Kerry's got a new Co... Eksonic
Sep 12, 2022 at 6:58 PM Post #151 of 299
Well, just received an update from Kerry. In final testing and should be here by the end of this week.

Really looking forward to hearing it.

image001.jpeg
It is cool to have more choices,
Yet personally speaking, please kindly build me the original:) @Kerry as this 👇Many thanks 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Attachments

• IMG_20220521_221437_132.jpg
    IMG_20220521_221437_132.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Sep 12, 2022 at 7:58 PM Post #152 of 299
It is cool to have more choices,
Yet personally speaking, please kindly build me the original:) @Kerry as this 👇Many thanks 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏
I mean, the only difference is the lettering and placement of the lettering. Same finish. Also will have the black knob, but I sort of like the silver knob/black chrome contrast.

Sep 12, 2022 at 8:01 PM Post #153 of 299
I mean, the only difference is the lettering and placement of the lettering. Same finish. Also will have the black knob, but I sort of like the silver knob/black chrome contrast.
Totally Understood! I have a all black system as well and I see myself as black even I'm Asian, lol.

It is just that original swept me over soooooo much that it is pure art in my eyes. Just personal taste:) Kerry is so cool to do all these custom design!

Sep 12, 2022 at 8:24 PM Post #154 of 299
Totally Understood! I have a all black system as well and I see myself as black even I'm Asian, lol.

It is just that original swept me over soooooo much that it is pure art in my eyes. Just personal taste:) Kerry is so cool to do all these custom design!
Definitely! Both look great :) I'd recommend shooting Kerry an email just to make sure he knows about your build in particular and that you would like the original lettering.

I think he is going to be doing the design mine has, or something similar to it with other T2's going forward, unless asked for something else I presume, but of course, he is the person to ask.

Sep 12, 2022 at 8:32 PM Post #155 of 299
Oh Boy, by far the best looking one yet. That Black front!
I think it looks great also :) : )

That being said, the finish is the black chrome, same as quite a few of the others. My guess is it's just really hard to photograph as its so reflective, and the light is always going to influence how it looks from whatever angle :)

Sep 12, 2022 at 10:50 PM Post #158 of 299
This is the same black chrome finish. I had some black material in front of the amp when I took to picture, so it appears more black.

The face is completely reflective so it's hard to get a picture of the actual color.

The lettering on this one was different, by request.
You are an engineer with an artist at heart!!!!!

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2022 at 3:13 PM Post #159 of 299
Well, it has arrived. Just have it downstairs right now getting warm and doing some initial listening. Will get it up to its final resting place later on. Sounding good so far :thumbsup:

IMG_2304 2.JPG

Sep 16, 2022 at 5:38 PM Post #160 of 299
Well, sorry for the double post. Settling into its new home upstairs. The amount of headroom vs even the BHSE is pretty remarkable. Seems tonally balanced with very good grip over the drivers.

IMG_2307 2.JPG

Sep 18, 2022 at 3:30 PM Post #161 of 299
Hey Guys,

Thought I'd share some initial impressions after doing a bunch of listening yesterday. I'd guess the amp and tubes have about 4-5 days worth of time on them from testing etc..So maybe things will change as I continue to put some hours on it, I'm not sure.

My reference in terms of past experience with electrostatic amps are - HeadAmp BHSE, headinclouds built KGSSHV Carbon, Stax D10, Stax D50, Stax SRM500T, and also the Hifiman Shangri-La JR amp.

So, is the T2 is the best electrostatic amp I have heard? Yes. No question about it.

However, I do have to say, it's not a case of...

"heavens will part, angels will sing, and every e-stat headphone will be transformed into the best
headphones ever!""

I think that through rarity, scarcity of impressions from owners, the DIYT2 has sort of built up a mythical status, and combined with people saying it turns "X" electrostatic into a totally different headphone, that legend has been perpetuated.

That hasn't been my experience so far.

WITH THAT BEING SAID

Yes it is an incredibly good amp. Very natural sounding, powerful, and detailed. Comparing it to the BHSE from memory, there is the tiniest bit more warmth, more control over the drivers, and slightly more detail. Compared to the KGSSHV Carbon built by headinclouds, surprisingly, again more control over the drivers, and again slightly more detail and warmth.

Kerry's version is incredibly well built, looks great, feels awesome. He has been an absolute pleasure to deal with, and was accommodating to various ideas I had for my build. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Eksonic T2. At the same time, if you have a BHSE or similar, and don't want to spend T2 money on a new amp, then you can be assured that you still have a great amp :) : )

Sep 18, 2022 at 6:35 PM Post #162 of 299
Hey Guys,

Thought I'd share some initial impressions after doing a bunch of listening yesterday. I'd guess the amp and tubes have about 4-5 days worth of time on them from testing etc..So maybe things will change as I continue to put some hours on it, I'm not sure.

Nice impressions, thank you for sharing. I too heard Kerry's amps at CanJam (NYC), and while I haven't yet placed an order my few minutes with his amps there definitely put him on my "five year plan". What his T2 & Aeras did with the CRBN & x9000 was nothing short of mind-blowing.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2022 at 10:19 PM Post #163 of 299
Many thanks to @Kerry for sending me the picture of my T2 in the testing! Looking forward to comprehensively enjoying and reviewing it 😃⏩

Especially I am also keen on exploring the following aspects as they are rarely mentioned or discussed. Any input and sharing will be very valuable and largely appreciated!

1. Anyone tried it with ShangriLa SR? How is the synergy? Does the high extension of ShangriLa SR sound fatiguing with T2?

2, What PC cables and XLR cables do you use on your T2?

3, Any owners noticed any sonic difference between stacking them together vs placing them seperately on the audio rack, affected by variances as temperature or isolation, etc. ( for my other gears I heard noticable difference brought up by higher quality audio racks, and even crazy night and day difference caused by some isolation board.)
image001.png

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2022 at 11:52 PM Post #164 of 299
Last edited:
Oct 5, 2022 at 8:15 AM Post #165 of 299
Assuming you haven’t already found one of the least appropriately-named threads on headfi…

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/qui...9-sennheiser-he60-baby-orpheus.930051/page-30

Lots of fantastic stuff there from a bunch of generous sharers.

“Quick” 😂

(Congrats on the Kerry T2. Hoping mine comes to live with me soon!)
Yes amazing thread and probably the best in Electrostatic so far and thank you for sharing but haven't seen the topics I mentioned even for first one as I am curious about the specific sonic analysis of various frequency, as highs, lows, and etc. especially for the case of ShangriLa SR which could easily sound overly bright due to the specific setup even to traditional Electrostatic lovers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back