Khadas Tone Board DAC = WOW!
Aug 25, 2019 at 10:00 AM Post #62 of 192
Two questions: what is the “next sale” you’re referring to? And does anyone have any info on a revised or next version and when it might be released? Thanks in advance.
Pete

I'll be waiting for it to be on sale either on aliexpress or amazon. I think there's an aliexpress sale starting tomorrow, and another big sale on 11/11. Not sure if the Khadas toneboard will be on sale though.

Aug 25, 2019 at 10:18 AM Post #63 of 192
I'll be waiting for it to be on sale either on aliexpress or amazon. I think there's an aliexpress sale starting tomorrow, and another big sale on 11/11. Not sure if the Khadas toneboard will be on sale though.
Got it- thanks!

Does anyone have any info on a revised version? I tend to buy things right when the next version comes along!

Sep 4, 2019 at 8:15 AM Post #64 of 192
Thanks guys for recommending the Khadas Tone Board. I just got mine today with a casing from Aliexpress and wow, it really opens up the soundstage, dynamics and clarity compared to my other DAC/AMP (which was the Tempotec Sonata HD). When paired with an amp (Fiio A3), it is really incredible, the cliche where u can hear new details in the music u haven't heard before is true here.

One of the best audiogear investments I have made!

WhatsApp Image 2019-09-04 at 19.01.33 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-09-04 at 19.01.33 (2).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2019-09-04 at 19.01.33.jpeg

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2019 at 11:55 AM Post #66 of 192
How this dac compare to the Topping D30 ?

regards,
Simon
Better.

Thanks guys for recommending the Khadas Tone Board. I just got mine today with a casing from Aliexpress and wow, it really opens up the soundstage, dynamics and clarity compared to my other DAC/AMP (which was the Tempotec Sonata HD). When paired with an amp (Fiio A3), it is really incredible, the cliche where u can hear new details in the music u haven't heard before is true here.

One of the best audiogear investments I have made!

Nice man :) now, just get some more elegant RCA cables :D I recommend ghent audio A01 :wink:

Sep 4, 2019 at 8:50 PM Post #67 of 192
Nice man :) now, just get some more elegant RCA cables :D I recommend ghent audio A01 :wink:

Thanks I will check out the ghent audio A01! Yeah I bought the above lousy RCA cables from a dollar shop to just give it a try but definitely am open to getting better cables.

Sep 10, 2019 at 12:30 PM Post #72 of 192
what's the changelog?

Nothing yet. Last I heard a new one was definitely coming this year, with a fixed ESS hump and possibly balanced. I really just want the optical port. Oh and they're supposed to bring their own case out too.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back