Keyboard-Fi
Jul 9, 2020 at 6:49 PM Post #1,876 of 2,079
Jul 9, 2020 at 6:59 PM Post #1,877 of 2,079
Do you know how they compare to the "vintage" Cherry MX Black switches?

I had keytester/sampler boards for heaps of switches, I think over 20 of them were different linears.
So my testing of different switches was on keytester/sampler boards with all different switches, one of each which is not ideal.

I only managed to get my hands on one vintage MX Black switch from someone at DT and was disapointed after all the raving about them I heard.
I preferred the Tealios. While some people considered that sacrilege others admitted Tealios where pretty darn good linear switches.

Jul 10, 2020 at 1:51 PM Post #1,878 of 2,079
I ended up with a Ducky Shine 7 and am very happy. Also bought a Nighttypist, but have not tried it yet. bought pre-typed from mechanical keyboards.com too lazy to retype the info, so here is a cut and paste (ironic, if you ask me, that I did not want to retype the brand and model info.....

Also bought a Evoluent Mouse, a Handshoe mouse, and Logitech MX Vertical Master 3 and Ergo Plus. I have all 3 Logitechs conneced wirelessly at the same and can switch betweeen them quite easily. Making the best of the work from home scenario.....

Returned - Like New - Ducky Shine 7 Blackout - MK Exclusive First Release - RGB LED Double Shot PBT Mechanical Keyboard (Cherry MX Brown)
Returned - Very Good - MK Night Typist Warm White LED Backlit, PBT Double Shot keycaps, Type C USB, Programmable, 16 Layout Mechanical Keyboard (Cherry MX Silent Red)

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2020 at 3:42 PM Post #1,880 of 2,079
KUL-ES 87. I wholeheartedly recommend it!! I’m an OSX user and there is a dip switch that basically remaps the Windows/CMD and ALT/OPT keys for you. No need for any other software. This keyboard is really well built. I have the Cherry-MX Brown switches.

The keycaps though was a bit too hard for me, so I swapped them, first with the GMK Skeletor and now with SA Dancer set. Still got mad love for the GMK Skeletor set, just wish there was an OS Mod set for them. My other keyboard, the Varmillo VB87MR is rocking those.

Jul 24, 2020 at 9:15 AM Post #1,881 of 2,079
11282890.jpg

Another DYI 60% mechanical keyboard:
  • Case: Tofu 60% Cyan Aluminum (KBDFans)
  • PCB: HS60v3 (by Yiancar + Mechboards UK)
  • Plate: Universal 60% Brass (Mechboards UK)
  • Switches: Gateron Yellow (lubed with Krytox 205g0)
  • Keycaps: Cherry PBT Black on White (NovelKeys)
  • Stabilizers: Durock PCB screw-in (lubed with Krytox 205g0)
  • Foam: 2mm case foam + 4mm plate foam (MKUltra)

Attachments

• IMG_0289.jpg
    IMG_0289.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Jul 24, 2020 at 10:40 AM Post #1,883 of 2,079
Mind control foam?
The vendor has a "funny" sense of humor, naming his company after a clandestine mind control program. My parcel got checked by both the shipping company (DHL) and Singapore customs lol. He also added a printed 2 page copy of some of the declassified documents. Not sure what to think of it though :wink:

Jul 24, 2020 at 10:42 AM Post #1,884 of 2,079
The vendor has a "funny" sense of humor, naming his company after a clandestine mind control program. My parcel got checked by both the shipping company (DHL) and Singapore customs lol. He also added a printed 2 page copy of some of the declassified documents. Not sure what to think of it though :wink:
Not to mention 2 credit card companies flagged the online payment transaction as suspicious and blocked my cards...

Jul 26, 2020 at 10:43 PM Post #1,886 of 2,079
Does anyone have any recommendations for a wireless keyboard upgrade? I've been using a Filco keyboard with brown switches for some time now. Love the feel of the brown switches (at least for work purposes where I have to touch type quite a bit) but I've been needing to move my keyboard around quite a bit and it would be quite useful to have a wireless keyboard with a similar / better typing experience without the hassle of reaching around and plugging into the docking station every time I moved.

Jul 27, 2020 at 1:09 AM Post #1,887 of 2,079
Does anyone have any recommendations for a wireless keyboard upgrade? I've been using a Filco keyboard with brown switches for some time now. Love the feel of the brown switches (at least for work purposes where I have to touch type quite a bit) but I've been needing to move my keyboard around quite a bit and it would be quite useful to have a wireless keyboard with a similar / better typing experience without the hassle of reaching around and plugging into the docking station every time I moved.

There's the Logitech G915 TKL. You can get it with similar switches.

Jul 27, 2020 at 1:53 AM Post #1,889 of 2,079
Corsair K63 wireless, also a TKL, blue or iceblue leds, MX red switches only though (linear).
More of a standard look and switches vs. the flat look and switches of the G915 TKL.
I have the K63 SE Wireless but have a G915 TKL with clicky’s incoming as well.

By the way, you can usually turn the RGB of or use a static color.
I have a Logitech G Pro where I use static red lighting for the mods and orange for the alphas for example.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back