Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Jul 11, 2023 at 3:12 AM Post #9,196 of 10,023
BTW, today or tomorrow I will go to listen to the new dynamic flagship -- Heartland Dynamic. I will share my impressions and photos.

Jul 11, 2023 at 4:24 AM Post #9,198 of 10,023
If in the release version they retained the sound that I heard in the prototype, then these are the most saturated and timbre headphones I have ever heard. Neutral source with air and good soundstage is welcome.

Jul 11, 2023 at 8:51 AM Post #9,200 of 10,023
If in the release version they retained the sound that I heard in the prototype, then these are the most saturated and timbre headphones I have ever heard. Neutral source with air and good soundstage is welcome.
Are Heartland Dynamic also an open ones or a closed-back?

Jul 11, 2023 at 3:22 PM Post #9,201 of 10,023
ooph, unfortunately I couldn't get home without these nice guys

DC224C65-0DAE-407A-A50A-2CD6E77ACE69_1_102_a.jpeg

but let this be a small teaser, because I don’t have the strength to describe anything today

sorry

Are Heartland Dynamic also an open ones or a closed-back?

open back

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2023 at 3:41 PM Post #9,202 of 10,023
Kennerton is preparing several updated models (Thekk among them), as well as a couple of new dynamic models. I listened to two of them, and I can say that one of them just shocked me. The flagship dynamic model will be the Heartland Dynamic. Although what I heard from the new models - it will sound very close to the flagship, and cost several times cheaper. If nothing changes in plans ofc. This is not a cut version of HLD or something like that, it will just be a new model with dynamic drivers.

By the way, this model is present in this photo, but I think that the design will change.

2023-07-11 22.31.07.jpg

Jul 12, 2023 at 5:07 AM Post #9,203 of 10,023
more pics
leather ear pads, velor gray and black

7E016B30-1516-426C-A90D-6352DF2E0B7E_1_102_a.jpeg 2F7CAEB1-4EB2-42CE-8B6B-9C73CE3F8070_1_102_a.jpeg 6654C42F-D7D1-44DD-A01B-3D11851E908D_1_102_a.jpeg BED152BA-6600-4CDF-893C-0057A5B167B9_1_102_a.jpeg

Jul 12, 2023 at 5:54 AM Post #9,204 of 10,023
Kennerton is preparing several updated models (Thekk among them), as well as a couple of new dynamic models. I listened to two of them, and I can say that one of them just shocked me. The flagship dynamic model will be the Heartland Dynamic. Although what I heard from the new models - it will sound very close to the flagship, and cost several times cheaper. If nothing changes in plans ofc. This is not a cut version of HLD or something like that, it will just be a new model with dynamic drivers.

By the way, this model is present in this photo, but I think that the design will change.

2023-07-11 22.31.07.jpg
Thanks for the news.

How does HL dynamic compare to the planar version?

Jul 12, 2023 at 1:44 PM Post #9,205 of 10,023
Well, it's time to do what I don't like - write a longread. (Scroll down, there is a version in Russian.)

While the official announcement is being prepared, I can give some information that I know and heard with my ears.

I must say right away that there will not be a detailed description of the sound here, because I spent too little time with HLD (Heartland Dynamic), and there is a difference between leather and velor ear pads. I also have to take into account that I have a brand new pair of headphones and I need to give it time to warm up.

HLD have exceeded my expectations twice. I really love ATH-ADX5000 for their neutral side of sound, for their air, good technicality, for open sound, for engaging where it's needed, and for softness and delicacy, on the other hand. These are high-end dynamic headphones. This is the top tier.

When I found out that the Kennerton were preparing their dynamic flagship, I was hoping that they would create a competitor to headphones like the ADX5000. That there will be a serious adult high-level sound.

But my first failure came when I heard one of the first prototypes. I think I wrote about him in this thread. It was the richest, thickest, tube-like, driving, organic sound I've ever heard in headphones. They sounded like an acoustic system in my head. And such a sound, on the one hand, impressed with the original approach, on the other hand, it was a fun sound, from which I will get tired in half an hour. I appreciated this prototype for originality, but my expectations were not met at that time.

