Keyboard-Fi
Sep 24, 2013 at 9:47 AM Post #1,291 of 2,079
  I'm using a Filco Majestouch 2 brown switch at home and Rosewill RK-9000 blue switch at work..

Any Topre users here?

Soon haha...I plan on trying out a Realforce 87U at some point, hopefully as my 'end-game' board at home.  They're slowly becoming more affordable now with the latest Leopold 'mini' 66-key and the Type Heaven, which I believe goes for $150 now.  I've always liked the styling and color scheme of the white Realforce boards so that's what I'm after.  I currently use a modified QFR with 'ghetto reds' using vintage black stems and blue springs.  Originally got it for work as I had a Majestouch 2 TKL at home but after some modification and tinkering I sold the Filco and kept the QFR for home.  My first TKL was a Leopold which I now use at work, but Costar boards are better IMO (prefer the stabilizers personally).  My brother has a RK-9000 and I finally convinced him to go TKL so he just recently picked up a Corsair K65 which is actually pretty cool looking.

Sep 24, 2013 at 11:14 PM Post #1,293 of 2,079
  I'm using a Filco Majestouch 2 brown switch at home and Rosewill RK-9000 blue switch at work..

Any Topre users here?

Yeah, FC660C owner. On some days I lust for an HHKB but I always reconsider...I think the only real upper hand the HHKB has is the extra case mounted resonance and the dyesub keycaps, making it look better than the FC660C.

I just got an MX Red board in today ($40 shipped from newegg with free mousepad as well :D) and linear is breath of fresh air but Topre definitely feels like a superior switch. 

Sep 25, 2013 at 2:19 AM Post #1,294 of 2,079

Soon haha...I plan on trying out a Realforce 87U at some point, hopefully as my 'end-game' board at home.  They're slowly becoming more affordable now with the latest Leopold 'mini' 66-key and the Type Heaven, which I believe goes for $150 now.  I've always liked the styling and color scheme of the white Realforce boards so that's what I'm after.  I currently use a modified QFR with 'ghetto reds' using vintage black stems and blue springs.  Originally got it for work as I had a Majestouch 2 TKL at home but after some modification and tinkering I sold the Filco and kept the QFR for home.  My first TKL was a Leopold which I now use at work, but Costar boards are better IMO (prefer the stabilizers personally).  My brother has a RK-9000 and I finally convinced him to go TKL so he just recently picked up a Corsair K65 which is actually pretty cool looking.

The dyesub PBT keycaps on the Realforces are really appealing to me though..

Sep 25, 2013 at 3:11 AM Post #1,295 of 2,079
  The dyesub PBT keycaps on the Realforces are really appealing to me though..

Realforce 55g user here - love this thing with a passion!  I really wish you hadnt mentioned that there were dyesub keys for it though... now I'm going to have to spend more money this month! 

Sep 25, 2013 at 9:21 AM Post #1,296 of 2,079

Realforce 55g user here - love this thing with a passion!  I really wish you hadnt mentioned that there were dyesub keys for it though... now I'm going to have to spend more money this month! 

The stock keys on all the Realforce boards are dye-sub, but places like elitekeyboards have different colored sets available.  I've got cherry-profile PBT dyesubs on all of my MX boards 
cool.gif
 can't wait to try out a Topre board though, it's the last switch on my list to test.  Still undecided which weighted-variation I want.  Still planning on keeping at least one MX Red board around!

Sep 25, 2013 at 4:16 PM Post #1,297 of 2,079
i like cherry keyboards. the mechanical click click and the satisfying tactile feedback is just amazing. i use the das keyboard, but its forbiddingly expensive at $100 for a keyboard when i can buy a cheap logitech at office depot for $15 regular price.

the apple keyboards feel like theres nothing to hold back the key. i am a piano player since when i was 5 so i have very strong fingers. a light tap on the apple keys just dont cut it for me.

The Cherry Blues and Greens may be clicky, but the Browns and Clears are good alternatives for when noise is an issue as they don't make a loud click, but they still provides tactile feedback.

Sep 25, 2013 at 6:17 PM Post #1,298 of 2,079
i like cherry keyboards. the mechanical click click and the satisfying tactile feedback is just amazing. i use the das keyboard, but its forbiddingly expensive at $100 for a keyboard when i can buy a cheap logitech at office depot for $15 regular price.

the apple keyboards feel like theres nothing to hold back the key. i am a piano player since when i was 5 so i have very strong fingers. a light tap on the apple keys just dont cut it for me.

The Cherry Blues and Greens may be clicky, but the Browns and Clears are good alternatives for when noise is an issue as they don't make a loud click, but they still provides tactile feedback.
You can always go MX White, my favorite clicky! <3

Sep 25, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #1,299 of 2,079

The stock keys on all the Realforce boards are dye-sub, but places like elitekeyboards have different colored sets available.  I've got cherry-profile PBT dyesubs on all of my MX boards 
cool.gif
 can't wait to try out a Topre board though, it's the last switch on my list to test.  Still undecided which weighted-variation I want.  Still planning on keeping at least one MX Red board around!

I wish they sold the fern green keycaps at elitekeyboards, they look so great! I would love to get fern green mods on lime green alphas but too bad I own an FC660C 
mad.gif

Sep 25, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #1,301 of 2,079
Honestly though, I don't feel like the browns and blues are that different. Had a Cherry MX blue razer kb once, now sold to a friend, and went to a shop countless times to try brown Cherry mx... not that much different IMO. But then again, I never had a brown for myself, so....

What I can say though is I prefer the feel of red cherry mx than either of the mentioned up there. For typing oddly enough.

Sep 26, 2013 at 2:23 AM Post #1,302 of 2,079
Honestly though, I don't feel like the browns and blues are that different. Had a Cherry MX blue razer kb once, now sold to a friend, and went to a shop countless times to try brown Cherry mx... not that much different IMO. But then again, I never had a brown for myself, so....

What I can say though is I prefer the feel of red cherry mx than either of the mentioned up there. For typing oddly enough.

Wha..? There's a huge difference!

From the tactility (blue is much more pronounced) to the click, and even the 5g additional resistance was very evident to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back