Kicker Headphones? Anyone have or know anthing about These?
Feb 11, 2011 at 12:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

smittyryan

Head-Fier
Kicker (yes the same kicker car speakers company) has a headphone line. I saw there are some threads regarding there in ear phones but nothing about the Headphones. The Kicker hp541dj headphones, from what iv read on the reviews, have been said to have sound quality is on par with the beats studios and better than the solos. Apparently they do not have as much bass but have a clearer sound.
I thought they would be bass monsters but apparently if anything people have been lacking with the bass.
There on B&W for 49.99 which seems like a steal if all the reviews are true
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/662435-REG/KICKER_HP541_Kicker_HP541_DJ_Style.html

Feb 11, 2011 at 3:13 AM Post #2 of 8
I've tried these, but take everything I say with a grain of salt. Basically I was disgusted with the sound. They did have a lot of bass, but the overall sound was very muffled and not clear. Try them out and see and then just return them if you don't like them. I had the HP541. They were basically comparable to a $30 headphone to me. I actually disliked these so much that I returned them within a day. I used them with various amps such as my Total Airhead and straight out of an Ipod Touch and other players. All lossless files. For a cheap headphone with LOTS of bass, they might do the trick. If you like your mids, forget it..

I remember though that they had a removable cable, which is nice.

I think the only positive reviews I've seen are from the people selling them! Not saying they're dishonest or anything, but I do have to question that.

Feb 11, 2011 at 4:08 AM Post #3 of 8
Wow okay thanks for the honesty. Well im very much so into the head shaking bass but not if they actually sound that bad. there coming tomorrow and i guess ill refuse the order. do you have any other recomendations on bass heavy headphones under 75 bucks? i have some others iv had my eyes on like the koss ur55's. Please i feel lost i was certain this was gonna be a good purchase

Feb 11, 2011 at 4:12 AM Post #4 of 8
if the cable is actually removable it might actually be useful for some DIY project.

Feb 11, 2011 at 4:39 PM Post #5 of 8
I'd still suggest trying them out. I've had experiences before where a pair of headphones I've tried was HORRIBLE and then I gave another pair a second chance and the difference in sound was like night and day. This happened with the K240 Studio and D2000 with me before.

Chances are that they'll still do the return if you opened them.

I sound like a broken record suggesting this so much, but I highly suggest the Koss Pro DJ 100. Some feel it's bass heavy, but I think it's just under this. It has very good mids and they're slightly forward. It's my favorite headphone right now and HD-598 is gaining on it. They're also only $80 at any Best Buy and if you don't like them it's easy to return them. I just got in some MDR-V6 pads for them today and they're so much more comfortable. I use them as my weight training headphone despite the stupid coiled cable. They're just a fun headphone to listen to and the sound is quite balanced. Female vocals are quite amazing on them. Sometimes they even have these for sale for $50! I actually prefer them to lots of others under $200 like the KRK, M50, SRH-840.

Hope I didn't ruin anything for you. I think the Kicker headphones might still be worth trying. Especially for $50. I remember hearing them and then reading the reviews for them saying they had such clear sound and I'm thinking "Huh?!". The muffled sound reminded me of the Koss UR-29, which I hated.

Quote:
Wow okay thanks for the honesty. Well im very much so into the head shaking bass but not if they actually sound that bad. there coming tomorrow and i guess ill refuse the order. do you have any other recomendations on bass heavy headphones under 75 bucks? i have some others iv had my eyes on like the koss ur55's. Please i feel lost i was certain this was gonna be a good purchase

Feb 12, 2011 at 5:37 PM Post #7 of 8
Hey, definitely reply back after you've given them some use. I was also kind of interested in these headphones. I've got more money than they cost though, so I might get something more expensive. But these Kickers seem like a really good deal on Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back