Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Dec 12, 2023 at 5:42 PM Post #9,691 of 10,023
I'm considering getting a better cable for my HLP, as Kennerton supplied it with their cheap cable.
What do you fellow Kennerton owner say? does Kennerton sound scale with better cables, or should I just get something basic that I conformable?
I just use good cables made by a guy in spain who has an ebay store. For about 90 bucks he makes very high quality cables, rean XLRs and neutrik plug. Goes by the name of "Verde Laurel" https://www.ebay.it/usr/verdelaurel
He's a great guy, fast answers on ebay, perfect score, ships fast and is very dedicated to making artisanal high end cables at a price that, i think, is REALLY competitive. And looks good on my kennertons

Dec 12, 2023 at 6:12 PM Post #9,692 of 10,023
Not sure about other Kennerton models, but using some Synergistic Research Foundation cables on my Gjallarhorn GH50 JM Edition Mark 2 and Rognir Planar phones made an easily recognizable audible difference, for the better in most aspects.

Dec 12, 2023 at 8:39 PM Post #9,693 of 10,023
I'm considering getting a better cable for my HLP, as Kennerton supplied it with their cheap cable.
What do you fellow Kennerton owner say? does Kennerton sound scale with better cables, or should I just get something basic that I conformable?
I see you own the Rognir...doesn't it already comes with the upgraded cable from Kennerton?
Should be same standard mini XLR connectors for most Kennerton models besides the lower/portable ones.

Dec 14, 2023 at 3:11 AM Post #9,694 of 10,023
Curious...does anyone know if Kennerton is still do business internationally?
I've checked FB official page and it hasn't been updated in a while since May with the announcement of Wodan Neoteric and the official website does not update with newer models?

Dec 16, 2023 at 10:04 AM Post #9,695 of 10,023
Curious...does anyone know if Kennerton is still do business internationally?
I've checked FB official page and it hasn't been updated in a while since May with the announcement of Wodan Neoteric and the official website does not update with newer models?
They have a dealer in Germany, Oleg Lohnes. There's still a dealer (k55.ch) that sells Kennerton models without warranty in Switzerland as well, if I didn't already have the GH50 I would've inquired which GH50 model they sell because it's so cheap there.

Dec 23, 2023 at 1:45 AM Post #9,697 of 10,023
Yeah, it is worth it. Give me your impressions. I will also try the other ones but now my ears have to accommodate to the new sound. I thint it will be interesting to try the thicker pads as the stock ones from Kennerton are much smaller. The non perforate ones should give the most bassy sound i think.
I did end up trying the the solid ZMF Universal pads. You are right they add a lot of bass to the Thror. Bass I didn't know the Thror could have. So that is pretty interesting. I haven't had a chance to really listen to them.

Dec 23, 2023 at 5:50 AM Post #9,698 of 10,023
I did end up trying the the solid ZMF Universal pads. You are right they add a lot of bass to the Thror. Bass I didn't know the Thror could have. So that is pretty interesting. I haven't had a chance to really listen to them.
How’s the fit of the Universe pads? I’ve tried some ZMF pads in the past can’t remember if it’s Auteur or Eikon but it seems a bit loose/ easily rotating around. Maybe Ori pads?

Dec 23, 2023 at 6:45 AM Post #9,700 of 10,023
It is pretty loose. Though, I don't think it would come off.
Ah i see....did you test them w/ Suede pads by any chance? I'd worry about using the leather solid pads since the Thror has thinner drivers. Those pressure build up may cause the planar crinkling effect like Audeze is my main concern. Prob why Kennerton pads have semi-perforations?

Dec 23, 2023 at 6:56 PM Post #9,701 of 10,023
Ah i see....did you test them w/ Suede pads by any chance? I'd worry about using the leather solid pads since the Thror has thinner drivers. Those pressure build up may cause the planar crinkling effect like Audeze is my main concern. Prob why Kennerton pads have semi-perforations?
I haven't tried any other pads. I was just cleaning up and remember that someone had recommended I try the pads. I can try different pads after the holidays.

Dec 29, 2023 at 5:55 PM Post #9,705 of 10,023
anyone here have the original Vali and Neoteric Vali? what r the differences?
I've tried all 3 versions n the Neoteric is the best version in terms of details while retaining great bass and good soundstage.
OG had a intimate bass banging presentation. Rolled off treble. Love this one too I prefer the screw headband than the self-adjustable one.
2nd version a bit too fun V-shaped for my liking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back