Keyboard-Fi
Apr 2, 2011 at 5:36 PM Post #376 of 2,079
Filco + G9x
DT-35 + G1

They are all great imho lol
biggrin.gif

Apr 2, 2011 at 11:19 PM Post #377 of 2,079
I really like the Logitech K800 I'm using right now. It's just pretty much fantastic for anything I want to do with it. Typing is way easier and the back light is just awesome. Its actually activated by a proximity sensor so you don't even have to touch it for the lights to come on.

On a side note, I'm also using a M$ Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 which is normally meant for portable use, but its better than the wired thing I was using.

Apr 22, 2011 at 6:53 PM Post #379 of 2,079
Does anyone play Osu using a mechanical keyboard? I'm using the BlackWidow, and wanted to know if the high release point of the Cherry Blues affect the multiple tapping in any way, and if it does, are Cherry Browns better?

Apr 23, 2011 at 1:12 AM Post #380 of 2,079
Depends on your key mashing style.  I haven't played that game before but never had any problems with my cherry blue's not registering from very fast tapping.
Just got my Noppoo Choc Mini with cherry browns yesterday.  It's so small and cute =P

Apr 23, 2011 at 5:51 AM Post #381 of 2,079

Quote:
I'm using the BlackWidow, and wanted to know if the high release point of the Cherry Blues affect the multiple tapping in any way, and if it does, are Cherry Browns better?

You be the judge.

I think the whole "blues suck for gaming" is some utterly dumb OCN faggotry. There is absolutely nothing wrong with blues with regards to gaming. I'll take my blues or Topre any day over the oh-so-awesome browns. Yes, I owned a brown board and wanted to love it, but it was the worst mechanical switch I have ever tried. It is basically a linear switch ruined by the sand-like friction at the actuation point.

End of rant.

Apr 23, 2011 at 9:52 PM Post #382 of 2,079

You be the judge.

I think the whole "blues suck for gaming" is some utterly dumb OCN faggotry. There is absolutely nothing wrong with blues with regards to gaming. I'll take my blues or Topre any day over the oh-so-awesome browns. Yes, I owned a brown board and wanted to love it, but it was the worst mechanical switch I have ever tried. It is basically a linear switch ruined by the sand-like friction at the actuation point.

End of rant.

Aha. I was convinced of it too.

But Osu eventually requires something ridiculous like 40 alternating clicks of z and x in a row at like 10 clicks a second, so I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing because I missed the beat, but because my keyboard couldn't handle it. :p

I'll test further and see what I get.

Apr 23, 2011 at 10:12 PM Post #383 of 2,079
My 55g topre just arrived today.... WHERE HAS THIS BEEN ALL MY LIFE!? 

I'll try to post some pics tomorrow.  If anyone wants to buy a Filco Tenkeyless Brown, shoot me a pm :wink: 

Apr 24, 2011 at 1:39 PM Post #384 of 2,079
My 55g topre just arrived today.... WHERE HAS THIS BEEN ALL MY LIFE!? 

I'll try to post some pics tomorrow.  If anyone wants to buy a Filco Tenkeyless Brown, shoot me a pm :wink: 

Shipping costs! Fuuu.

I wanted to buy that Otaku Leopold from EliteKeyboards, but it doesn't come in Blues... Trying to get rid of this BlackWidow.

Apr 24, 2011 at 1:52 PM Post #385 of 2,079
My blackwidow keyboard used to annoy me to no end because some of the keys would stop clicking... maybe I'm ocd but I'm just really annoyed when all the keys click except for a few, so that's why I went for brown.  Too bad there isn't very much market for mechanical keyboards in the US, choices are super limited by both styles and switch type.

Apr 24, 2011 at 6:52 PM Post #386 of 2,079
they're not really limited...you can get all of these easily in the US:
leopolds (mx black, blue, brown) from elite keyboards
topres from elite keyboards, filcos (black, brown, blue, red) from amazon
das keyboards (brown or blue)
deck keyboards (black or clear)
the various "gaming" keyboards from razer (blue), xarmor (blue or brown), steelseries (black), zowie (brown)
unicomps (buckling spring)
probably several more that i forgot

Apr 30, 2011 at 6:33 PM Post #390 of 2,079
Well I guess that sums up your feelings on the filco in retrospect nicely. What do you think about the 55g vs the venerable Model M in terms of key feel?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back