Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Jul 11, 2021 at 7:21 AM Post #5,476 of 10,023
Jul 11, 2021 at 8:45 AM Post #5,480 of 10,023
Not judging their headphones because I never tried one but that company is kind of a joke when it come to prices. There's no way on earth a pad could be worth that much. Same stuff with the superconductor cable that they sell.
That's borderline scam in my opinion...
Yup. Nope.

Stupid pricing, surely. They do make the best performing headphone on the planet to make up for it.

Jul 11, 2021 at 9:26 AM Post #5,482 of 10,023
Your reply suggests that if the costing is a scam, then it's a successful one. Customer loyalty is everything, after all.
That's leading.

I agree the pricing of the pads are exorbitant as a replacement.
I agree the pricing of their cables are exorbitant.

No persons are forced to buy.

To call it a scam isn't so fair.

I'd call the venture successful marketing.

Shrugs.

Jul 11, 2021 at 9:39 AM Post #5,483 of 10,023
That's leading.

Shrugs.
I agree…unfair to call it a scam. I think the Abyss is hideous and would never consider one….but it is only a scam if you are selling something and not delivering what you advertise. Is a Rolls Royce a scam? It’s price is Exuberant.

Jul 11, 2021 at 9:58 AM Post #5,485 of 10,023
That's leading.

Shrugs.
I basically agree with everything you've said.

Successful marketing is a more accurate way to put it.

Jul 11, 2021 at 10:00 AM Post #5,486 of 10,023
Not judging their headphones because I never tried one but that company is kind of a joke when it come to prices. There's no way on earth a pad could be worth that much. Same stuff with the superconductor cable that they sell.
That's borderline scam in my opinion...
I don't wish to jump on the bandwagon of shame here... but, wow, that's insanely expensive.

$570 for a pair of pads? For the same price, you can get a good pair of headphones.

Jul 11, 2021 at 10:03 AM Post #5,487 of 10,023
Sadly, I won't be able to audition the Rögnir, as my local supplier won't be securing a demo unit.

This headphone remains at the top of my to-try-might-buy list, though. Hence, are there any users out there who are willing to help a lost soul with some queries? :)

Currently, I'm looking at purchasing a high-end headphone, open or closed. The current candidates are the Focal Utopia and the Meze Empyrean; both of these headphones excel at certain areas, but I'm leaning toward the Meze flagship, thanks to its lusher tone, and its better-textured bass. For the Rögnir owners out there, could you comment on your experiences with this headphone vis-à-vis the Utopia and/or the Empyrean? For that matter, any comparison with a top-end closed-back headphone would be similarly appreciated (e.g. MDR-Z1R, Vérité Closed, AH-D9200, et al).

Thanks in advance!
Another call for someone who could chime in with some very-helpful impressions.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and opinions. You'd help someone who's on the fence on an expensive purchase. :)

Jul 11, 2021 at 10:42 AM Post #5,488 of 10,023
Another call for someone who could chime in with some very-helpful impressions.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and opinions. You'd help someone who's on the fence on an expensive purchase. :)
Hard to make a suggestion without knowing your use cases. If you are looking for a technically great HP, I would also add T+A Solitaire P-SE in the list - P would be even better but as I know it is quite expensive outside of EU. I personally don't like Utopia (without EQ) as it has too forward upper mids. I guess P-SE could be good compromise between the Utopia and Empy.

Rögnir is an excellent HP, but if you are not specifically looking for a closed back, then I would rather enjoy a more natural sound stage with an open back. I didn't like the Verite Open, so it is unlikely that VC would be better. D9200 is great, but again, it is closed back. Rögnir is a more open and natural sounding HP.

Jul 11, 2021 at 1:33 PM Post #5,489 of 10,023
I’m supposed to be under on an acquisition moratorium, BUT, for purely academic purposes, which Kennerton open back planar would the group recommend to put on a wishlist to complement a DCA Aeon Closed RT, Arya, and ZMF VC. I’m treble sensitive but do like high detail and speed for jazz music.

Jul 11, 2021 at 1:46 PM Post #5,490 of 10,023
I’m supposed to be under on an acquisition moratorium, BUT, for purely academic purposes, which Kennerton open back planar would the group recommend to put on a wishlist to complement a DCA Aeon Closed RT, Arya, and ZMF VC. I’m treble sensitive but do like high detail and speed for jazz music.
I recently got a Kennerton Wodan and I think that it might just be what you are are looking for. High detail, speed and fun without any treble harshness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back