Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Jul 11, 2019 at 4:41 AM Post #2,268 of 10,023
Hi all.

Personally, I prefer the Thror headphones in natural (unstabilized) Karelian birch, more natural and romantic...

karelian-birch.jpg

karelian-birch(2).jpg

https://karelianheritage.com/shungite-blog/royal-tree-or-another-gift-of-northern-nature

Otherwise, comment: on the French forum (*) where it was necessary to characterize by a photograph the temperament of the Odin and the Thror: I found these two photographs (below): The first, in color, from the French Opera of Bizet, Carmen, showing the fiery temper of the Odin.
The second photo, in black and white, from the beautiful movie "The Doctor Jivago" with Lara (Larissa) (Julie Christie) and the Dr. Jivago (Omar Sharif) showing the temperament much more introverted of the Thror (compared to the Odin), but also very strong, not devoid of passion (note: everything is in the eyes (and the music), in the movie).

19070909584323553816305347.jpg

Carmen from Bizet's opera Carmen.

19070909584323553816305348.jpg

Lara (Larissa) from the movie "Doctor Jivago"

(*) original link : https://musique-o-casque.com/viewtopic.php?p=2883#p2883

I like both, but my preference is ultimately for the second picture (and the Thror headphones). :)

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2019 at 11:35 AM Post #2,269 of 10,023
By the way, I noticed that there's not much, if at all, information about "Odin Thridi". Any word about this? Especially if comparing to original Odin and Odin Mk2 (not official name, but, well, we all know about this). I might get one later this year, just for sake of completing my collection.

Jul 11, 2019 at 12:40 PM Post #2,270 of 10,023
By the way, I noticed that there's not much, if at all, information about "Odin Thridi". Any word about this? Especially if comparing to original Odin and Odin Mk2 (not official name, but, well, we all know about this). I might get one later this year, just for sake of completing my collection.

Hi Dave.

The Thridi is 100g lighter than the Odin (and the Thror 200g lighter than the Odin).
The Thridi shares the same metal frame as the Odin (that of the Thror is carbon fiber), but it has lightweight external grids made of composite material (unlike the Odin).

Here are (below) the compared curves of FR of the Odin, the Odin Thridi and the Thror.

19071106321223553816308477.jpg

The sound of the Thridi is much closer to that of the Odin (than that of Thror), as well as its dynamics, but it is more dull (less bright) in the high than the Odin and, to a lesser extent, than the Thror.

Jul 11, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #2,272 of 10,023
For me, Thridi is not closer to Odin than Thror, he is even a little closer to Thror.

Here is my review about Odin, Thror and Thridi (you can use Google translate) :
https://musique-o-casque.com/viewto...or&sid=f45e9ea740bb2eb96798b77eb3a15c4f#p1518

Thridi's speed and distortion are closer to Thror than to Odin.
Thridi's tone and dynamics are closer to Odin than Thror.
Finally, the sensitivity of the Thridi is the same as that of Odin (104 dB / mW), both higher by 4 dB than the Thror's sensitivity (100 dB / mW).

Jul 13, 2019 at 2:21 PM Post #2,274 of 10,023
I wonder if anyone has found any upgrades for a more comfortable headband than my Odin had. I ended up with new cups upgraded to Thridi, but retain my older thinner Odin Mk 2 headband.

Jul 14, 2019 at 5:53 AM Post #2,275 of 10,023
Hi all.

Some comments of the m 12s, Magni and Thror headphones, on the Russian Forum:

Original text (in russian)

Побывал в офисе kennerton-Fischer audio. Послушал всю линейку накладных kennerton(ов),а так же пообщался с Павлом (Mr-hatred) - ну очень душевный человек оказался. Наибольшее внимание привлекли три модели,о них немного напишу. Слушал классику, на дисках через коаксиал - myst ocu1794.

1)m 12s Очень лёгкие,удобные,кожанные амбушюры просто фантастика (это кстати у всех моделей. Видно,что над амбушками потрудились потрудились). Звук ,почти мониторный, можно наверное всё ,,Кольцо нибелунга,, прослушать и не устать. Скажу так,если вам нравится подача akg712,но не хватает живости и музыкальности - m 12s для вас.

2)Magni. Это очень интересная новинка. Сцена очень широкая, в глубину не так хорошо (тут можно поиграться с проводами), НО! всё звучит очень слитно,отличное позиционирование инструментов, разделение по планам, музыкальность. Очень напомнили изодинамику. Из динамических , однозначно лучшее,что я слушал(hd800, fostex 900,pioneer monitor5,onkyo a800 ). Были мои фавориты,пока не услышал Thror.

