Keyboard-Fi
Jun 1, 2010 at 5:51 PM Post #106 of 2,079
Although I've mad respects for the Model M's, Das keyboards, and other such beautiful, mechanical monsters, I am typing this on a Logitech. A Dinovo Keyboard for laptops with amazing feel in the keyboard and a general sense of quality still, but it's utterly opposite of a Model M.

It's because I also have a Macbook, so really, getting an old-style keyboard is just going to annoy me when I switch between them.

But I've used quite a few keyboards (mostly Logitechs) and I like this one best. It feels nice and the keypresses are pretty sure and exact, especially since they're laptop-keys.

Jun 1, 2010 at 7:59 PM Post #107 of 2,079
On the subject of big screens and vintage equipment, my setup a few years ago. Had the monitor since '02, and the keyboard since '04.

I ended up getting a second identical CRT, and going to a double setup. It was a Compaq 22" with a Diamondtron flat screen that did 2048x1536. Got the pair for free from a friend of my dads who was in charge of cleaning out an abandoned office building back in like 2002 that had a couple of them. I had a nice 4096x1536 setup for awhile, but downsized to the 22" LCD for space reasons.

You may remember the black Optonica receiver on the left as being a silent auction item from the first National Head-Fi Meet in NYC a couple years ago.  :D
Powering Infinity Beta 40 speakers I got back when I worked at a Circuit City and got 60% off Infinity.

AKG K340s are here to stay. Love those cans,

Jun 17, 2010 at 12:27 AM Post #110 of 2,079
Has anyone seen this company yet? 

http://www.guru-board.com/

They make ultra-small, frameless mechanical keyboards.  They say they will start production in Q4 of this year!  The best part is their configurator:  you can choose frame color, key color, eraserhead color, language, and select between cherry blues, browns, and reds :) 

Jun 17, 2010 at 11:18 PM Post #112 of 2,079
Microsoft Sidewinder X6

Jun 18, 2010 at 1:50 AM Post #113 of 2,079
Quote:
Has anyone seen this company yet? 

http://www.guru-board.com/

They make ultra-small, frameless mechanical keyboards.  They say they will start production in Q4 of this year!  The best part is their configurator:  you can choose frame color, key color, eraserhead color, language, and select between cherry blues, browns, and reds :) 

I'm not sure I want to know how much those are going to cost >_>'

Jun 19, 2010 at 9:15 AM Post #115 of 2,079

Quote:
On the subject of big screens and vintage equipment, my setup a few years ago. Had the monitor since '02, and the keyboard since '04.

[pic/]

I ended up getting a second identical CRT, and going to a double setup. It was a Compaq 22" with a Diamondtron flat screen that did 2048x1536. Got the pair for free from a friend of my dads who was in charge of cleaning out an abandoned office building back in like 2002 that had a couple of them. I had a nice 4096x1536 setup for awhile, but downsized to the 22" LCD for space reasons.

You may remember the black Optonica receiver on the left as being a silent auction item from the first National Head-Fi Meet in NYC a couple years ago.  :D
Powering Infinity Beta 40 speakers I got back when I worked at a Circuit City and got 60% off Infinity.

AKG K340s are here to stay. Love those cans,

Is that an Ikari I see?

Jun 19, 2010 at 9:17 AM Post #116 of 2,079
In hindsight I really should have gotten a brown cherry with letters on them. Letters because there's zero negatives of having letters of no letters, and brown because they don't make as much sound/take less strength to activate.

Jun 19, 2010 at 9:30 AM Post #117 of 2,079
Filco with Brown Cherries. I really love them, one of my best computer hardware purchases for sure.

On a side note, does anyone know how i can restore that new-keyboard-feeling coating on the keys? I really liked that feeling but after the multiple cleanings, it's gone =\

Jun 19, 2010 at 9:33 AM Post #118 of 2,079
awww the guru-board was cancelled 
frown.gif
 I really missed out my not being geekhack for the last few months. Oh well, I'll just be able to afford a good amp sooner, I guess.

I actually think I would like Blues better, Browns are nice but they also don't give enough tactile feedback, the step between 'pressed' and 'non-pressed' doesn't have enough of a bump... Yet at the same time, I'm too young for Model Ms, I love having it as a collector's item but it just feels too heavy for a 10 page essay or my thesis *shiver*

Jun 19, 2010 at 9:53 AM Post #119 of 2,079
Took off most of the keys on my Das KB to clean it with a vacuum, 2 of the keys were too closed and got sucked in.
Luckily they were the medium sized control/alt type keys, which i can do without, but it looks so ugly with 2 blue switches on the surface.

Let's hope it rains like a mofo tomorrow so I can open the bag of dust and find my keys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back