KGSShv Carbon - hows it sound with the 009s?
Mar 5, 2017 at 4:47 AM Post #392 of 834
Nice! So Carbon and 009 is good together

Nah...stop your DIY Carbon....get the Stax SRM-252S instead to go with your 009!  
wink.gif

Mar 5, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #393 of 834
Which is better for 009s and 007s?Schiit yggy,metrum Menuet or Metrum hex?

Schiit Yggdrasil In my opinion would pair better for the 007, but without a doubt will also do great with the 009.

The HEX is the higher end model, but from the introduction of the Transient modules, the Menuet should be on the same level if not more superior than the HEX.

For electrostatics I recommend R2R Ladder. Honestly I wouldn't go with either choice. The Holo Audio Spring would be better for the money and even comparable to the Metrum Pavane.

Mar 5, 2017 at 1:51 PM Post #394 of 834
Schiit Yggdrasil In my opinion would pair better for the 007, but without a doubt will also do great with the 009.

The HEX is the higher end model, but from the introduction of the Transient modules, the Menuet should be on the same level if not more superior than the HEX.

For electrostatics I recommend R2R Ladder. Honestly I wouldn't go with either choice. The Holo Audio Spring would be better for the money and even comparable to the Metrum Pavane.

Level 3 kitsune edition?

Mar 5, 2017 at 8:07 PM Post #395 of 834
Level 3 kitsune edition?

I wouldn't spend the extra money on boutique parts for a level 3. I personally have heard all 3 levels.

Could not tell a different between 1 and 2, and 3 was maybe 2-3% better in transparency, but could just be from the bright silver o-ring transformer.

My best recommendation is to get a level 1 for $1500 and save the extra money on a digital to digital converter (DDC) for better clocks and galvanic isolation. Pair it with a Singxer SU-1 via I2S (HDMI) cable and you'll have one of the best R2R NOS DAC's currently on the market. Extremely ethereal and lifelike. Excellent companion for the 009/Carbon.

I recommend the WireWorld Chroma 7. It's affordable and well shielded. Keep the cable as short as you can (based on your equipment arrangement) to reduce jitter. I wouldn't recommend pricey cables for digital short distance.

Mar 6, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #399 of 834
Mar 6, 2017 at 6:14 PM Post #405 of 834
Any comparisons between focal utopia and Sr(009, 007)?I am very close to buying sr 009s and 007s.This is my last question sorry for the disturbance.

Not trying to promo my own thread, but check here, too. For me, the Utopia was a real ear-opener. Would I choose it over my Stax? No, but it's damn fine, and with the Utopia, you do have amp choices you would not have with the Stax.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back