Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Feb 16, 2022 at 1:34 AM Post #7,231 of 10,023
If yours don't have the tube, then they're probably neutral headphones with bass pads.
Without tube = bass heavy version.
Interesting. Thanks from the post. Mine don't have that tube. I bought the bass version and they have a tonne of bass. Like I wouldn't want anymore.
If you have bass heavy version with bass heavy pads, that could mean too much bass obviously, non-bass-heavy pads worth trying ) But if you listen Thror and Rognir in short session and overall not for long I would recommend to stay with one of them for about a week at least, and then switch to another in a same manner. Let you braind adopt to headphones sound signature and headphones hardware to burn in ) Try fast switching later from one to another, probably you could find mini-burn-in periods, but with mind set to targer sound profile you'll build in your head, that won't take long )) (Probably sound psychdelic, but hope you understand what I'm writing about, that's pure practical advice)

Feb 16, 2022 at 1:57 AM Post #7,234 of 10,023
Without tube = bass heavy version.

If you have bass heavy version with bass heavy pads, that could mean too much bass obviously, non-bass-heavy pads worth trying ) But if you listen Thror and Rognir in short session and overall not for long I would recommend to stay with one of them for about a week at least, and then switch to another in a same manner. Let you braind adopt to headphones sound signature and headphones hardware to burn in ) Try fast switching later from one to another, probably you could find mini-burn-in periods, but with mind set to targer sound profile you'll build in your head, that won't take long )) (Probably sound psychdelic, but hope you understand what I'm writing about, that's pure practical advice)
I get what you are saying. From my first initial listeing, just to make sure everything worked, I preferd the Thror. Time will see if that stays true.

Feb 16, 2022 at 1:07 PM Post #7,240 of 10,023
I just got a Rognir Dynamic. I like it, but definitely not what I expected in terms of overall sound. I'm going to let them settle in for a while before I make any judgements.

Quick questions?
Is there occasionally rough patches on the wood underneath the laminate? See pic 1 ("scratch" 2 bands under the logo)
Is the old headband style that can be updated if I reach out to someone via PM?

E28A853E-7AC2-46AE-A23B-23E0174C62AE.jpeg8A7BB65F-89A5-4214-B5E4-A282EBEA82EC.jpeg

Feb 16, 2022 at 1:43 PM Post #7,241 of 10,023
3D7DBDF3-32F5-46A2-BE06-8C387C6BB881.jpeg

Quicksilver warming up to my GH50MK2 (note my new fuzzy custom pads too lol- they are so comfortable)

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2022 at 1:45 PM Post #7,242 of 10,023
3D7DBDF3-32F5-46A2-BE06-8C387C6BB881.jpeg
Quicksilver warming up to my GH50MK2
Great-sounding combination. I get my cap-modded QS amp back today and will report the differences between it and stock and how it affects the GH50 JME V2.

Feb 16, 2022 at 2:19 PM Post #7,243 of 10,023
I just got a Rognir Dynamic. I like it, but definitely not what I expected in terms of overall sound. I'm going to let them settle in for a while before I make any judgements.

Quick questions?
Is there occasionally rough patches on the wood underneath the laminate? See pic 1 ("scratch" 2 bands under the logo)
Is the old headband style that can be updated if I reach out to someone via PM?
Play with rotating the ear pads around so the angle changes. For me the seal was the best with the seams on the bottom which is the thickest part of the pad. The fit and sound was weird when mine were like yours where the seam is on the back sides

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2022 at 2:49 PM Post #7,244 of 10,023
Holy crap! Had no idea I could rotate the pads. Made a huge difference for me - seams on top was helpful

Users who are viewing this thread

Back