1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Khadas Tone Board DAC = WOW!

Discussion in 'Dedicated Source Components' started by chillihead, Apr 9, 2019.
First

Back
1 2 3 4
6 7 8
Next

Last
  1. pboser
    Two questions: what is the “next sale” you’re referring to? And does anyone have any info on a revised or next version and when it might be released? Thanks in advance.
    Pete

2. baskingshark
    I'll be waiting for it to be on sale either on aliexpress or amazon. I think there's an aliexpress sale starting tomorrow, and another big sale on 11/11. Not sure if the Khadas toneboard will be on sale though.

3. pboser
    Got it- thanks!

Does anyone have any info on a revised version? I tend to buy things right when the next version comes along!

4. baskingshark
    Thanks guys for recommending the Khadas Tone Board. I just got mine today with a casing from Aliexpress and wow, it really opens up the soundstage, dynamics and clarity compared to my other DAC/AMP (which was the Tempotec Sonata HD). When paired with an amp (Fiio A3), it is really incredible, the cliche where u can hear new details in the music u haven't heard before is true here.

One of the best audiogear investments I have made!

WhatsApp Image 2019-09-04 at 19.01.33 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-09-04 at 19.01.33 (2).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-09-04 at 19.01.33.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
    Baten and maxxevv like this.
  5. simon740
    How this dac compare to the Topping D30 ?

regards,
    Simon

6. Baten
    Better.

Nice man :) now, just get some more elegant RCA cables :D I recommend ghent audio A01 :wink:

baskingshark likes this.
  7. baskingshark
    Thanks I will check out the ghent audio A01! Yeah I bought the above lousy RCA cables from a dollar shop to just give it a try but definitely am open to getting better cables.

Baten likes this.
  8. beepboop
    Are there cables that go from optical to coaxial? Is the advantage of optical mitigating electrical noise from a PC motherboard? Sorry so many questions.

9. Baten
    Converting optical to something else forgoes the electrical noise benefit. And you'd need a converter not a cable.

10. Waiting for the V2 tone board just to try it out for kicks. I hope the new one has an optical port.

11. snip3r77
    what's the changelog?

12. Nothing yet. Last I heard a new one was definitely coming this year, with a fixed ESS hump and possibly balanced. I really just want the optical port. Oh and they're supposed to bring their own case out too.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  13. beepboop
    [​IMG]

Is it possible that the side cable is going into an optical port?!

14. Oh jesus that's just horrible. I would imagine that single cable on the side is power. I'm not even buying something that ugly to mess around with.

Whoever designed that should be ashamed.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  15. Baten
    It's just a case they designed for the board (v1 even probably)

hasn't really got anything to do with the new balanced board.

First

Back
1 2 3 4
6 7 8
Next

Last