Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Dec 27, 2021 at 11:06 AM Post #6,677 of 10,026
according to your choice
How does one go about making said choice? I ordered my Rognirs last week (right after your post about "don't wait!") and there wasn't anything on the purchase that let me indicate which GH 40 I wanted.

I'm not too sussed, either one will be much appreciated - particularly for freaking free - but I'm curious what the communication you received was like, since you're the only person so far to have said they got shipping confirmation.

Thanks!

Dec 27, 2021 at 11:10 AM Post #6,678 of 10,026
Good people work at German customs, don't think they ask for money, especially not at Christmas, if they do, I'll just pay for it :relieved:

Will keep you up to date.
Thanks, good to hear. BTW: have you heard Rognir Planar? I think this is the comparison many will be after. I have the Rognir originals and love them greatly. A different flavour of Rognir would be very interesting, but only if they retained the technical chops.

Dec 27, 2021 at 11:21 AM Post #6,679 of 10,026
How does one go about making said choice? I ordered my Rognirs last week (right after your post about "don't wait!") and there wasn't anything on the purchase that let me indicate which GH 40 I wanted.

I'm not too sussed, either one will be much appreciated - particularly for freaking free - but I'm curious what the communication you received was like, since you're the only person so far to have said they got shipping confirmation.

Thanks!
Kennerton asked by email.

In the case of a new order, I would already state it when placing the order, as far as I can remember there was room for a message.

Dec 27, 2021 at 11:24 AM Post #6,680 of 10,026
Thanks, good to hear. BTW: have you heard Rognir Planar? I think this is the comparison many will be after. I have the Rognir originals and love them greatly. A different flavour of Rognir would be very interesting, but only if they retained the technical chops.
Unfortunately, I didn't hear the Rognir Planar, I was just looking for closed headphones, so I ordered without hesitation.

Dec 28, 2021 at 8:16 AM Post #6,681 of 10,026
My order is clearing customs, delivery slated for Thursday. I did not have a GH 40 color option, but I do remember seeing a message box. My bad for not stating an option in the message box for my GH 40. I am pleased to have received a freebie. Not really important but the only email I have received was that the order shipped and I did try to connect.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2021 at 10:50 AM Post #6,682 of 10,026
My order is clearing customs, delivery slated for Thursday. I did not have a GH 40 color option, but I do remember seeing a message box. My bad for not stating an option in the message box for my GH 40. I am pleased to have received a freebie. Not really important but the only email I have received was that the order shipped and I did try to connect.
You could have emailed them after you placed your order. They have been quite helpful and reactive…

Dec 28, 2021 at 12:40 PM Post #6,683 of 10,026
Dec 29, 2021 at 1:05 AM Post #6,685 of 10,026
I just emailed Kennerton this morning asking some questions about Rognir and its shipping time. Hope I can get their response soon.

And does Rognir leak sound? It seems that there are two leaky holes on the cans and not sure about their functionality.

Dec 29, 2021 at 1:44 AM Post #6,686 of 10,026
I just emailed Kennerton this morning asking some questions about Rognir and its shipping time. Hope I can get their response soon.

And does Rognir leak sound? It seems that there are two leaky holes on the cans and not sure about their functionality.
The planar version doesn't leak sound at all, unless you crank up the volume very loud and stand next to the person wearing them.

Dec 29, 2021 at 1:48 AM Post #6,687 of 10,026
The planar version doesn't leak sound at all, unless you crank up the volume very loud and stand next to the person wearing them.
Great! I need a headphone just like this so that I won't disturb people in the house.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2021 at 8:43 AM Post #6,688 of 10,026
Just received, with a one day delay, for which UPS is responsible. Unpacked, photographed, now I warm up the Rognir Dynamic and then do a functional check.
Both headphones are beautiful and well made. Visually, the GH 40 is not inferior to the Rognir Dynamic, both are astonishing.

kennerton_rognir_dynamic.jpg

kennerton_gh-40.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2021 at 10:07 AM Post #6,689 of 10,026
Rognir Dynamic: my intention was actually to let the headphones suckle longer on the RME, but I couldn't resist a function check, then it was impossible to take them off, I have failed 😞

Put on and initially surprised by the spatial sound, wide and deep. Sound inadequacies, which slowly become noticeable, attract further attention, ultimately because they are disturbing, they represent the decisive weakness - no obvious weaknesses in the Rognir. Harmonious, warm sound from the bass to the highs, beautiful voices. Just a single pair of headphones, why not a closed one, the Rognir Dynamic? The headphones are comfortable anyway. As far as my first words, the sound can only get better.

My acoustic memory is weak, but: connected to the “RME-Adi 2 Dac”, the Denon d9200 couldn't have been my only headphones, the Rognir Dynamic could.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2021 at 12:12 PM Post #6,690 of 10,026
Just received, with a one day delay, for which UPS is responsible. Unpacked, photographed, now I warm up the Rognir Dynamic and then do a functional check.
Both headphones are beautiful and well made. Visually, the GH 40 is not inferior to the Rognir Dynamic, both are astonishing.

kennerton_rognir_dynamic.jpg
kennerton_gh-40.jpg
Grats on both. They look beautiful! Hope they sound as good as they look.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back