3)Thror. НУ, тут и писать собственно не о чем. Для меня ,на классической музыке,лучшего возможно и нет. Ширина,глубина,обертона, натуральность инструментов и т.д. и т.п. , всё на высшем уровне. Плюс на голове их почти не ощущаешь. Эх,спонсора бы мне!
В завершении хочу написать,что долго слушал музыку через напольники, и долго искал наушники,подачей сцены похожей на колонки. За всё время, обнаружил только три модели - это электростаты одного российского умельца из Ялты, а также Magni, и Thror. Конечно,моё мнение и ощущения могут не совпасть с другими.

http://player.ru/showthread.php?t=44540&page=1177&p=2836273&viewfull=1#post2836273

and after google translate:

I visited the office kennerton-Fischer audio. I listened to the whole line of overhead kennerton (s), and also talked to Paul (Mr-hatred) - well, a very emotional person turned out to be. Three models attracted the most attention, I’ll write about them a little. I listened to classics, on disks through a coaxial - myst ocu1794.

1) m 12s Very light, comfortable, leather ear cushions are fantastic (by the way, this is the case with all models. It’s obvious that they worked hard at the cushions). Sound, almost monitor, you can probably all ,, Nibelung ring ,, listen and not get tired. I will say this if you like the akg712 submission, but not enough liveliness and musicality - m 12s for you.

2) Magni. This is a very interesting novelty. The scene is very wide, the depth is not so good (here you can play around with the wires), BUT! everything sounds very intertwined, excellent positioning of tools, separation according to plans, musicality. Very reminded of isodynamics. From the dynamic, definitely the best I've heard (hd800, fostex 900, pioneer monitor5, onkyo a800). There were my favorites until I heard Thror.

3) Thror. Well, there's nothing to write about. For me, on classical music, the best is possible and not. Width, depth, overtone, naturalness of instruments, etc. etc. , all at the highest level. Plus, you almost don't feel them on your head. Oh, the sponsor would be me!
In conclusion, I want to write that I have been listening to music through napoliki for a long time, and I have been looking for headphones for a long time, giving a scene similar to speakers. For all the time, I found only three models - these are the electrostats of one Russian craftsman from Yalta, as well as Magni, and Thror. Of course, my opinion and feelings may not coincide with others.

Jul 15, 2019 at 4:51 AM Post #2,276 of 10,023
Hi all,

To continue my research on Russian foras.

Thror or Abyss, a question of cost and taste!

Original text (in russian)

Снова послушал Kennerton Tror, но уже неспешно в своей системе и в прямом сравнением с Abyss.

Перед прослушиванием, пару раз посещали крамольные мысли, "а вдруг Троры все же зацепят сильнее Эбисов?", но сразу скажу, что чуда не произошло и сравнивая обе пары лоб-в-лоб, можно с уверенностью сказать, что Троры по всем параметрам все же уступают Abyss, хотя в целом, и имеют очень высокий технический уровень.
Но здесь хочется акцентировать внимание, может и на простом, но очень важном уточнении. Сравнивая различные компоненты между собой и описывая свои впечатления об их звучании, очень многое зависит от того, как проводилось прослушивание, самодостаточно, без сравнения с оппонентами (или в сравнении "по памяти"), или же именно в прямом сравнении, причем, здесь также есть вариации - с нижестоящими, равноценными или вышестоящими компонентами. В результате чего, акценты в описании и общие выводы о сравнении могут достаточно сильно смещаться в ту или иную сторону. Точка зрения зависит от того, с какой стороны на нее посмотреть...
У Троров был достаточно серьезный соперник, который явно выше в звуке по своим параметрам и аспектам, тем не менее, это совсем не говорит о заниженном уровне самих Троров и их позиционировании в линейке топов.

Тракт - Marantz CD-23F, Dodson 217, Beta22/лампа от Виктора. CD-диски - рок, металл, прогрессив.

