Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Mar 11, 2023 at 9:56 AM Post #8,971 of 10,023
Mar 11, 2023 at 10:09 AM Post #8,974 of 10,023
:) :) :wink:

Mar 11, 2023 at 10:12 AM Post #8,975 of 10,023
Thanks eric65 for your very interesting posts...

Can you give more of your impressions about this sennheiser Hd 560S ? what is your comparison for example between it and the kennerton you like the most ?

Hi.

Very easily (no offense to current fans of the Kennerton brand):dt880smile:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sennheiser-hd-400-pro-released.960952/page-5#post-16820407
https://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum/casques-sedentaires/sennheiser-hd-400-pro-t30117973-435.html

Note the HD-400 Pro (my copy) is a bit bassy than my HD-560S (my copy), however the drivers and the body seem identical; the only difference is the cable and the Sennheiser's logo (painted in black on the HD-400 Pro)

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2023 at 10:37 AM Post #8,976 of 10,023
Hi.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sennheiser-hd-400-pro-released.960952/page-5#post-16820407
https://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum/casques-sedentaires/sennheiser-hd-400-pro-t30117973-435.html

Note the HD-400 Pro (my copy) is a bit bassy than my HD-560S (my copy), however the drivers and the body seem identical; the only difference is the cable and the Sennheiser's logo (painted in black on the HD-400 Pro)
I would also like to hear more about this. In fact, I would like it if you dedicated your life to extolling the virtues of Sennheiser's budget headphones. It's possible?

Mar 11, 2023 at 11:32 AM Post #8,977 of 10,023
I would also like to hear more about this. In fact, I would like it if you dedicated your life to extolling the virtues of Sennheiser's budget headphones. It's possible?
One thing i learned in audio.... The way a pair of speakers is embedded in a room matter at least as much than the price tag for the final S.Q. .... It is the same for headphones technology , the way the shell/cups acoustically work matter as least as much as the price tag of the merely refined drivers....

Then forget some linearity in the scale of high end headphone defined by linear price increasing....This scale is relative not absolute.... Only acoustic is absolute in relation to the pure intangibility and the very relativity of price tags in headphones classification...

Then a Sennheiser under 1000 dollars can rival something costing way more, the same manner an optimized K340 could rival almost anything on some acoustic factor if not for many or for all of them....

Audio high end especially in the middle of the scale classification by acoustic and price value is non linear in his classification, relating to each acoustic factors one by one and relating to all acoustic factors taken together versus price...

In my experience some chosen speakers /room with no acoustic, no mechanical and no rightful electrical embeddings controls compared to the same speakers/room but this time rightfully optimized and under triple controls are not at all in the same rung of the S.Q. scale...And this fact had no relation to price itself...

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2023 at 12:09 PM Post #8,978 of 10,023
Hi.

Very interesting....

For the tonality aspect if i read you correctly there is not much difference between the low cost 2 Senn. and your 2 Kennerton.... But what about the spatialization aspect ? The most important characteristic of my K340, which defeat my other 9 headphones is his 3-D holographic distribution in a soundstaging related to the recordings characteristics...

What about the soundfield of the 2 Senn. and the 2 Kennerton ?

For me the soundfield is composed by an imaging differentiation on the plane between the ears, and in the sphere of the head, and also composed by the soundstaging dimensions inside, around and out of the head, and also composed by a volume proper to each instruments perceived i call this holography because this volume separate and relate one instruments to the other instruments in their imaging and in the soundstaging space....

Holography for me is related to the property for a soundfield to be perceived as an apparent filling of the space of the listening room and an impression of perceiving sounds outside the head...This is why my way to understand the soundfield implicate not two but three acoustic aspects : imaging, soundstage , holography .... I deduce all that from my K340 experiments in optimization of his workings...The K340 with his 2 drivers, 5 passive tuned resonators and a transformer is the most acoustically complex headphone to understand and optimize....

By the way i just read the russian review you recommended about the Senn. all talks as usual about timbre, measures, a bit about imaging and soundstage nothing about holography....

In my experience it is way easier to buy an headphone with a beautiful timbre than an headphone with holography....The K340 demonstrate a realistic timbre perception, not the more neutral one nor the more beautiful, but for me the more realistic because of his holographical power....

Then what about localization and 3-D exteriorisation with the two senn. and the two Kennerton ?

I dont claim that these notions above as used by me had an objective value , they are only a means for me to convey my experience...I am no scientist nor acoustician.... Only a nut head experimenting and reading a bit... :wink:

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2023 at 12:19 PM Post #8,979 of 10,023
Thanks eric65 for your very interesting posts...

Can you give more of your impressions about this sennheiser Hd 560S ? what is your comparison for example between it and the kennerton you like the most ?
Oh, No!!!