I don’t know what influenced it then, maybe some kind of amplifier, ear pads or the fact that it was an early prototype, but I didn’t hear this sound anymore.

And so the first few pairs of headphones "rolled off the assembly line". I wanted to listen to it with my new Hiby RS8, it seemed to me that there should be a synergy of a rich, thick sound and a more neutral, with a huge stage that RS8 gives.

And at this point, my second failure with expectations occurs. I listen to HLD and do not understand anything, this is actually a different sound, there is no more wild fan, there is no this fat, thick sound. But instead, I hear a very detailed, neutral sound, with great dynamics, attacks, great bass, and a huge open stage. Wow. This is what I wanted to hear last time!

Naturally, this confused my plans, because I was not going to buy anything. I assumed that there might be synergy with the player and I might want to buy these headphones. Or rather, those that I expected! But here the game turned upside down and I immediately wanted to have this in my collection. I heard not that the competitor ADX5000, but perhaps even that they will beat them. (I hope ADX5000 can't hear me)

This is a very high quality sound, it feels very natural, the soundstage is literally endless. I love it so much. There is a wonderful subbass here, only Rognir with a similar bass comes to mind, but I like it more in HLD, it is more detailed, expensive, textured.

If we compare the bass with the ADX5000, then in the HLD it sounds more interesting, it has a better impact, the beat is clearer. If we compare the lower range with the HLP (Heartland PLanar), then in the HLD there is a fatter subbass, and in the HLP - mid bass. The bass of the HLD is also more natural.

Gorgeous holographic and focus on sound sources.

In general, I perceive the sound of HLD as natural, more lively. It is clearer, more transparent, I hear more micronuances than in HLP, it seems to me that HLD has better microcontrasts. On the other hand, the sound of the HLP feels warmer, with more emphasis on the lower end, more driving in heavy genres.

You also need to take into account the peculiarity of the ear pads. As far as I know, velor ear pads are a stock option. This is some kind of premium velor, it is strong and expensive, as far as I know. These ear pads look really cool. But I also ordered leather ear pads, as they are quite different from the velor ones in sound. You should also try the velor ear pads with all the headphones they fit, because the effect can be very different.

Leather ear pads in my opinion give a tighter sound, with larger sound images. But you can use your old ear pads (ECL), they work great.

From the tech details, I only know that there are 320 ohms. And I weighed the version with leather ear pads, I got 519 g. Yes, these are not lightweight headphones, but the weight is perfectly distributed.

I also checked the sound with some DAPs. I like the pair with iBasso DX320 (AMP11 MK2s) the most so far. But I will listen more and draw conclusions later.

The volume on the Hiby RS8 is 75, high gain.
The volume level on DX320 is 55, mid gain is enough.

And of course I also listen to headphones on a large sound system.

Perhaps I will update my impressions later, because I need to let the headphones warm up, I need to test them with different ear pads and so on.

In the meantime, I can say that the guys from Kennerton again gave me a lot of emotions and joy.
Что ж пришло время сделать то, что мне не нравится -- написать лонгрид.

Пока готовится официальный анонс, я могу дать немного информации которую знаю и которую услышал ушами.

Сразу скажу, что здесь не будет подробного описания звучания, потому что я слишком мало провел с HLD (Heartland Dynamic), и есть разница между кожаными и велюровыми амбушюрами. Так же надо учесть, что у меня абсолютно новая пара наушников и нужно дать ей время прогреться.

Дважды эти наушники нарушили мои ожидания. Я очень люблю ATH-ADX5000 за их нейтральную сторону звука, за их воздух, хорошую техничность, за открытое звучание, за напор, где это необходимо, и за мягкость и деликатность, с другой стороны. Это высокого уровня динамические наушники. Это топ.

Когда я узнал, что Кеннертон готовят свой динамический флагман, то у меня была надежда, что они создадут конкурента таким наушникам, как АДХ5000. Что там будет серьезный взрослый звук высокого уровня.

