Keyboard-Fi
Mar 17, 2013 at 6:50 PM Post #1,141 of 2,079
Quote:
been using my duckyshine 2 at uni for ages now, although im on a compsci course so i guess people are more used to the beautiful sound of cherry blues xD It is a bit loud for most other people however, what o-ring size are most people using? 

anyone know where i could get multicoloured translucent caps from in the uk? the ducky shine has reactive lighting and i have a vision of a rainbow on my keyboard =)

I use the dental bands from the orthodontist 

Mar 17, 2013 at 8:27 PM Post #1,142 of 2,079
I'm using a Logitech G110 that just has rubber domes. It's got some of the best tactile feel I've ever felt from a rubber dome keyboard. It's still not as good as a mechanical keyboard, though. Will be upgrading to one of those eventually.

I used to have a Dell keyboard that had Alps Black switches. Alps Black is a linear, but still clicky, switch. When I get a new keyboard, I think I'll go with one with Alps Black or MX Brown.

Mar 18, 2013 at 4:13 AM Post #1,144 of 2,079
Brown is still loud IMO. At least that's my impression from mashing some browns at a store. Of course still not as loud as blue.

Having owned Both a brown and blue switch keyboard, I can say they're about the same loudness. The only difference is that the blues have a higher pitched clicking noise than the browns.

Mar 19, 2013 at 6:28 PM Post #1,150 of 2,079
So learning colemak made me realise that I could be better served with a softer switch.
What are you running now? I'd get either Blues or Reds. :wink:

Mar 20, 2013 at 1:19 AM Post #1,151 of 2,079
What are you running now? I'd get either Blues or Reds. :wink:

I'm thinking of getting the HPE 87 I linked before in browns, but maybe I'll just try reds now. I haven't decided yet, but I'm leaning for brown since it has that tactile bump, but that linear feel of red still intrigues me. I know should've order those sampler switches from WASD Keyboards.

Mar 20, 2013 at 3:51 AM Post #1,152 of 2,079
Sure, I'm in this club.

Typing on a debranded Quickfire Rapid Pro with Cherry MX Blues. Developing key shine rather quick.. I'm going to try to get my hands on some dark grey pbt caps.. If I can't find those I will either go with black pbt or dark grey abs. Gotta wait til I have money though. Probably black PBT... I think I'm cool with that, I'd rather have PBT than the grey.

*edit* Got a model m sitting on the floor the right shift and enter and backspace started sticking. I got some good use out of it, but I don't regret moving to blues when it started malfunctioning. I think I type faster on these lighter switches, even though I pulverize them.

Mar 23, 2013 at 4:39 AM Post #1,153 of 2,079
Its been 6 days since I started learning Colemak and wow my QWERTY speed dropped drastically. I can't see how I can juggle between the two considering the greater part of the world is still using the latter layout and I'm relying more on muscle memory to type...

Still thinking on that HPE 87 kb I posted about. I think I'm going for red cherry since even Blue is kind of hardish for me to type on now that I changed to colemak, oddly enough.

Mar 23, 2013 at 7:08 AM Post #1,154 of 2,079
Its been 6 days since I started learning Colemak and wow my QWERTY speed dropped drastically. I can't see how I can juggle between the two considering the greater part of the world is still using the latter layout and I'm relying more on muscle memory to type...

Still thinking on that HPE 87 kb I posted about. I think I'm going for red cherry since even Blue is kind of hardish for me to type on now that I changed to colemak, oddly enough.
Yeah. Tell us how that goes. I have read about alternate typing styles many times before

Mar 27, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #1,155 of 2,079
Quote:

I'm not getting this part. Are you saying learning an alternate layout is pointless because the other, public computers you'll be using are configured with QWERTY?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back