Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Apr 25, 2024 at 6:34 PM Post #10,021 of 10,033
Has anyone by chance had an opportunity to compare Thror vs Thekk? I read that they may use the same driver but tuned different? Does it make sense to try Thekk if I already have a Thror? (I also have Wodan and LSA Diamond). I have a desire to try all the models if possible but don’t want to end up with models that may sound too similar or the same.

Apr 26, 2024 at 11:53 AM Post #10,023 of 10,033
Wow the Vinneta and Arkona both look amazing. Definitely want to try this one.. I wonder when they will be up for sale. Never heard of paper being used as a diaphragm before now.
Paper has been used on dynamic drivers for decades as it is relatively stiff and lightweight and gives good pistonic motion. I agree that I have never heard of its use in planar magnetic drivers. Should be interesting.

May 8, 2024 at 8:25 AM Post #10,024 of 10,033
There's no point, unless your amps performs way worse on the single ended outputs in terms of distortion.
Thre Magnis are of the easier headphones to drive out there.
I kind of forgot I already had a cable for focal elear? But I already ordered another cable I got today. There is different type of 3.5 connectors does it matter which you use. some have two rings others three. Yesterday on my v222 I got electrical shocks lol. But the connectors on the magni is kind of loose and doesn´t feel so inspiring... The new cable I run now on my master19 :)

May 8, 2024 at 3:11 PM Post #10,025 of 10,033
Has anyone by chance had an opportunity to compare Thror vs Thekk? I read that they may use the same driver but tuned different? Does it make sense to try Thekk if I already have a Thror? (I also have Wodan and LSA Diamond). I have a desire to try all the models if possible but don’t want to end up with models that may sound too similar or the same.
Thekk are similar to Rognir, but not as good. I auditioned them at home and compared. I've never tried Thror.

May 8, 2024 at 3:20 PM Post #10,026 of 10,033
New 105mm Velor pads up on the Russian website: https://kennerton.pro/shop/eadpads/ecl-03vl/
"Provide a very comfortable fit and excellent sealing. In general, the sound of headphones with these ear pads can be described as deeper and more fun, more focused on the lower frequency range with very smooth transitions, without peaks or accents."

For Vali v.2, Odin, Thridi, Vali Neoteric, Thekk, Wodan, Thekk, Rognir, Rognir Dynamic, Thror.

1715195987108.png

Last edited:
May 13, 2024 at 9:36 AM Post #10,030 of 10,033
I talked previously about a tape mod on the thror to improve bass. I just found out that some Kennerton drivers require a certain amount of air internally for proper operation. Use any mods or non perforated ear pads at your own risk and ideally consult with Kennerton prior to doing so to make sure the drivers on your specific model will work with it and not take any risks of stretching the membranes or damaging your drivers.

May 13, 2024 at 11:07 AM Post #10,032 of 10,033
Thanks.

----------------------------------------------

By the way, another question for Kennerton owners, how are your headbands holding up? I'm aware they share the same headband with cheap gaming headphones, that's why I'm asking
No problem on mine but I am nice to them. I dont like the 3.5 connection. Get quite loose quick. Sure safer if you step on the table if you use them for vr or something.

May 13, 2024 at 6:46 PM Post #10,033 of 10,033
Thanks.

----------------------------------------------

By the way, another question for Kennerton owners, how are your headbands holding up? I'm aware they share the same headband with cheap gaming headphones, that's why I'm asking
They’re holding up great. I assume you’re talking about the self adjustable style. I have a Wodan, LSA hp1 and LSA diamond.. all straps look like they’re virtually new. They use real animal hide so they don’t flake like protein leather for example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back