Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Apr 15, 2022 at 11:04 PM Post #7,756 of 10,023
I just bought the Baltic Sea JM Edition, without the upgraded headband. I shipped them off to John for Spa services and should be back to me this Monday.

This is a photo John sent me. Once I have them I will give them a wipe down and show some photos

671479268.jpg671558966.jpg
That Baltic Sea color is pretty bad a$$

Apr 16, 2022 at 11:31 AM Post #7,757 of 10,023
Measurements of Kennerton headphones (IEC711 rig with IEC60318-4 coupler and artificial pinna):

M21S (2021)

M21S (2021).png

Magni V3

Magni V3.png

Gjallarhorn cal. 40

Gjallarhorn cal. 40.png

Vali Neotheric

Vali Neotheric.png

Gjallarhorn cal. 50 JM

Gjallarhorn cal. 50JM.png

Rognir Dynamic

Rognir Dynamic.png

Rognir (ecl-01mf and ecl-03 pads)

Rognir.png

Thror

Thror.png

Attachments

• Gjallarhorn cal. 50.png
    Gjallarhorn cal. 50.png
    155.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 16, 2022 at 6:35 PM Post #7,758 of 10,023
I am sure this issue has been broached in the recent past but wanted to find out what others' experiences have been regarding ordering directly from Kennerton and shipping to the US. I would imagine this somewhat risky in light of the Ukraine situation but interested in a pair of Rognir planars and there are currently none on the Audio46 website nor anywhere else I looked. Can anyone in the US relate recent experience in ordering from Kennerton? Did you receive the items in a reasonable time? Not really interested in political discussions please. Thank you.

Apr 17, 2022 at 12:06 AM Post #7,759 of 10,023
Measurements of Kennerton headphones (IEC711 rig with IEC60318-4 coupler and artificial pinna):

M21S (2021)

M21S (2021).png

Magni V3

Magni V3.png

Gjallarhorn cal. 40

Gjallarhorn cal. 40.png

Vali Neotheric

Vali Neotheric.png

Gjallarhorn cal. 50

Gjallarhorn cal. 50.png

Rognir Dynamic

Rognir Dynamic.png

Rognir.png

Thror

Thror.png
No GH50 JM?

Apr 17, 2022 at 6:34 AM Post #7,762 of 10,023

M21S (2021)

M21S (2021).png

Magni V3

Magni V3.png

Gjallarhorn cal. 40

Gjallarhorn cal. 40.png

Vali Neotheric

Vali Neotheric.png

Gjallarhorn cal. 50

Gjallarhorn cal. 50.png

Rognir Dynamic

Rognir Dynamic.png

Rognir.png

Thror

Thror.png
This is amazing ! thanks for your effort!
Im quite surprised with the measurements of the Vali Neoteric compared to the Vali 2019. Neoteric is quite brighter and looks and more aggresive in the upper mids. Graph looks pretty good anyways.
Could you share any thoughts about the Vali Neoteric, please ?

Thanks.

Apr 17, 2022 at 9:47 AM Post #7,764 of 10,023
My fault: that was JM version measurements. I've corrected graph and pic in post.

Absent measurements: Wodan and pure Gjallarhorn cal. 50.
Those GH40 measurements look tasty; almost like a perfectly flat monitor type of sound. Was that in line with your subjective impressions also ?

Apr 17, 2022 at 2:47 PM Post #7,765 of 10,023
My fault: that was JM version measurements. I've corrected graph and pic in post.

Absent measurements: Wodan and pure Gjallarhorn cal. 50.
ah I see! Thanks! Also, what's up with the highs on the GH50 JM looking so... strange compared to many headphones, and how does that affect the sound? Like i understand the dip at 10k, but how is the sound affected by the dip at 4.5k/the dip at 1.75k? I know these dips are present in some frequency response graphs, but they seem very extreme with the GH50 JM

If you don't mind, can you tell me how one becomes more adept at reading frequency response graphs? Are there any resources I can utilize online to understand different frequencies? Thanks!

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2022 at 3:41 PM Post #7,766 of 10,023
Experimental methods greatly affect measurements. I wouldn't take a single measurement as an end all as another set of measurements using different methods may well result in different results. I do agree that the GH50 JM curves look unusual.

Apr 17, 2022 at 4:11 PM Post #7,767 of 10,023
I am sure this issue has been broached in the recent past but wanted to find out what others' experiences have been regarding ordering directly from Kennerton and shipping to the US. I would imagine this somewhat risky in light of the Ukraine situation but interested in a pair of Rognir planars and there are currently none on the Audio46 website nor anywhere else I looked. Can anyone in the US relate recent experience in ordering from Kennerton? Did you receive the items in a reasonable time? Not really interested in political discussions please. Thank you.
Anyone? Thanks.

Apr 17, 2022 at 4:37 PM Post #7,768 of 10,023
Anyone? Thanks.
The only shipping option available right now, from Kennerton, is DHL Freight. Since DHL is the only shipping option left it is pretty expensive for the cheapest option, around $150. DHL Freight is also very slow plus they do last leg delivery where they hand of the package to someone else to actually make the delivery. Expect atleast 3-5 weeks for DHL to deliver the package at the earliest. If you want one of the stabilized versions you would have to deal with month or so for them to arrive.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2022 at 4:48 PM Post #7,769 of 10,023
Quite a few Rognir planars in stock in various UK dealers. Probably safer to order that way.

Apr 17, 2022 at 5:07 PM Post #7,770 of 10,023
The only shipping option available right now, from Kennerton, is DHL Freight. Since DHL is the only shipping option left it is pretty expensive for the cheapest option, around $150. DHL Freight is also very slow plus they do last leg delivery where they hand of the package to someone else to actually make the delivery. Expect atleast 3-5 weeks for DHL to deliver the package at the earliest. If you want one of the stabilized versions you would have to deal with month or so for them to arrive.
If you know, how are custom rates to the US? Does it factor in with the shipping?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back