Keyboard-Fi
Feb 12, 2014 at 11:09 AM Post #1,471 of 2,079
Thanks people. So many options. Wish I didn't need the NumPad but I think I do. This keyboard for new workstation where I do a lot of data entry and spread sheets. It kinda comes in bursts though so maybe I could get by most fo the time and switch out during heavy entry times. Head swimming now. Time to earn some money.

Feb 14, 2014 at 7:37 PM Post #1,472 of 2,079
http://www.cmstorm.com/en/products/keyboards/TK_STEALTH/

Does anyone know anything about this keyboard or when it will be available in the US?

I was interested in getting the original QuickFire TK, but I don't particularly like the white LED glow that comes with the Cherry MX brown switches. After a little searching, I came across the combined CM Stealth + TK model that was released at the end of last year in Europe. No sign of it and not really much talk of it here in the US though. Anyone know anything about this? I ask because I'm not quite ready to drop $125+ on it from overseas, but I am ready to try my first mechanical keyboard. I love typing and the sound it makes!

Feb 27, 2014 at 2:18 AM Post #1,475 of 2,079
  Just finished working on my Rosewill RK-9000BR. I replaced the stock keycaps with blank ones from WASD keyboards. Here's a pic:

Looks good! Are the keycaps full stealth or do they have letters on the front facing side?

I'll have something similar when I order the CM Storm TK Stealth from the UK. I contacted the US Cooler Master and was told they will not be stocking the model I want in the US, so I have to order from overseas. Oh well.

Feb 27, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #1,477 of 2,079

Looks good! Are the keycaps full stealth or do they have letters on the front facing side?

I'll have something similar when I order the CM Storm TK Stealth from the UK. I contacted the US Cooler Master and was told they will not be stocking the model I want in the US, so I have to order from overseas. Oh well.

full stealth :p

Feb 27, 2014 at 6:28 PM Post #1,478 of 2,079
  full stealth :p

Nice. I guess that's a good way to force yourself to not look at the keys 
biggrin.gif

Now I just gadda find a UK vendor that won't rip me a new one for shipping on a TK Stealth.

Mar 27, 2014 at 10:33 PM Post #1,479 of 2,079
I can't decide which Cherry switches I want/need. I love the feel of typing on blues, and don't much like the reds. But I play a fair bit of games, and am worried the blues may not be appropriate...

thoughts?

Mar 28, 2014 at 12:38 AM Post #1,480 of 2,079
I have the blues on a tenkey pad and they are fine for that, but I can see that I would hate them for typing or gaming. My gaming keyboard is a Poker in browns. For my non-gaming rig I went for a Topre Leopold and absolutely adore it.

I've tried blacks, blues, and browns, and for gaming the browns win. But for typing, Topre really is lovely.

Apr 3, 2014 at 4:27 AM Post #1,483 of 2,079
If possible, try to aim for clears instead of browns in budget allows. I'm borrowing a switch tester right now and I can confidently say that I like clears by far at every weight (stock, 45g, 55g, 62g, 65g and 67g as well). Topre really isn't that expensive now considering that you get PBT dyesub keycaps when you buy a realforce and Topre feels like the equivalent of lubed MX switches in smoothness, which is time consuming and costs money to replicate on MX switches. 

I'm typing on plate mounted greens right now though, waiting for the CM novatouch to come out. MX clicky isn't bad at all, and the weight of greens really hits the spot for me. It's more satisfying to use than blues. 

Apr 3, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #1,484 of 2,079
dclaz - I've got blues on my keyboard which I use for a lot of gaming, and as long as you're not bottoming out with every keystroke I don't find the noise to be at all bothersome while gaming, especially with headphones on.

Apr 3, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #1,485 of 2,079
  dclaz - I've got blues on my keyboard which I use for a lot of gaming, and as long as you're not bottoming out with every keystroke I don't find the noise to be at all bothersome while gaming, especially with headphones on.

It's not the noise that bothers me, its the release and activation that I hear is troublesome. Harder to do double/triple tap really fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back