Kick but cheap Shure SE cable upgrade
Feb 6, 2013 at 11:32 AM Post #16 of 99
Thanks.  Somehow I missed the $25 one.  Now I need to decide if I can live with the blue color.  Anyone else have opinions on this cord?  How does the memory portion of the wire compare to the stock Shure cable?  I have to admit that is one of my least favorite things about the shure cable.

Feb 16, 2013 at 3:13 AM Post #17 of 99
I have currently got my GH-ERC-DMS reshelled with SE sockets .. the stock shure cables are so rugged in construction- thick and doesnt get tangled .. the microphonics are low - but I wonder if any of these microphonics would be noticeable on the customs. 

Feb 16, 2013 at 4:22 AM Post #18 of 99
Quote:
Thanks.  Somehow I missed the $25 one.  Now I need to decide if I can live with the blue color.  Anyone else have opinions on this cord?  How does the memory portion of the wire compare to the stock Shure cable?  I have to admit that is one of my least favorite things about the shure cable.

I'm not sure if I like the blue color as well.  It is a lot cheaper than the Shure ones though.

Feb 16, 2013 at 6:15 AM Post #19 of 99
I'm a little enamoured by the thought of that blue cable with my blue SE215 LEs =D I had a massive pain trying to find it in the uk store, so to save anyone else struggling;

http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/promotions/6423?pcid=4872

I'm assuming the remote doesn't work with Android devices?

Feb 16, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #20 of 99
It'll just be like any other remote. The middle button will only function by answering calls, pause and play music. Unless if they have an app to specifically bind the volume up and down as volume up and down. I think klipsch and someone else has an app like that for android. Not entirely sure if Logitech has one, yet. Someone correct me if I'm wrong

Feb 18, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #23 of 99
Quote:
Where to buy this cable in Germany, I guess logitech ships it from US ?

Seeing as the UK link was posted directly above your question the logical deduction would have been to try the Deutsch site
wink.gif

http://www.logitech.com/de-de/promotions/6423?pcid=4872

Feb 19, 2013 at 3:15 AM Post #27 of 99
Quote:

Seeing as the UK link was posted directly above your question the logical deduction would have been to try the Deutsch site
wink.gif

http://www.logitech.com/de-de/promotions/6423?pcid=4872

Thats what I was asking , when you buy from this site are they shipping from US, because of the shipping cost they add.

Feb 20, 2013 at 6:28 PM Post #28 of 99
Just got my cables today. Crap. Why doesn't Shure start we these in the first place? Lightweight, controls work perfectly with my iPhone and they actually look much better than I thought they would. Kind of like the blue color. Best part is because they are not stiff like the stock Shure cables the fit of the earbuds is much better. Cable doesn't cause the buds to jostle around.

Honestly for $25 these are an absolute no brainier in my opinion. And I agree with the earlier post. I cannot detect any change in the sound quality other than perhaps a slightly wider soundstage. That perception could just be part of the better fit I am now experiencing. Only downside might be durability versus those fire hoses the Shure come with but at that price and being replaceable I don't see that being an issue. Haven't tried the $15 cables I also got without the controls but I have them for a backup.

Mar 10, 2013 at 2:54 PM Post #30 of 99
I'm getting a scratchy interference when I attach my SE425 to the UE 900 blue cable, and then the sound starts to cut in and out in each ear. Any advice? Anyone else experiencing this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back