Но мой первый провал случился, когда я услышал один из первых прототипов. Кажется я писал о нем в этой ветке. Это был самый насыщенный, густой, ламповый, драйвовый, органичный звук, который я слышал в наушниках. Они звучали как акустическая система в голове. И такой звук с одной стороны впечатлил оригинальным подходом, с другой -- это был фановый звук, от которого я утомлюсь через полчаса. Я оценил этот прототип за оригинальность, но мои ожидания не оправдались в тот раз.

Я не знаю что тогда повлияло, может быть какой-то усилитель, амбушюры или то что это был ранний прототип, но я это звучание больше не услышал.

И вот "с конвейера" сошли первые несколько пар наушников. Я хотел послушать их с моим новым Hiby RS8, мне казалось, что должна произойти синергия насыщенного, густого звука и более нейтрального, натурального, с огромной сценой, которую дает этот плеер.

И в этот момент происходит мой второй провал с ожиданиями. Слушаю наушники и ничего не понимаю, это фактически другой звук, здесь больше нет дикого фана, нет этого жирного, густого звука. Но вместо этого я слышу очень детальный, нейтральный звук, с прекрасной динамикой, атаками, великолепным басом, и огромной открытой сценой. Вау. Это то, что я хотел услышать в прошлый раз!

Естественно это спутало мои планы, потому что я не собирался ничего покупать. Я предполагал, что может быть синергия с плеером и возможно я захочу купить эти наушники. Вернее ТЕ, которые я ожидал! Но здесь игра перевернулась и я сразу захотел иметь это в своей коллекции. Я услышал не то, что конкурента АДХ5000, но, возможно даже, то, что их побьет. (Надеюсь АДХ5000 меня не слышат)

Это очень качественный звук, он ощущается очень натуральным, сцена просто бесконечная буквально. Я так это люблю. Здесь прекрасный саббас, в памяти всплывает только Рогнир с подобным басом, но мне он в ХЛД нравится больше, он более детальный, дорогой, фактурный.

Если сравнить бас с АДХ5000, то в HLD он звучит более интересно, у него лучший импакт, удар более четкий. Если сравнить нижний диапазон с HLP (Heartland PLanar) то в HLD более жирный саббас, а в HLP - мид бас. Бас у HLD так же более натуральный.

Шикарная голографичность и фокусировка на источниках звуков.

Размер сцены очень большой. Возможно здесь паритет с HLP, но за счет лучшей голографичности и фокусе, в HLD лучше ощущается глубина сцены и ее многослойность. И как результат мне кажется сцена в HLD более просторная, более натуральная, правильно выстроенная.

В целом звучание HLD я воспринимаю как естественное, более живое. Оно более четкое, прозрачное, я слышу больше микронюансов, чем в HLP, мне кажется у HLD лучше микроконтрасты. С другой стороны звучание HLP ощущается более тепло, с большим акцентом внизу, более драйвово.

Так же нужно учитывать особенность амбушюр. Насколько мне известно велюровые амбушюры являются стоковой опцией. Это какой-то премиальный велюр, он крепкий и дорогой, насколько я знаю. Эти амбушюры выглядят очень здорово. Но я заказал также кожаные амбушюры, так как они прилично отличаются от велюровых в звучании. Так же вам нужно попробовать велюровые амбушюры со всеми наушниками для которых они подойдут, потому что эффект может быть самым разным.

Кожаные амбушюры на мой взгляд дают более плотный звук, с более крупными звуковыми образами. Но вы можете использовать свои старые амбушюры (ECL), они отлично подходят.
Из характеристик мне известно только то, что здесь 320 Ом. И я взвесил версию с кожанными амбушюрами, я получил 519 грамм. Да, это не легкие наушники, но вес отлично распределяется.
Так же я проверял звук с некоторыми плеерами. Мне пока больше всего нравится пара с iBasso DX320 (AMP11 MK2s). Но я буду слушать больше и сделаю выводы потом.

Уровень громкости на Hiby RS8 - 75, хай гейн.
Уровень громкости на DX320 - 55, мид гейна достаточно.

И конечно я слушаю наушники так же на большой стационарной звуковой системе.

Возможно я буду обновлять мои впечатления позже, потому что нужно дать наушникам прогреться, нужно потестировать их с разными амбушюрами и так далее.

