Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Jan 15, 2024 at 6:11 PM Post #9,751 of 10,023
Jan 16, 2024 at 2:50 AM Post #9,752 of 10,023
Anyone try zmr perforated pads on kennerton vali new headband style?
The stock one not have enough bass for me and buy from kennerton is very expensive because of war...i don t knows which zmf pads will make them more bassy warm sound....universe, eikon, ori perforated which of them is in general more warm sounding which denser foam and less smaller holes in the leather i m interesed for lambskin perforated?

Zmf nor zmr sorry

Jan 16, 2024 at 3:14 AM Post #9,753 of 10,023
Yup that's the newest current version Neoteric based on the wood cup design but somehow it has the older non MF pads and no leatherette headband cover despite the newer model....
Could it be the version between my Vali bought on august 2021 and the Neoteric ? New headband like my Vali but a diifferent driver and mini xlr back but no leatherette headband yet.

I'm not sure at all but graphene driver is something I remember...before Neoteric version and after my version.

Jan 16, 2024 at 3:42 AM Post #9,754 of 10,023
This is Neoteric as well. No differences in the driver other than cosmetical differences from the newest version. If there are mini xlr connectors, it is definitely the Neoteric version

1705394452075.png

Jan 16, 2024 at 4:27 AM Post #9,755 of 10,023
This is Neoteric as well. No differences in the driver other than cosmetical differences from the newest version. If there are mini xlr connectors, it is definitely the Neoteric version

1705394452075.png
Ok...I thought there were a different version between mine and the Neoteric...I'm not the only one who were lost by the different versions of Vali 😅

Jan 16, 2024 at 7:28 AM Post #9,757 of 10,023
That bad? I've heard they are supposed to be great for Metal.
They do not isolate almost at all (even closed-back version), the pads are too thin and mesh would touch ears of most people, the sound to my taste is quite good and balanced, but lacks dynamics to some extent.
They are not completely overly damped like DCA Stealth but still lacks in this dimension in comparison to Rognir.
Also highs could be tiresome if you are sensitive to the treble region.

Jan 16, 2024 at 9:09 AM Post #9,758 of 10,023
I'm not the only one who were lost by the different versions of Vali
It's okay, not a lot of people know about it.
There are still many people in Russia who do not even know about the Kennerton brand itself

That bad?
Headphones: LCD-X 2021 | D8000 Pro | Rognir | Heartland

Yes, it's a useless item in your collection.

Jan 16, 2024 at 9:19 AM Post #9,759 of 10,023
That bad? I've heard they are supposed to be great for Metal.
I sold the TH900 almost as soon as I received Rognir planar. They look great, but for metal, they're awful if you ask me. I could only see them having value for EDM, ambient, soundtracks. Otherwise, hard pass.

3 years on from owning Rognir planar, I've yet to find a headphone that outperforms them or which I prefer, which is one reason I'm less active on Head-Fi these days. No great desire to search for new gear.

Jan 16, 2024 at 9:51 AM Post #9,760 of 10,023
The Stealth???! I've never had a headphone I bought and sold faster than that one - I couldn't hear any bass at all with it and I hated the sound. I liked the TH900 for bass alone, but the treble was peaky.

Have you gone the Audeze LCD route? I think I would describe anything beyond the LCD-4 as contenders in that category. In the Kennertons, I've only heard the Rognir, Rognir Planar, GH40. The Rognir is outstanding.

As you have probably already figured out from my response and the response from fullbass, this hobby is pretty subjective.

Jan 16, 2024 at 4:59 PM Post #9,761 of 10,023
The Stealth???! I've never had a headphone I bought and sold faster than that one - I couldn't hear any bass at all with it and I hated the sound. I liked the TH900 for bass alone, but the treble was peaky.

Have you gone the Audeze LCD route? I think I would describe anything beyond the LCD-4 as contenders in that category. In the Kennertons, I've only heard the Rognir, Rognir Planar, GH40. The Rognir is outstanding.

As you have probably already figured out from my response and the response from fullbass, this hobby is pretty subjective.
Yeah I heard it at CanJam NYC and wanted to love it and still want to love it. On paper and reviews it sounds so good. But sometimes marketing influences expectations and then expectations meet reality :frowning2:

Jan 16, 2024 at 5:19 PM Post #9,762 of 10,023
I listened to Stealth as well and didn't like them. But as far as I know from audiophiles I know, Stealth are really very good closed back headphones (because you don't have a lot of high-end closed back headphones to choose from), but they require a high-end system. I listened to these headphones in the showroom on the Violectric v590 and that device is clearly very dry and boring for them.

Rognir -- very fun headphones. They're a lot of fun, but I wouldn't call them well-balanced headphones for their price. Although I really enjoy listening to classic rock, blues, jazz, and vocals in them with the ECL-01 MF ear cushions. But these are not the headphones I would use as my main headphones. They are secondary headphones for me.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2024 at 12:19 AM Post #9,763 of 10,023
Has anyone here owned\own a Fostex TH900
I had TH900 headphones. I remember them as quite good in sound, but in direct comparison with DC AEON2 Noir, they lost the sound competition immediately and forever.
And Kennerton's planars are one step better in sound than DC AEON2 Noir.

Jan 17, 2024 at 10:52 AM Post #9,764 of 10,023
Does anyone tried ECL O2 MF pads on Thekk ?

Jan 17, 2024 at 12:37 PM Post #9,765 of 10,023
Anyone in the Market for a Thror? Seems like a good price.

1705512982525.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back