Внешний вид и эргономика: внешне Троры от Одинов мало чем отличаются - меньше по весу на 200 грамм, более мягкое оголовье и амбушюры, рисунок в виде буквы Т на декоративных решетках. Подгон и юстировка амбушюр на голове осталась прежней. Но вот даже после качественной подгонки под свою голову, нет ощущения полного комфорта, связано это с тем, что амбушюры Троров достаточно плотно облегают уши как панцирь (хотя при этом совсем не давят на уши). У Abyss же все более просторно (хотя также плотное прилегание, без зазоров). В общем, то ли дело в привычке именно к Abyss, то ли особенности головы, но лично для меня, Abyss немного более комфортны по посадке. Хотя для многих, наверное будет как раз наоборот.

Подача: По своей подаче Троры более прямые нежели Abyss, с нейтрально-холодноватым оттенком звука (хотя иногда теплинка тонкой канвой проскальзывает и не раз), чуть приземленные и немного отстраненные, в них нет той филигранности, объемности и наполненности звучания, присущей Abyss. С одной стороны, присутствует слабоуловимая общая разреженность звучания (как бы меньшая плотность звука), связанная с передачей немного меньшего количества мельчайших деталей (но совсем не критично, и почти что и не заметно), но с другой, Троры так замечательно аппроксимируют отсутствие этих мелких деталей, что итоговое звуковое полотно звучит очень слитно, четко и мелодично, разрешающая способность очень хорошая, нет никакой кашеобразности при передаче быстрого и сложного материала.
Также у Троров, по сравнению с Abyss чуть меньше драйва и "мясистости" в звуке, хотя панч и атака вполне на уровне, меньше полутонов и градаций звучания и немного обрезанные послезвучия. Троры явно светлее первых Одинов, но темнее Abyss, хотя именно темными их назвать нельзя. Локализация в пространстве и разделение инструментов на достаточно высоком уровне, но чуть ниже, нежели у Abyss.

Сцена: Сцена у Tror почти что равномерна по размерам (в глубину и ширину) и меньше по объему, наполненности и слоистости. Это совсем не критично, если слушать Троры самостоятельно, но на контрасте с Abyss явно заметно. Локализация в пространстве также слабее очерчена. Можно сказать, что сцена у Abyss идет как бы "наружу", а у Троров - сосредоточена больше вокруг пользователя.

Скорость: По скорости сложно сказать, кто лучше, почти что и одинаково, хотя динамика "более подвижная" все же у Tror, у Abyss, как бы чуть с замедлением чувствуется отработка нарастаний и спадов. Ну или может мне так показалось.

Вокал: У Троров вокал ощущается чуть менее тембрально выразительным, более прямым и немного выдается вперед, но вполне чистый, натуральный и естественный.

НЧ диапазон: НЧ составляющая по своей выделенности больше ощущается у Tror (особенно глубже на мид-басе), собраннее и полновеснее, это очень импонирует, но с другой стороны, по сравнению с Abyss она чуть прямее по своей подаче и идет одним общим полотном. У Abyss более правильно, филигранно, в нужных местах и с нужной подачей, с нарастаниями и спадами, а также, немного более плотно и структурировано.

СЧ диапазон: У Abyss более теплая середина, более наполненная и протяженная, у Трор - более нейтральная и холодная, без какого либо окраса, с темноватым оттенком, но с другой стороны средние частоты Троров звучат более достовернее и "честнее", нежели Abyss.

ВЧ диапазон: ВЧ диапазон чистый, без резкости, с небольшим затемнением, у Abyss - более звонкий и чуток ярковат.

Жанровая универсальность: Обе пары без проблем отыгрывают большинство направлений рока и их составляющих. Разница в подаче конечно играет свою роль, но здесь, кому что нравится. Мне в Abyss больше импонирует прогрессив, в Трор - дум и готика. Хеви-металл и арт-хард-рок обе пары отыгрывают на ура, джаз и инструментал - наверное Эбисы. Но здесь все слишком субъективно, чтобы говорить однозначно.

Музыкальность: Субъективная конечно характеристика, показывающая общее удовлетворение звучанием конкретной аудиосистемы и ее звуком в целом, когда общее восприятие музыки приятно для уха. Также многое зависит от конкретных исполнителей и от настроения в момент прослушивания. Здесь наверное Троры опять не будут впереди за счет своей холодновато-отстраненной подачи. Abyss более тепло звучат. Но вот если говорить о натуральности и достоверности звука, то здесь именно подача Троров является более честной.

Усилители: Троры более синергичны с лампой, нежели с транзистором. На усилителе от Виктора, звук Троров более темный, брутальный, с хорошим панчем и задористостью. В этом плане, темная лампа хорошо нивелирует немного отстраненную холодность Троров, придает тепловатый оттенок и более интересную проработку НЧ и СЧ диапазона и в целом наушники звучат более музыкально.