А пока что могу сказать, что парни из Кеннертон снова подарили мне уйму эмоций и радости.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2023 at 2:18 PM Post #9,206 of 10,023
Well, it's time to do what I don't like - write a longread. (Scroll down, there is a version in Russian.)

While the official announcement is being prepared, I can give some information that I know and heard with my ears.

I must say right away that there will not be a detailed description of the sound here, because I spent too little time with HLD (Heartland Dynamic), and there is a difference between leather and velor ear pads. I also have to take into account that I have a brand new pair of headphones and I need to give it time to warm up.

HLD have exceeded my expectations twice. I really love ATH-ADX5000 for their neutral side of sound, for their air, good technicality, for open sound, for engaging where it's needed, and for softness and delicacy, on the other hand. These are high-end dynamic headphones. This is the top tier.

When I found out that the Kennerton were preparing their dynamic flagship, I was hoping that they would create a competitor to headphones like the ADX5000. That there will be a serious adult high-level sound.

But my first failure came when I heard one of the first prototypes. I think I wrote about him in this thread. It was the richest, thickest, tube-like, driving, organic sound I've ever heard in headphones. They sounded like an acoustic system in my head. And such a sound, on the one hand, impressed with the original approach, on the other hand, it was a fun sound, from which I will get tired in half an hour. I appreciated this prototype for originality, but my expectations were not met at that time.

I don’t know what influenced it then, maybe some kind of amplifier, ear pads or the fact that it was an early prototype, but I didn’t hear this sound anymore.

And so the first few pairs of headphones "rolled off the assembly line". I wanted to listen to it with my new Hiby RS8, it seemed to me that there should be a synergy of a rich, thick sound and a more neutral, with a huge stage that RS8 gives.

And at this point, my second failure with expectations occurs. I listen to HLD and do not understand anything, this is actually a different sound, there is no more wild fan, there is no this fat, thick sound. But instead, I hear a very detailed, neutral sound, with great dynamics, attacks, great bass, and a huge open stage. Wow. This is what I wanted to hear last time!

Naturally, this confused my plans, because I was not going to buy anything. I assumed that there might be synergy with the player and I might want to buy these headphones. Or rather, those that I expected! But here the game turned upside down and I immediately wanted to have this in my collection. I heard not that the competitor ADX5000, but perhaps even that they will beat them. (I hope ADX5000 can't hear me)

This is a very high quality sound, it feels very natural, the soundstage is literally endless. I love it so much. There is a wonderful subbass here, only Rognir with a similar bass comes to mind, but I like it more in HLD, it is more detailed, expensive, textured.

If we compare the bass with the ADX5000, then in the HLD it sounds more interesting, it has a better impact, the beat is clearer. If we compare the lower range with the HLP (Heartland PLanar), then in the HLD there is a fatter subbass, and in the HLP - mid bass. The bass of the HLD is also more natural.

Gorgeous holographic and focus on sound sources.

In general, I perceive the sound of HLD as natural, more lively. It is clearer, more transparent, I hear more micronuances than in HLP, it seems to me that HLD has better microcontrasts. On the other hand, the sound of the HLP feels warmer, with more emphasis on the lower end, more driving in heavy genres.

You also need to take into account the peculiarity of the ear pads. As far as I know, velor ear pads are a stock option. This is some kind of premium velor, it is strong and expensive, as far as I know. These ear pads look really cool. But I also ordered leather ear pads, as they are quite different from the velor ones in sound. You should also try the velor ear pads with all the headphones they fit, because the effect can be very different.

Leather ear pads in my opinion give a tighter sound, with larger sound images. But you can use your old ear pads (ECL), they work great.

From the tech details, I only know that there are 320 ohms. And I weighed the version with leather ear pads, I got 519 g. Yes, these are not lightweight headphones, but the weight is perfectly distributed.

I also checked the sound with some DAPs. I like the pair with iBasso DX320 (AMP11 MK2s) the most so far. But I will listen more and draw conclusions later.

The volume on the Hiby RS8 is 75, high gain.
The volume level on DX320 is 55, mid gain is enough.

