Keyboard-Fi
Dec 9, 2015 at 8:29 PM Post #1,726 of 2,079
I ended up purchasing the Realforce 88UB 45g. Should arrive by the weekend.

I was torn between the Reaforce and HHKB Pro 2, but the Realforce won out in the end on 1) Conventional arrow keys as my work requires data entry 2) Warranty cover with the store being located in the UK.

I still think the HHKB will be on the horizon should I enjoy the topre keycaps.

----

Das kbs are excellent quality and design. I see they have introduced some nice tenkeyless models since I purchased them a few years ago. May sell the brown S model and look to their cherry mx blues in the future too.

Dec 13, 2015 at 5:14 PM Post #1,727 of 2,079
I've been using this cheap 15$ keyboard for like a year or so now...  Used to spend like 100$ on Logitech keyboards, but haven't done that since my last one breoke.  Would like a ncioe ergonomic keyboard.

The Kinesis Advantage looks good, but I've heard some complaints too...  Gaaah I just want a good keyboard!

I was looking at "KeyMouse" but a lot of people seemed to dislike them when I would show it off...

keymouse.com

Dec 14, 2015 at 7:17 PM Post #1,728 of 2,079
  I've been using this cheap 15$ keyboard for like a year or so now...  Used to spend like 100$ on Logitech keyboards, but haven't done that since my last one breoke.  Would like a ncioe ergonomic keyboard.

The Kinesis Advantage looks good, but I've heard some complaints too...  Gaaah I just want a good keyboard!

I was looking at "KeyMouse" but a lot of people seemed to dislike them when I would show it off...

keymouse.com

Those are some funky looking keyboards - I've never used an ergonomic keyboard... I had a friend who had one which came with his compaq PC about 15 or so years ago... But I can imagine them being very tactile.

----

I've since cancelled my order of the Realforce and went with the HHKB pro 2. After thinking further I decided I really needed to maximise desk space for books when writing my essays. I will just have to get used to its arrow functions - I guess it's good to keep the grey matter working
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 14, 2015 at 8:49 PM Post #1,729 of 2,079

keymouse.com

Some of my coworkers use ergo keyboards. One of them loves his Kinesis Advantage, another uses a Kinesis split keyboard (https://www.kinesis-ergo.com/shop/freestyle2-for-pc-us/) and a couple of them use Microsoft ergo keyboards (https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-us/products/keyboards/natural-ergonomic-keyboard-4000/b2m-00012). I couldn't tell you which ones are the best or not since I've never used them. I would think the MS ergo would have the smallest learning curve.

I've since cancelled my order of the Realforce and went with the HHKB pro 2. After thinking further I decided I really needed to maximise desk space for books when writing my essays. I will just have to get used to its arrow functions - I guess it's good to keep the grey matter working
smily_headphones1.gif

I felt the same way about the arrow keys and other function layer keys on my Poker II (my home/travel keyboard). It doesn't take long to get used to it. For work I compromised with the tenkeyless Novatouch - I don't really use a numpad but I am in a command line for much of my work so having the arrow keys separate works better for me.

Dec 14, 2015 at 9:40 PM Post #1,732 of 2,079
  I felt the same way about the arrow keys and other function layer keys on my Poker II (my home/travel keyboard). It doesn't take long to get used to it. For work I compromised with the tenkeyless Novatouch - I don't really use a numpad but I am in a command line for much of my work so having the arrow keys separate works better for me.

The Poker II is a beauty. What key do you use on your keyboards?

I've tried cherry blacks (steelseries 6GV2) blues (razer blackwidow 2013) and current browns on the das. Blacks were nice for typing more than gaming because its resistance meant that I rarely bottomed out the caps. The Steelseries was a nice kb, understated and solidly built. I did find the blacks fatiguing in long typing sessions. I kept it for a long time though.

Blackwidow was heavy and seemed solidly built, but I never enjoyed the typing experience. I liked the switches, but not the key were quite spaced out, reflecting its primary function of gaming. I do miss its macro keys however - very useful for data entry. But in the end it developed a fault under warranty and I purchased the das with the refund. I instantly liked the brown switches, as well as returning to a less gaudy design.

I'm a Happy Hacker Keyboard Pro user at work. It always confuses my coworkers when they try to use my keyboard. But many love how small it is. :)

I will have an insight to your colleagues' experiences soon enough methinks :)

Dec 14, 2015 at 10:47 PM Post #1,733 of 2,079
  The Poker II is a beauty. What key do you use on your keyboards?

My Poker II uses Cherry MX Clear switches. The Novatouch is Topre 45g. I also have a couple of old KBs (one full sized, one compact) with very clicky SMK Monterey Blue switches, which are my favorite but way too loud for work.

Dec 17, 2015 at 10:02 PM Post #1,736 of 2,079
Oh it will be fun you will see with your colleagues' and the keyboard. At first they do not realize it is a QWERTY layout... then usually it is the backspace key followed by the control key. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back