Выводы:
Тем, кому полностью нравится звук и подача исключительно Abyss и есть стойкое желание приобрести именно их, Tror вряд ли подойдут и будут выглядеть блекло на фоне Бездны.
Но для тех, кому близка именно подача Abyss и при этом не против варианта попроще и подешевле, Tror наверняка заинтересуют.
Также к преимуществам Tror стоит отнести как намного меньшую требовательность к усилению для их полного раскрытия, так и честную российскую 3-х летнюю гарантию и без проблемный сервис, ну и стоимость в 2 раза ниже оппонента также играет свою немаловажную роль.
А вот если по душе брутальная, темная, вязкая, магическая подача LCD-2/3 или первых Одинов, то здесь уже лучше смотреть в сторону именно Kennerton Tridi, которые по техничности не сильно уступают Трорам, но сохраняют архетип, заданный первыми Одинами.

Еще немаловажный момент, слушая только Tror в течении достаточно продолжительного времени, и не вспоминая об Abyss, все впечатления на контрасте между наушниками, сглаживаются, и уже воспринимаются более органично и если не брать в рассмотрение Abyss, то можно сказать, что Троры очень и очень достойные наушники и даже на фоне такого монстра как Abyss, являются достойным соперником.

http://forum.doctorhead.ru/index.ph...ec234ca8&showtopic=34229&st=1225#entry1089184

and after google translate:

I listened to the Kennerton Tror again, but slowly in my system and in direct comparison with Abyss.

Before listening, they visited seditious thoughts a couple of times, “but what if Trorus is still hooked stronger than the Ebises?”, But I’ll say right away that the miracle did not happen and comparing both pairs of forehead-to-forehead, we can confidently say that Tory in all respects are all Abyss is inferior, although in general, and have a very high technical level.
But here I want to focus attention, maybe on a simple, but very important clarification. Comparing the various components with each other and describing their impressions of their sound, a lot depends on how the audition was conducted, self-sufficient, without comparison with opponents (or comparing "from memory"), or just in direct comparison, and here also There are variations - with downstream, equivalent or superior components. As a result, the accents in the description and general conclusions about the comparison can be shifted quite strongly in one direction or another. The point of view depends on which side to look at it ...
Trorov had a rather serious contender, which is clearly higher in sound in terms of its parameters and aspects, however, this doesn’t mean the Trovs themselves are too low and positioned in the top line.

Tract - Marantz CD-23F, Dodson 217, Beta22 / lamp from Victor. CDs - rock, metal, progressive.

Appearance and ergonomics: Externally, the Trors are not much different from Odins - they are 200 g less in weight, softer headband and ear cushions, T-shaped pattern on decorative grilles. Adjustment and adjustment of the cushions on the head remained the same. But even after a high-quality fit under his head, there is no feeling of complete comfort, this is due to the fact that the Trout cushions fit their ears quite tightly like a shell (although they do not put pressure on their ears at all). In Abyss, however, it is more spacious (although it also has a snug fit, without gaps). In general, whether it is the habit of Abyss, or especially the head, but for me personally, Abyss is a bit more comfortable in landing. Although for many, probably it will be just the opposite.

Submission: The Trorus is more direct than Abyss in its supply, with a neutral-cool tone of sound (although sometimes a warm surface with a thin canvas slips more than once), slightly mundane and a little detached, they do not have that filigree, volume and fullness of sound inherent in Abyss. On the one hand, there is a weakly perceptible overall rarefaction of the sound (as if a smaller sound density) associated with the transfer of a slightly smaller number of the smallest details (but not at all critical, and almost not noticeable), but on the other, the Trors so remarkably approximate the absence of these small details that the final sound canvas sounds very consistently, clearly and melodiously, the resolution is very good, there is no obscuration when transferring fast and complex material.
Also, Trorov, in comparison with Abyss, has a little less drive and "fleshy" in sound, although the punch and attack is quite on the level, there are fewer halftones and gradations of sound and a little cut off aftertaste. The trors are clearly lighter than the first Odins, but darker than Abyss, although it is impossible to call them dark. Localization in space and the separation of tools at a high enough level, but slightly lower than that of Abyss.

