Keyboard-Fi
Oct 7, 2013 at 5:02 AM Post #1,321 of 2,079
After buying the Razer Blackwidow i cant stand normal rubber dome keyboards.
And that has caused some interesting problems when i am forced to use a laptop.
I am having difficulties typing..
The blackwidow didn't last me long though. Like everything else i have owned from razer, it broke.
So i bougth the Steelseies 7G keyboard. And i do not regret that decision at all.
It is far more comfortable to type on with its MX black switches.

Oct 7, 2013 at 9:05 AM Post #1,322 of 2,079
  After buying the Razer Blackwidow i cant stand normal rubber dome keyboards.
And that has caused some interesting problems when i am forced to use a laptop.
I am having difficulties typing..
The blackwidow didn't last me long though. Like everything else i have owned from razer, it broke.
So i bougth the Steelseies 7G keyboard. And i do not regret that decision at all.
It is far more comfortable to type on with its MX black switches.

Razer blackwidows can ruin the blue mx experience, since they are one of the ****ties brands out there in what concerns mechanical keyboards, steelseries is more decent but still not the best one.
You should have saved up money from the start and just bought a filco majestouch, they are well worth the extra money. And these one are only lowmid range mechs, they are really good for starters

Oct 7, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #1,323 of 2,079
When my current keyboard dies I will look at those filco's.
Til then i am happy with what i got.
Problem i am facing is that i am norwegian.
So i need a keyboard with those special norwegian letters on it.
And they can be hard to find or it is the swedish version...

Oct 7, 2013 at 11:23 AM Post #1,324 of 2,079
  When my current keyboard dies I will look at those filco's.
Til then i am happy with what i got.
Problem i am facing is that i am norwegian.
So i need a keyboard with those special norwegian letters on it.
And they can be hard to find or it is the swedish version...

Is this the key layout that you're looking for? If so, they aren't too uncommon.

There's also a Ducky version as well.
https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=277

Oct 7, 2013 at 11:27 AM Post #1,325 of 2,079
That is the Nordic version.
So the extra letter are Swedish not Norwegian.
I could use it without any problems of course. But when you spend that much money on a keyboard.
You want the letters to be the right ones.

Oct 7, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #1,327 of 2,079

If i am not wrong I believe there are filcos which norwegian layouts.

I've seen them before on Deskthority - only other thing that comes to mind are some rare, older Cherry G80 models but they are few and far between.  I think Filco still offers a Danish/Norwegian keycap set that matches the stock Filco keycaps:

http://www.keyboardco.com/product/filco-danish-and-norwegian-part-keyset-and-key-puller.asp

That way you can convert a standard European ISO layout board - also available in Ninja side-print too!

Oct 7, 2013 at 5:44 PM Post #1,328 of 2,079
Thank you for the links.
I will definitely look into buying a filco keyboard next year.
They look like they could withstand nuclear war. :p

Oct 7, 2013 at 9:23 PM Post #1,329 of 2,079
If your Blackwidow has been working fine up until now there shouldn't be any issues in the future so don't count on it just dying because chances are it won't.

Oct 8, 2013 at 10:23 AM Post #1,330 of 2,079
  If your Blackwidow has been working fine up until now there shouldn't be any issues in the future so don't count on it just dying because chances are it won't.

Razer products are rollete alike, is very common to them do them die unexpectably, you can look around for loads of people with bad feedbacks. My advice would be to sell your dodgy quality keyboard and buy something with grown man build quality standards and you can sell them used at a good price to youngsters. If you speed a little more it is a really huge difference. All the keyboard is flimsy and when the keyboard starts to get older the switches start have a worse response somehow. Being someone that upgraded from a blackwidow to a Filco I can tell you the keyboard is ages away in what concerns quality. (Filco is not the only good quality brand for low-mid budgets)

Oct 8, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #1,331 of 2,079
Well my Blackwidow died over a year ago.
Have not had any problems with my currect Steelseries 7G.
But yes i will buy a Filco next. :)

Oct 8, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #1,333 of 2,079

Razer products are rollete alike, is very common to them do them die unexpectably, you can look around for loads of people with bad feedbacks. My advice would be to sell your dodgy quality keyboard and buy something with grown man build quality standards and you can sell them used at a good price to youngsters. If you speed a little more it is a really huge difference. All the keyboard is flimsy and when the keyboard starts to get older the switches start have a worse response somehow. Being someone that upgraded from a blackwidow to a Filco I can tell you the keyboard is ages away in what concerns quality. (Filco is not the only good quality brand for low-mid budgets)

I'm not sure why it's so fashionable for one to hate on the Blackwidow, but the build quality isn't as bad is people make it out to be. Sure they aren't using Costar stabilizers, and sure the soldering job isn't as clean as one on Filcos, but in the end the Blackwidow isn't bad at all considering that it's inexpensive, has macros that some can benefit from, and doesn't look bad at all. You can argue that the Filco has cleaner aesthetics but Razer boards don't look childish or ugly at all. 

I'm going to bash Filco for a bit and say that their pricing is not competitive at all when QFR's sell for literally $100 less regularly (Lowest price was $35+shipping for a QFR) while the two barely have differences in build quality at all. They both sport the same minimilistic design, both have little flex, and both use Costar as their OEM. You'll only start finding differences when you open up the boards, and even then it is VERY questionable whether the differences between the two is worth $100 more, because for the vast majority of people, it's not. You're only paying for the Filco branding and the "Made in Japan" sticker.

Oct 8, 2013 at 11:00 PM Post #1,334 of 2,079
  I'm not sure why it's so fashionable for one to hate on the Blackwidow, but the build quality isn't as bad is people make it out to be. Sure they aren't using Costar stabilizers, and sure the soldering job isn't as clean as one on Filcos, but in the end the Blackwidow isn't bad at all considering that it's inexpensive, has macros that some can benefit from, and doesn't look bad at all. You can argue that the Filco has cleaner aesthetics but Razer boards don't look childish or ugly at all. 

I'm going to bash Filco for a bit and say that their pricing is not competitive at all when QFR's sell for literally $100 less regularly (Lowest price was $35+shipping for a QFR) while the two barely have differences in build quality at all. They both sport the same minimilistic design, both have little flex, and both use Costar as their OEM. You'll only start finding differences when you open up the boards, and even then it is VERY questionable whether the differences between the two is worth $100 more, because for the vast majority of people, it's not. You're only paying for the Filco branding and the "Made in Japan" sticker.

Agreed.  I got my MX Blue QFR for $55 shipped on sale.  I've done some extensive modding since, but I sold my previous Majestouch 2 TKL shortly after getting it because they were very close in quality.  The differences aren't worth the additional price difference IMO but it may be worth it to some (like there are some programmable controller chips out there for the Filcos).  I was able to increase weight and rigidity in my QFR by filling the base with resin...now it's a tank.  In addition I made 'ghetto reds' using vintage black stems with the blue springs and lubricated them up...new cherry profile PBT keycap set...and the Filco is a distant memory haha.  They are still solid boards, but there are equal/better options out there for less.  It's like how Topre released the Type Heaven, which is now the cheapest Topre switch board available today and is priced the same as a Filco.  I still want my Realforce 87U though 
tongue.gif
 one day...

Oct 9, 2013 at 12:38 AM Post #1,335 of 2,079
Hey, my keyboard's, "L" key recently crapped out on me, and its REALLY bugging me. Does anyone have any recommendations for a new one? I want one thats SUPER comfortable for just typing, no gaming for me. Nothing more than about $120. Thanks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back