Keyboard-Fi
Oct 10, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #1,623 of 2,079
This is how I have mine setup. 

I use a program called Sharpkeys that allows me to edit any key to do anything.

So I changed page up/down to volume up and down and then changed home and ins to the page up and down. I made my pause key into mute. If you go with a numpad you can have the enter + and - into volume up, down and mute.

too lazy to grab my camera so this was done with my cellphone

Oct 13, 2014 at 9:34 AM Post #1,625 of 2,079
Pretty happy with how my ergo dox and o2 came out. Just wish I would Have bought the red M4U2 instead of the black one.
7CDv5ic.jpg

Oct 13, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #1,626 of 2,079
Pretty happy with how my ergo dox and o2 came out. Just wish I would Have bought the red M4U2 instead of the black one.
7CDv5ic.jpg

You must have HUGE and STRANGE looking hands.  Visiting from another world?  :wink:

Oct 13, 2014 at 7:23 PM Post #1,627 of 2,079
The full hand red looks sweet!

I was afraid to get full hand when I got my ErgoDox because I heard a lot of people were used to the feel. They certainly look the best though.

Oct 14, 2014 at 7:22 AM Post #1,629 of 2,079
Yeh, the ability to choose what kind of switches I wanted was the biggest reason why I chose the ergo dox. I also happen to like the split design. Used a microsoft keyboard that was split for several years. Does wonders for your touch typing.
Another cool thing with the ergo dox is the ability to change the keyboard layout to whatever you wanted to be, and you can have several layers with different setups that you can change between with the click of a button.

Oct 15, 2014 at 10:30 AM Post #1,630 of 2,079
Another cool thing with the ergo dox is the ability to change the keyboard layout to whatever you wanted to be, and you can have several layers with different setups that you can change between with the click of a button.

So basically I'm free to set up and customize layers for whatever purposes I need? I type in Dvorak so being able to set keys option is great. Being able to set a layer up for individual games and programs would be very handy.

Oct 15, 2014 at 10:57 AM Post #1,631 of 2,079
  So basically I'm free to set up and customize layers for whatever purposes I need? I type in Dvorak so being able to set keys option is great. Being able to set a layer up for individual games and programs would be very handy.

Just download keysharp. It's free and extremely easy to use. It's a little time consuming to setup each key but once its done, it done. You can edit every key into whatever you want. 

Oct 16, 2014 at 12:11 AM Post #1,632 of 2,079
Yes, its all fully modular.

Just download keysharp. It's free and extremely easy to use. It's a little time consuming to setup each key but once its done, it done. You can edit every key into whatever you want. 
you don't need that program, the ergodox is really easy to configure already, just use what it comes with. Hardware > software.

Oct 20, 2014 at 3:58 AM Post #1,635 of 2,079
As someone who's never touched PBT caps before... How much nicer can they really be?

After a few months of deliberation, I'm interested in buying a nice TKL keyboard. Looking at the Corsair K65 RGB, CM Rapid-i or the CM Novatouch, but even that comes with ABS caps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back