And of course I also listen to headphones on a large sound system.

Perhaps I will update my impressions later, because I need to let the headphones warm up, I need to test them with different ear pads and so on.

In the meantime, I can say that the guys from Kennerton again gave me a lot of emotions and joy.
Что ж пришло время сделать то, что мне не нравится -- написать лонгрид.

Пока готовится официальный анонс, я могу дать немного информации которую знаю и которую услышал ушами.

Сразу скажу, что здесь не будет подробного описания звучания, потому что я слишком мало провел с HLD (Heartland Dynamic), и есть разница между кожаными и велюровыми амбушюрами. Так же надо учесть, что у меня абсолютно новая пара наушников и нужно дать ей время прогреться.

Дважды эти наушники нарушили мои ожидания. Я очень люблю ATH-ADX5000 за их нейтральную сторону звука, за их воздух, хорошую техничность, за открытое звучание, за напор, где это необходимо, и за мягкость и деликатность, с другой стороны. Это высокого уровня динамические наушники. Это топ.

Когда я узнал, что Кеннертон готовят свой динамический флагман, то у меня была надежда, что они создадут конкурента таким наушникам, как АДХ5000. Что там будет серьезный взрослый звук высокого уровня.

Но мой первый провал случился, когда я услышал один из первых прототипов. Кажется я писал о нем в этой ветке. Это был самый насыщенный, густой, ламповый, драйвовый, органичный звук, который я слышал в наушниках. Они звучали как акустическая система в голове. И такой звук с одной стороны впечатлил оригинальным подходом, с другой -- это был фановый звук, от которого я утомлюсь через полчаса. Я оценил этот прототип за оригинальность, но мои ожидания не оправдались в тот раз.

Я не знаю что тогда повлияло, может быть какой-то усилитель, амбушюры или то что это был ранний прототип, но я это звучание больше не услышал.

И вот "с конвейера" сошли первые несколько пар наушников. Я хотел послушать их с моим новым Hiby RS8, мне казалось, что должна произойти синергия насыщенного, густого звука и более нейтрального, натурального, с огромной сценой, которую дает этот плеер.

И в этот момент происходит мой второй провал с ожиданиями. Слушаю наушники и ничего не понимаю, это фактически другой звук, здесь больше нет дикого фана, нет этого жирного, густого звука. Но вместо этого я слышу очень детальный, нейтральный звук, с прекрасной динамикой, атаками, великолепным басом, и огромной открытой сценой. Вау. Это то, что я хотел услышать в прошлый раз!

Естественно это спутало мои планы, потому что я не собирался ничего покупать. Я предполагал, что может быть синергия с плеером и возможно я захочу купить эти наушники. Вернее ТЕ, которые я ожидал! Но здесь игра перевернулась и я сразу захотел иметь это в своей коллекции. Я услышал не то, что конкурента АДХ5000, но, возможно даже, то, что их побьет. (Надеюсь АДХ5000 меня не слышат)

Это очень качественный звук, он ощущается очень натуральным, сцена просто бесконечная буквально. Я так это люблю. Здесь прекрасный саббас, в памяти всплывает только Рогнир с подобным басом, но мне он в ХЛД нравится больше, он более детальный, дорогой, фактурный.

Если сравнить бас с АДХ5000, то в HLD он звучит более интересно, у него лучший импакт, удар более четкий. Если сравнить нижний диапазон с HLP (Heartland PLanar) то в HLD более жирный саббас, а в HLP - мид бас. Бас у HLD так же более натуральный.

Шикарная голографичность и фокусировка на источниках звуков.

Размер сцены очень большой. Возможно здесь паритет с HLP, но за счет лучшей голографичности и фокусе, в HLD лучше ощущается глубина сцены и ее многослойность. И как результат мне кажется сцена в HLD более просторная, более натуральная, правильно выстроенная.

В целом звучание HLD я воспринимаю как естественное, более живое. Оно более четкое, прозрачное, я слышу больше микронюансов, чем в HLP, мне кажется у HLD лучше микроконтрасты. С другой стороны звучание HLP ощущается более тепло, с большим акцентом внизу, более драйвово.

