Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Nov 28, 2023 at 6:16 AM Post #9,631 of 10,023
Maybe this is all too simple to me.....who cares who uses EQ? Who cares what anyone feels about EQ? I don't use it either. None of it matters, use it if you want, don't use it if you don't want.

Nov 28, 2023 at 7:30 AM Post #9,632 of 10,023
Maybe this is all too simple to me.....who cares who uses EQ? Who cares what anyone feels about EQ? I don't use it either. None of it matters, use it if you want, don't use it if you don't want.
True. Life is aimless and devoid of meaning; everything is deception and illusion. In essence and outcome, life in prison is no different from life in Nice. The distinction between Kant's brain and the brain of a fly holds no essential significance. No one in this world is inherently right or wrong; everything is nonsensical, and to hell with it.

Nov 28, 2023 at 7:35 AM Post #9,633 of 10,023
Let's not get off the subject of food, salt and pepper, please.

You can prove anything with this analogy.

Nov 28, 2023 at 7:47 AM Post #9,634 of 10,023
True. Life is aimless and devoid of meaning; everything is deception and illusion. In essence and outcome, life in prison is no different from life in Nice. The distinction between Kant's brain and the brain of a fly holds no essential significance. No one in this world is inherently right or wrong; everything is nonsensical, and to hell with it.
That is a little deeper than my mind can sort.....my point is it seems a little strange to argue about what someone else likes or doesn't like. If someone likes EQ great, if someone doesn't like EQ great.

Since analogies seem to be in vogue today, I have reviewed for years, and folks have told me you can't hear "it" that way. I am like, how can you tell me how I hear it? Anyway, this site is a Petrie dish for life inside the internet.

Nov 28, 2023 at 12:05 PM Post #9,635 of 10,023
I have been following this thread regarding the use of EQ and it seems pretty controversial, some swearing by it and others swearing at it.

IMO the use of EQ and its effects depend on what one is trying to do.

If you are trying to enhance the effects of the headphone, perhaps this is better than trying to change the character of the headphone. For instance, I have a pair of RAAL SR-1b phones which are termed "nearfield ear monitors", so their character is quite unlike any other phones I have heard, even including my Kennerton Rognir Planars. Both of these phones exhibit a fast, detailed, transparent, spacious sound with good dynamics and instrumental timbre. As with any phone they have their strengths and drawbacks, bass weight, bass dynamics, and bass extension being their main weakness, the SR-1b in particular. So I can add a few dB of bass, either a bass shelf or a bass peak using a digital parametric filter, or in the case of the SR-1b, a convolution (Finite Impulse Response) filter designed by Mitch. A few dB of bass enhances the effects of these headphones without changing its true character. One could also use EQ to tame a peak, fill in a dip, or perhaps add some needed warmth or detail.

I think that if you are trying to completely change the character of the phones, the use of EQ may be less effective. Trying to get a phone to do something it does worst may be an exercise in frustration and defeat the purpose and design of the phone in the first place. Attempting to get Abyss TC 1266 Phi bass out of a RAAL SR-1b or Kennerton Rognir Planar probably will create more problems than it solves. I had a pair of Kennerton Gjallarhorn JM Edition Mark 2 phones, a dark, warm, full, smooth, bass-prominent phone that will never sound like a Rognir Planar no matter what you do as that dynamic driver has its response limitations. Attempting to get every phone in your stable to sound alike is also probably not a good idea.

So I do what most others here do: I reach for a phone that gives the best presentation of whatever type of music I am listening to. Many here listen to one type of music and once you find the phone that presents that type of music best to your ears, it is your endgame phone. If you listen to a lot of different musical genres as I do, perhaps you will find one type of phone design best for each type of music.

Nov 28, 2023 at 6:25 PM Post #9,637 of 10,023
Okay, let's finally talk about tea.:darthsmile:
I don't add sugar to tea because it ruins the taste of it. At the same time I don't judge those who do. It's totally fine to add a little bit of sweetness to it just like it's totally fine to adjust the sound to your liking taking into account many different factors. For example, we all adjust the volume level without being afraid to cause distortions or diverge from the volume level when the song was performed and recorded or mastered by audio engineers. Just use it wisely. EQ is just another tool to tweak the sound. I don't see anything wrong using it. Just use it wisely. But at the same time I don't judge people who don't use it as long as they don't claim that using it is an audiophile crime.

Nov 29, 2023 at 12:38 AM Post #9,639 of 10,023
Nov 29, 2023 at 1:47 AM Post #9,640 of 10,023
I don't add sugar to tea because it ruins the taste of it. At the same time I don't judge those who do. It's totally fine to add a little bit of sweetness to it just like it's totally fine to adjust the sound to your liking taking into account many different factors. For example, we all adjust the volume level without being afraid to cause distortions or diverge from the volume level when the song was performed and recorded or mastered by audio engineers. Just use it wisely. EQ is just another tool to tweak the sound. I don't see anything wrong using it. Just use it wisely. But at the same time I don't judge people who don't use it as long as they don't claim that using it is an audiophile crime.
I agree with you.

Nov 29, 2023 at 3:23 AM Post #9,641 of 10,023
Nov 29, 2023 at 3:36 AM Post #9,642 of 10,023
Kennerton already has idea -- Scandinavian mythology.

1701246971404.png

Let's leave the anime idea to the femboys.

Nov 29, 2023 at 3:42 AM Post #9,643 of 10,023
Hello everyone.

An idea for the Kennerton brand.

Following Moondrop's example, Kennerton should also launch a Waifu line to make headphones boxes even more attractive.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/moo...-reasonable-price.970569/page-3#post-17839181
Seriously Eric, stop embarrasing yourself.

How is Kennerton related to manga/anime?
How is that gonna help the brand improving?
That makes 0 sense and it's 0 original cause a lot of chinese brands are doing that, with horrible results...

I've always been a manga/anime consumer since my childhood and I consume It on daily basis, but it's stupid to use it for everything. It's cringey.

Nov 29, 2023 at 4:06 AM Post #9,644 of 10,023
Seriously Eric, stop embarrasing yourself.

How is Kennerton related to manga/anime?
How is that gonna help the brand improving?
That makes 0 sense and it's 0 original cause a lot of chinese brands are doing that, with horrible results...

I've always been a manga/anime consumer since my childhood and I consume It on daily basis, but it's stupid to use it for everything. It's cringey.

However, the very famous brand of electrostatic headphones, STAX...

23112910131923553818310826.jpg

Source : https://imgur.com/a/Lrsp6bC
and : https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones...facebook_page_started_posting_cute_headphone/

Nov 29, 2023 at 4:19 AM Post #9,645 of 10,023
However, the very famous brand of electrostatic headphones, STAX...

23112910131923553818310826.jpg

Source : https://imgur.com/a/Lrsp6bC
and : https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones...facebook_page_started_posting_cute_headphone/
Stax are japanese... Not Russian.
You are missing the point, again.
Why Kennerton needs to do the same as Stax did and a lot of chinese brands do nowadays?

Limited editions or colaborations with anime/manga franchises like Final Audio did with Evangelion, could be interesting. But those "anime" designs with random and uninspiring girls, are not doing any favour to the brands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back