Kerry's got a new Co... Eksonic
Jun 1, 2023 at 2:15 PM Post #257 of 299
Hi Roi,

I've had a second death in the family, so I've been a bit out of pocket. I know someone from our Greek office has replied to you :)

I'm sorry for your loss. It's never easy, but I hope it's as easy as is at least possible given the circumstances.

Aug 9, 2023 at 6:51 PM Post #261 of 299
So, so happy. Wish the tubes had arrived too. Ha.

(That delay is on me, not the Eksonic crew — I just haven't had the glass bits arrive yet.)

Thank you, @Kerry and team! The T2 looks absolutely stunning.

IMG_3540.jpeg

Aug 9, 2023 at 7:30 PM Post #262 of 299

(That delay is on me, not the Eksonic crew — I just haven't had the glass bits arrive yet.)

IMG_3540.jpeg
When you have an opportunity, could you measure the length of the umbilical cable?

Aug 10, 2023 at 1:21 AM Post #265 of 299

IMG_3540.jpeg

Congrats man! need more pics!
curious, did you get to choose your serial number? can't be that there are only 18 units out in the wild so far?

Aug 10, 2023 at 2:41 AM Post #267 of 299
curious, did you get to choose your serial number? can't be that there are only 18 units out in the wild so far?
I wouldn't be surprised that there are only 18. Electrostats are super niche, and non-Stax amps are a niche within that niche. On another forum, someone who works for an audio dealer said that at the end of last month, Stax just manufactured their 1000th SR-X9000 - taking a bit under 2 years to reach that mark. So there are less than 1000 X9Ks out there despite basically every audiophile magazine calling it one of the best headphones in the world. T2s are built on demand, take a long time to build, and are summit-tier expensive (in headphone terms). On top of that, Eksonic is a new, small company that doesn't have much mindshare outside of enthusiast communities like Head-Fi. Have they been featured on any audiophile magazines or publications yet? They probably don't have much mindshare (we should work on fixing that problem).

Now there are probably more Kerry T2s out there from before he started the company, but I suspect the Eksonic ones didn't continue the count.

Aug 10, 2023 at 2:51 AM Post #268 of 299
I'd be surprised if there were more.
Eksonic is around for roughly 18 months.

If he needs 4 weeks per amp, that alone would mean that he nonstop worked on T2s.
He also offers the Aeras which requires some of the building time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back