Так же нужно учитывать особенность амбушюр. Насколько мне известно велюровые амбушюры являются стоковой опцией. Это какой-то премиальный велюр, он крепкий и дорогой, насколько я знаю. Эти амбушюры выглядят очень здорово. Но я заказал также кожаные амбушюры, так как они прилично отличаются от велюровых в звучании. Так же вам нужно попробовать велюровые амбушюры со всеми наушниками для которых они подойдут, потому что эффект может быть самым разным.

Кожаные амбушюры на мой взгляд дают более плотный звук, с более крупными звуковыми образами. Но вы можете использовать свои старые амбушюры (ECL), они отлично подходят.
Из характеристик мне известно только то, что здесь 320 Ом. И я взвесил версию с кожанными амбушюрами, я получил 519 грамм. Да, это не легкие наушники, но вес отлично распределяется.
Так же я проверял звук с некоторыми плеерами. Мне пока больше всего нравится пара с iBasso DX320 (AMP11 MK2s). Но я буду слушать больше и сделаю выводы потом.

Уровень громкости на Hiby RS8 - 75, хай гейн.
Уровень громкости на DX320 - 55, мид гейна достаточно.

И конечно я слушаю наушники так же на большой стационарной звуковой системе.

Возможно я буду обновлять мои впечатления позже, потому что нужно дать наушникам прогреться, нужно потестировать их с разными амбушюрами и так далее.

А пока что могу сказать, что парни из Кеннертон снова подарили мне уйму эмоций и радости.
What's the price of the Heartland Dynamic?

Jul 12, 2023 at 2:24 PM Post #9,207 of 10,023
Please do. I'm already sold.
thank you for the information.

1. Do you know if the HLD will be cheaper the the HLP?
  2. Do you think they give a very different experience compared to the Rognir Planar?
  3. Do you think they are appropriate for Metal Music?
  4. Do you prefer HLD over HLP and other Kennerton for Metal?

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2023 at 2:35 PM Post #9,208 of 10,023
Please do. I'm already sold.
thank you for the information.

1. Do you know if the HLD will be cheaper the the HLP?
  2. Do you think they give a very different experience compared to the Rognie Planar?
  3. Do you think they are appropriate for Metal Music?
  4. Do you prefer HLD over HLP and other Kennerton for Metal?
Quite. How do these bad boys hold up on the metal @fullbass ? Second Rognir planar comparison. 👆

Jul 12, 2023 at 3:06 PM Post #9,209 of 10,023
What's the price of the Heartland Dynamic?
Do you know if the HLD will be cheaper the the HLP?
I don’t know what the price will be in euros or dollars, we now have a rather volatile exchange rate

Do you think they give a very different experience compared to the Rognie Planar?
Yes, I really love Rognir for their brutality, for their fun, especially on electronics and metal. But at some point, that wasn't enough for me. It's expensive to have headphones for a limited number of situations.

HLD is just more versatile headphones, more omnivorous. These are typical top tier headphones. If you know what I mean. Technicality, dynamics, frequency balance, soundstage, imaging etc. These are more audiophile headphones than Rognir, more aesthetic. I am not saying that they are better or worse, I am saying that they are different, they have a different sound character, a different paradigm.

Do you think they are appropriate for Metal Music?
Certainly, yes. Though I think if you're a metalhead then Rognir or HLP might be better. They have more brutality, rudeness.
I tested HLD yesterday on Lorna Shore - To the Hellfire.
This track is played without obvious flaws. The blastbeat is very legible, detailed, with good separation of sounds. There is no turbidity, fuzziness, mixing. Single accented drum beats sound very biting, with excellent attacks, impact.

Yes, I will definitely listen to heavy genres in these headphones. It may not be as fat distortion as in Rognir, but I'm sure that I will still get my dose of drive

Do you prefer HLD over HLP and other Kennerton for Metal?
If only for metal - it is difficult to answer. We may have different tastes. I can only answer that I had HLP, but now I have HLD.

@Nostoi I hope I gave some information above for your question

Jul 12, 2023 at 3:07 PM Post #9,210 of 10,023

Users who are viewing this thread

Back