Kick but cheap Shure SE cable upgrade
Feb 5, 2013 at 4:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 99

callej

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, 

Not sure if this has already been posted but if you order the UE900 replacement cables from logitech they fit your Shure SE models. I hate the clunky cable+mic that Shure sells for way too much money. The Logitech.com (under UE900 support, replacement parts) UE 900 cables cost 20 euro here in Germany, and sound better. 20 dollars/Euro for a good cable with mic is a steal. 

Feb 5, 2013 at 5:40 AM Post #2 of 99
too bad that it is not in black :frowning2:

Feb 5, 2013 at 7:37 AM Post #4 of 99
yes i saw that but I would prefer a cable with mic

Feb 5, 2013 at 2:38 PM Post #7 of 99
Quote:
Hi guys, 

Not sure if this has already been posted but if you order the UE900 replacement cables from logitech they fit your Shure SE models. I hate the clunky cable+mic that Shure sells for way too much money. The Logitech.com (under UE900 support, replacement parts) UE 900 cables cost 20 euro here in Germany, and sound better. 20 dollars/Euro for a good cable with mic is a steal. 

How are the microphonics on this cable ? 

most of the after market upgrade cables for the Shures which are generally DIY have too much microphonics that is not ideal for portable use ..

Feb 5, 2013 at 2:42 PM Post #8 of 99
Microphonics are qiute a bit less compared to shures, I owned the UE900 for a bit before i bought my se535 LTDs. Very lightweight cable, although i found that it tangled a bit easier since it was thinner

Feb 5, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #10 of 99
Called into customer service and ordered one. Will let you guys know once it arrives. Being a stock cable I dont expect it to improve drastically like some of the other aftermarkets, but i just couldnt stand the light grey cables that came with my se535 ltds anymore

Feb 6, 2013 at 5:36 AM Post #11 of 99
[size=10pt]I think the sound quality change is minor maybe it was a placebo effect but they seem like they drive easer in contrast to the Shure Mic cable (not standard cable).[/size][size=10pt]  I have not contrasted the two but there is a subtle difference between the Mic cables. [/size]

[size=10pt]Microphonics are fine but the cables are more tangle prone but I can live with that. I love these cables not that the stock cables are bad they are high quality but I'm constantly using the Mic cable for conference calls and music control and the UE900s are better. [/size]

[size=10pt]The link is below for the US site:[/size]

[size=10pt]http://buy.logitech.com/store/logib2c/en_US/DisplayCategoryProductListPage/categoryid.60213000?resid=UQ0xawoHAtQAAD0b77wAAAAF&rests=1360146749396[/size]

Feb 6, 2013 at 6:55 AM Post #12 of 99
Might get this from the UK store. Nothing particularly wrong with the stock Shure cable for me but nice to have a cheap spare until the "proper" aftermarket cable purchase - only after many other planned purchases first
wink.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 6, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #14 of 99
Can the cable with the mic be purchased from the Logitech web site?  I only see the one cable listed for $15 and I am assuming that is the black cable which has no in line controls?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back