Scene: Tror's scene is almost uniform in size (in depth and width) and smaller in volume, fullness and layering. This is not critical at all if you listen to the Trors on your own, but in contrast with Abyss it is clearly noticeable. Localization in space is also less defined. It can be said that the scene at Abyss goes “outwardly”, while at Tréors it is more concentrated around the user.

Speed: It is difficult to tell by speed who is better, almost the same, although the dynamics are more mobile in Tror, in Abyss, as if with a slowdown, the development of rises and falls is felt. Well, or maybe I thought so.

Vocals: Trorov's vocals feel a little less timbre expressive, more direct and slightly protruding, but quite pure, natural and natural.

LF range: LF component is more pronounced in Tror (especially deeper in the mid-bass), more collected and fuller, it is very appealing, but on the other hand, compared to Abyss, it is a little straighter in its supply and goes in one common canvas. In Abyss, more correctly, delicately, in the right places and with the necessary flow, with increases and decreases, and also, a little more densely and structured.

MF range: The Abyss is warmer in the middle, more filled and extended, in the Tror - more neutral and cold, without any color, with a darkish tint, but on the other hand, the average frequencies of the Trors sound more reliable and "more honest" than Abyss.

HF range: HF range is clean, without sharpness, with a slight dimming, the Abyss - more sonorous and slightly bright.

Genre versatility: Both couples play most of the rock styles and their components without any problems. The difference in the flow of course plays a role, but here, who likes what. In Abyss I am more impressed by progressive, in Tror - dum and gothic. Heavy metal and art-hard rock both couples play with a bang, jazz and instrumental - probably Ebis. But here everything is too subjective to speak unequivocally.

Musicality: A subjective characteristic of course, showing the general satisfaction with the sound of a particular audio system and its sound as a whole, when the general perception of music is pleasant to the ear. Also, much depends on the specific performers and on the mood at the time of listening. Here, probably, the Thors will again not be ahead due to their chilly-aloof filing. Abyss more warm sound. But if we talk about the naturalness and authenticity of the sound, then it is precisely the presentation of the Thors that is more honest.

Amplifiers: Thors are more synergistic with a lamp than with a transistor. On the amplifier from Victor, the sound of the Trors is darker, brutal, with a good punch and agility. In this regard, the dark lamp is good at leveling the slightly distant coldness of the Trors, gives a lukewarm hue and more interesting elaboration of the LF and MF range and overall the headphones sound more musical.

Findings:
For those who completely like the sound and feed exclusively Abyss and have a strong desire to buy them, Tror will hardly fit and will look faded against the background of the Abyss.
But for those to whom the Abyss feed is close and at the same time not opposed to the simpler and cheaper option, the Tror will certainly be interesting.
Also, the advantages of Tror include the much less demanding of amplification for their full disclosure, and the honest Russian 3-year warranty and no problem service, and the cost is 2 times lower than the opponent also plays its important role.
But if you like the brutal, dark, viscous, magical flow of LCD-2/3 or the first Odins, then here it is better to look in the direction of the Kennerton Tridi, which by technicality are not much inferior to Trora but retain the archetype given by the first Odins.

Another important point, listening only to Tror for quite a long time, and not thinking about Abyss, all impressions on the contrast between the headphones, smoothed out, and are already perceived more organically, and if you do not take into consideration Abyss, then we can say that Tory is very, very decent headphones and even against the backdrop of such a monster as Abyss, are a worthy opponent.

Jul 27, 2019 at 5:31 AM Post #2,278 of 10,023
Hello everyone,

A comment (in Russian) without complacency for the Kennerton Thror.
http://ozvuke.pro/index.php?showtopic=2686

Weakness: would require a little more level in the bass (LF); a small peak in the treble (HF), but less pronounced than that of the Kennerton Odin.

Strong point: an excellent medium (MF)

Note: to get more bass, choose a amp a little round in the bass (tube amp?); above all, increase the listening level (which increases the sensitivity of the ear at low frequencies).
For treble (small peak), older people (over 40 years :beyersmile:) will be less sensitive than younger people ...

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2019 at 3:45 AM Post #2,280 of 10,023
Hi all.

Kennerton Magni ordered in France (at Pierre's) :)

It remains to be seen in which species of wood (still available).

Otherwise: Magni is the son of Thor (and not Thror, one of the aliases of the Nordic god Odin).

Magni is translate to "Mighty" ie possessing great and impressive power or strength, especially on account of size.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Móði_and_Magni

Users who are viewing this thread

Back