The next question will be "Which of the Kennerton headphones most resemble your favorite 200-series Sennheizer headphones ".
And what is the difference in their sound...
о_0

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2023 at 12:46 PM Post #8,980 of 10,023
Very interesting....

For the tonality aspect if i read you correctly there is not much difference between the low cost 2 Senn. and your 2 Kennerton.... But what about the spatialization aspect ? The most important characteristic of my K340, which defeat my other 9 headphones is his 3-D holographic distribution in a soundstaging related to the recordings characteristics...

What about the soundfield of the 2 Senn. and the 2 Kennerton ?

For me the soundfield is composed by an imaging differentiation on the plane between the ears, and in the sphere of the head, and also composed by the soundstaging dimensions inside, around and out of the head, and also composed by a volume proper to each instruments perceived i call his holography because this volume separate and relate one instruments to the other instruments in their imaging and in the soundstaging space....

Holography for me is related to the property for a soundfield to be perceived as real filling the listening room and outside the head...This is why my way to understand the soundfield implicate not two but three acoustic aspects.... I deduce all that from my K340 experiments in optimization of his workings...

I dont claim that this notions as used by me had an objective value , they are only a means for me to convey my experience...I am no scientist nor acoustician.... Only a nut head experimenting and reading a bit... :wink:
Spatialization, soundfield, holography - interesting terms. Do they have the same meaning in this context?

I guess some qualities are valued more than others depending on your taste and preferences. So you value holography. But someone else pays more attention to tonality and female voices in particular.

Price is definitely a factor. I do feel like many high end headphones are very pricey and overpriced even. Sennheiser headphones are more affordable. And this fact is hard to ignore. But they cannot satisfy everyone. So yes, if you are looking for other headphone qualities and willing to spend more money, there are many options out there.

Mar 11, 2023 at 12:57 PM Post #8,981 of 10,023
Spatialization, soundfield, holography - interesting terms. Do they have the same meaning in this context?

I guess some qualities are valued more than others depending on your taste and preferences. So you value holography. But someone else pays more attention to tonality and female voices in particular.

Price is definitely a factor. I do feel like many high end headphones are very pricey and overpriced even. Sennheiser headphones are more affordable. And this fact is hard to ignore. But they cannot satisfy everyone. So yes, if you are looking for other headphone qualities and willing to spend more money, there are many options out there.
All acoustic factors are important, there is none that are not important , they are all related directly or indirectly....

Most people value more timbre and tonality perception because they experienced it first hand in many expression...It is easy to experience it immediately and directly ...

But very few people experienced "holography" in their speakers/ room or in headphone....How many reviewers described this in details in their reviews ? Not many and not with much words as imaging and soundstage, all that inside the head or around it at best .... Why ?

Because speakers in a living room with no acoustic passive treatment and no active mechanical acoustic control, never make possible or make very difficult to experience "holography" or to experience the ratio LEV/ASW ..(.Listener envelopment versus relative width of the sound source)... And few people know how to create it or improve it in a room anyway....I did it myself in my past speakers/ dedicated room ...This is how i learned that speakers price tag matter way more than acoustic science applied in a small room ....Great hall applied acoustic are different...

For headphone the soundfield had three aspects for me, not only two : imaging differentiation beginning with the plane between the ears inside the head or around it and extending in the soundstage three dimensions where holography is the volume here of each instruments intimate dynamical perceived space, one by one extending outside the head or not partially or completely....

With speakers, holography is the way the soundfield is around and beside the listener not only merely between the speakers plane.... Then in headphone holography is the way an headphone sound imitate speakers in a dedicated acoustically controlled room.... i am interested by headphone with realistic timbre for sure but this is not enough at all for me, i want headphone which exhibit speaker like realistic localized or spatialized sounds...

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2023 at 3:36 PM Post #8,983 of 10,023
Apply your thinking process to the world affairs, not to audio thread, because there "conspiracy" is way more probable than here... :wink:

What you called "hijacking" i called it informed exhange between a Kennerton owner also a Sennheiser owner and a K340 owner interested by comparison between all these headphones ....

I call myself these posts with no audio content, targetting people or their intentions : trolling.... :) i apologize if i hurted you....

Back to audio....

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2023 at 9:18 PM Post #8,984 of 10,023
Apply your thinking process to the world affairs, not to audio thread, because there "conspiracy" is way more probable than here... :wink:

What you called "hijacking" i called it informed exhange between a Kennerton owner also a Sennheiser owner and a K340 owner interested by comparison between all these headphones ....

I call myself these posts with no audio content, targetting people or their intentions : trolling.... :) i apologize if i hurted you....

Back to audio....

Hurt me? On the contrary, I needed a good laugh and you delivered. No apologies needed :beyersmile:

Mar 12, 2023 at 2:32 PM Post #8,985 of 10,023
Am I the only one missing these philosophical longreads?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back