Keyboard-Fi
Nov 26, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #1,443 of 2,075
Wait, did someone mix up white and purple??? :confused:

Nov 27, 2013 at 8:27 PM Post #1,445 of 2,075
That's why I was so confused because I was certain the YotD mx red didnt come with white LEDs
Gotcha, I'm still using mah Ducky Shine II MX Blues and White LEDs, I LOVE it!!!! <3

Nov 28, 2013 at 4:23 PM Post #1,446 of 2,075
White LEDs do actually look pretty nice.
Actually started getting used to my topre more now and it's quite nice.
I'd say 35-40g switches would be the sweet spot for me which is disappointing because there aren't any

Dec 3, 2013 at 11:59 AM Post #1,448 of 2,075
  Weapon of choice for now is a Corsair Vengeance K65.. Nice little thing with cherry red switches. I like it, it might stay for longer then 6 months which is unusual for me :p

My brother has this board, it's very solid and looks pretty stylish.  He was influenced by myself 
tongue.gif
 but he loves it so far.

Dec 11, 2013 at 1:36 PM Post #1,449 of 2,075
I switched to using a 19-yr-old Compaq RT101 keyboard that I had sitting around recently, and it's my fave rubberdome board. Sounds epic and feels nice to type on, and is built rather well vs. my Microsoft Natural Elite board. http://www.ebay.com/itm/COMPAQ-COMPUTER-KEYBOARD-RT101-small-ibm-style-plug-grey-/150720445344?pt=PCA_Mice_Trackballs&hash=item2317a37ba0

Basically, it's one of the better rubberdome boards, using this type of dome switch: http://deskthority.net/wiki/NMB_dome_with_slider

It uses black sliders with green domes, but it's the same type of dome switch.

Second fave rubberdome board is the Dell Quietkey, which is also a really nice board, but the RT101 takes it as far as rubberdome boards go. I wanna get a Model M buckling spring keyboard though.

Jan 18, 2014 at 6:43 PM Post #1,450 of 2,075
This thread's been quiet for a while...

(1996 Model M, Logitech G500)

Jan 19, 2014 at 4:26 PM Post #1,454 of 2,075

Thinking of replacing stock keycaps

You can't go wrong with thick PBT, or vintage Cherry doubleshot...check out geekhack.org in their group buy and classifieds forums (or maybe Deskthority.net if you are EU) as you can sometimes find good deals there on new production and vintage sets.  Your layout is standard ANSI so finding replacements should be easy as those are more common.

Jan 19, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #1,455 of 2,075
  You can't go wrong with thick PBT, or vintage Cherry doubleshot...check out geekhack.org in their group buy and classifieds forums (or maybe Deskthority.net if you are EU) as you can sometimes find good deals there on new production and vintage sets.  Your layout is standard ANSI so finding replacements should be easy as those are more common.

http://www.keypop.net/product/pre-order-coffee-set

This is something that ive been looking for but it has been sold out for like 6 months,..

And yeah i switched to ANSI (US layout) and i just use single keybind to switch back to finnish layout to use scandinavian letters.

Programming is a lot more comfortable with US layout anyways
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back