Khadas Tone2 Pro: Mini Desktop DAC with built-in Headphone Amplifier
Feb 17, 2021 at 5:21 PM Post #136 of 245
My turn

20210217_214737101.jpg20210217_215653178.jpg

Feb 20, 2021 at 4:07 AM Post #139 of 245
Was trying to figure a good way to see what the Tone2 Pro is capable of and have temporarily decided on this. Liking what I hear with this configuration.

Going RCA is too hot even with a 10db pad, but low gain (highish volume on 3.5mm output) and no more clipping. Nice Sabre implementation compared to others I've heard in the past also. Glad I grabbed one of these. I can see the Tone2 Pro as a regular fixture in my bag when I am on the road.

IMG_20210220_025417.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2021 at 7:11 AM Post #140 of 245
Was trying to figure a good way to see what the Tone2 Pro is capable of and have temporarily decided on this. Liking what I hear with this configuration.

Going RCA is too hot even with a 10db pad, but low gain (highish volume on 3.5mm output) and no more clipping. Nice Sabre implementation compared to others I've heard in the past also. Glad I grabbed one of these. I can see the Tone2 Pro as a regular fixture in my bag when I am on the road.

Wow. I was just wondering if you could do that. That's great.

Feb 20, 2021 at 11:19 AM Post #142 of 245
Question, Is it possible or can the Tone2 Reads from two Different input USB source ? One From a Phone and the Other from a PC without unplugging either source.

E.g Getting power from I2S with the Other port attaches to a USB HUB > Phone & PC.
I remember reading somewhere that there is a port hierarchy with Auto selection and obviously one choice only when you choose an input port manually

Feb 20, 2021 at 10:12 PM Post #143 of 245

IMG_20210220_025417.jpg
what is that under the tone?

Feb 21, 2021 at 12:54 PM Post #145 of 245
Shure KSE1200 Electrostatic earphones energizer
thanks I"m going to check see if VE Wild Lee's Warp Core for his Runabout Plus will work

Feb 22, 2021 at 10:23 AM Post #146 of 245
Hey. Are people liking there Khadas Tone 2 pro? I would love one to try out with my u12t! Inæ want to use the Khadas with Rpi +Ropieee with Roon. Anyone here tried that? Im really torned between ifi zen stack or this one. ONLY gonna use IEMs.

Feb 22, 2021 at 11:00 AM Post #147 of 245
Hey. Are people liking there Khadas Tone 2 pro? I would love one to try out with my u12t! Inæ want to use the Khadas with Rpi +Ropieee with Roon. Anyone here tried that? Im really torned between ifi zen stack or this one. ONLY gonna use IEMs.

I'm pleased with the Tone2 Pro. Good DAC implementation. Surprisingly small. A bit of a learning curve when you want to navigate settings, but not difficult to master. Will not power high impedance cans with any authority. Will definitely be travelling with me (once that is possible again)

Feb 22, 2021 at 11:35 PM Post #149 of 245
I just got mine in the mail and it works fine with Roon, and also as a usb dac directly from my Mac.

My only problem is to make it work properly with the iPhone. I have the usb-i2s connected to a power supply or a power bank, I have several official apple usb-c to lightning cables (ones that came with a iPhone 11 Pro and an iPad Pro) but it doesn't work.

I having to use and old apple CCK adapter to a usb-2 cable and another adapter to plug into the dac.

Can someone at Khadas help ? you mention on your site the necessity for the Apple C78-USBH Converter Cable but I can't find it anywhere online for purchase.

Thanks

Feb 23, 2021 at 7:09 AM Post #150 of 245
I just got mine in the mail and it works fine with Roon, and also as a usb dac directly from my Mac.

My only problem is to make it work properly with the iPhone. I have the usb-i2s connected to a power supply or a power bank, I have several official apple usb-c to lightning cables (ones that came with a iPhone 11 Pro and an iPad Pro) but it doesn't work.

I having to use and old apple CCK adapter to a usb-2 cable and another adapter to plug into the dac.

Can someone at Khadas help ? you mention on your site the necessity for the Apple C78-USBH Converter Cable but I can't find it anywhere online for purchase.

Thanks
Apple C78-USBH Converter Cable is for connecting Macbook (usb c) to iPhone (lightning). I ordered one from Verizon and will have it tomorrow. Will post whether or not it works as expected

Users who are viewing this thread

Back