Keyboard-Fi
Apr 30, 2011 at 8:25 PM Post #391 of 2,075
the 55g still takes far less effort to push down than the model M.  there is still a nice point at which actuation occurs with the topre, but it is certainly not as abruptly strong as with the buckling spring.  honestly, this may be the best typing experience of all time.  an excellent mid-point between the cherries and the springs. 

Apr 30, 2011 at 8:36 PM Post #392 of 2,075
Very cool. I'd love to check one out, but not sure if I can justify the price over my trusty stash of Model Ms (and the endless lust for audio gear).

Sometimes I find the Model M to be slightly too resistant for RTS playing (aka feeding my Starcraft addiciton) but man those are expensive.

Jun 13, 2011 at 4:22 PM Post #393 of 2,075
After years of using the Logitech X-Slim (which is actually a great keyboard), I'm rocking a Cherry Mechanical G80-3000

Best thing I've ever typed on, but I might change it to get a Blue MX equipped keyboard some day :wink:

Jun 13, 2011 at 4:43 PM Post #394 of 2,075
i got my das keyboard ultimate about 3 years ago and i think it was a great purchase. since then, though, i've realized there are actually keyboard enthusiasts out there! so, great thread.

i have one question regarding the das: has anybody else had issues with the keys inverting at high typing speed? i have read reports of this occurring during very fast typing and i believe my model may exhibit some of that behavior. i can get up to 120ish wpm on the das keyboard on a good day, and i have noticed an odd tendency to confuse certain letters only when using that keyboard.

Jun 14, 2011 at 1:05 AM Post #395 of 2,075
the das pro 's' is one of my favorite things. it put my realforce in the closet! plus metadot's customer service should be a model for all other companies to follow. i do not have that problem at all. as you see i do not hit caps for non formal letters. with that, i can hit almost 140 wpm on it for a few minutes! if i am typing properly with caps i can sustain a little over 100. i could not do that on a realforce,rubber dome, or buckling spring. i did not want the otaku,ultimate so i was hoping they would use lasered or dye sub and finally they did use lasered. it has held up great. although they are pretty shiny but so was the realforce. i wish next they use pbt. the unicomp is a steal for the quality of the keycaps but i hate the overall keyboard. i look no further than the das unless they introduce a better model.

Jun 14, 2011 at 1:16 PM Post #396 of 2,075
Can anybody recommend me a good wireless keyboard for a Macbook Pro? Is the Apple keyboard the only option? I occasionally do some gaming (nothing hardcore), but I can't have a keyboard that will ignore multiple key-presses or combinations.  I'm looking to spend about $50-80

Jun 14, 2011 at 11:01 PM Post #399 of 2,075
Wireless mechanical, probably not.
Logitech makes some nice wireless keyboards though.  I really like their k800's, they make a few keyboards with that style of sort of rounded keys.  I find them really easy to type on and almost as nice as mechanical keys although in a different way.  I guess they're mushier although still comfortable.

Jun 16, 2011 at 10:51 PM Post #401 of 2,075
At the moment i am using a very chicklet feel keyboard for desktop from Logitech.  Its the Illuminated keyboard (its not the k800 its the original) they offer, in terms of future its basic but its a good change from my former keyboard. :))

Jun 16, 2011 at 11:11 PM Post #402 of 2,075
Are there any mechanical keyboards besides the Das Model S Ultimate Silent that have blank keycaps? I know about the Leopold Otaku but I can't seem to find any else. Those two are the same price after the Das student discount and I could care less about the glossy finish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back