Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Nov 8, 2021 at 12:29 AM Post #6,301 of 10,023
To @frost15: The headband cover is shown below. The Dekoni nugget has adhesive. You just need to peel off a tab then attach the nugget.51B2F098-A9B3-4180-ABF4-480C0A0BEC67.jpeg
I saw your post and found the Geekria on amazon too, so I ordered it as it would arrive sooner than ebay' ( I'm leaving town Wed). I received it yesterday and when I was putting it on, the darn zipper end came Off. 😯. I'm guessing a defective one but leery to order the same...Sent it back and will try an alternative. When I return in 3 weeks.

Nov 8, 2021 at 8:24 AM Post #6,302 of 10,023
I saw your post and found the Geekria on amazon too, so I ordered it as it would arrive sooner than ebay' ( I'm leaving town Wed). I received it yesterday and when I was putting it on, the darn zipper end came Off. 😯. I'm guessing a defective one but leery to order the same...Sent it back and will try an alternative. When I return in 3 weeks.
You can try this one below which I use on my Gjallarhorns.

https://www.amazon.com/Geekria-Head...over+turtle+beach+elite&qid=1636163725&sr=8-3

Nov 8, 2021 at 8:44 AM Post #6,303 of 10,023
Hello,
I just received my LSA HP-1 (thank you Walter for this very fast delivery : ordered Thursday > Monday morning by me in France !).
I am still in the burn-in phase, but I like its sound so far, specially the highs are softer than the one from my Focal Clear. Soundstage is also nice, not extremely open but on paar with the Clear. Bass are a bit more present than on the Focal but the overall presentation of sound is well done (everything at the right place)

I find the mids a bit too strong for my taste and was wondering if an EQ has already been done for the HP-1 ?
I checked https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq/tree/master/results but didn't find any.
I use the RME ADI-2 + Peace/APO for the eq.

Thanks for your help !

Nov 8, 2021 at 9:16 AM Post #6,304 of 10,023
Hello,
I just received my LSA HP-1 (thank you Walter for this very fast delivery : ordered Thursday > Monday morning by me in France !).
I am still in the burn-in phase, but I like its sound so far, specially the highs are softer than the one from my Focal Clear. Soundstage is also nice, not extremely open but on paar with the Clear. Bass are a bit more present than on the Focal but the overall presentation of sound is well done (everything at the right place)

I find the mids a bit too strong for my taste and was wondering if an EQ has already been done for the HP-1 ?
I checked https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq/tree/master/results but didn't find any.
I use the RME ADI-2 + Peace/APO for the eq.

Thanks for your help !
There are some measurements around for individual HP-1's. While I had them I enjoyed the ECL-02 pads with them a bit more then the ECL-01. 02 pads add a bit more bass (which also result in a slightly less forward mid ofc).
In this case I would just do a frequency sweep with your RME ADI-2 or APO to find the frequencies that bug you most and apply a small negative amplification with a wide Q to start out with.

Nov 8, 2021 at 9:18 AM Post #6,305 of 10,023
Find those weak spots:
- set q value at 3 (this determines the width of the filter)
- make sure your filter is set to peak
- apply a pre-amp of -12dB (to prevent clipping)
- sweep the 4khz - 20khz range is steps of 1 khz and apply a +12dB gain. So 4khz first; then 5khz, while lowering 4khz back to 0dB; then 6khz, with 5khz back to 0dB etc etc
- you will notice discomfort at 1 of multiple steps; you now have found the weak spot(s) of your headphone!
- now apply a as much -dB as you personally prefer on that frequency until you are satisfied
- now set your pre-amp back to 0
- profit :D
from the SASH topic: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sas...ars-from-ukraine.909992/page-11#post-16467204

Nov 8, 2021 at 11:55 AM Post #6,307 of 10,023
I use the RME ADI-2 + Peace/APO for the eq
If you use such great EQ devices then it's not so important to choose specific (and expensive) headphones - almost every (and quite cheap) hp will eventually sound great after personal tuning.

Nov 8, 2021 at 12:29 PM Post #6,308 of 10,023
If you use such great EQ devices then it's not so important to choose specific (and expensive) headphones - almost every (and quite cheap) hp will eventually sound great after personal tuning.
I have to disagree here. I have various mid/highend headphones (HP1/Focal Clear/Sundara/DT1990/M1060/HD58x/...), and even after EQ there are big differences between all these headphones.
Detail retrieval, soundstage, clarity and overall sound balance can't be fixed by a simple EQ :wink:

Nov 8, 2021 at 12:43 PM Post #6,309 of 10,023
666E0CB6-85A7-4EA3-AFA9-F18BC7E03F7D.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2021 at 1:11 PM Post #6,311 of 10,023
Last edited:
Nov 8, 2021 at 2:04 PM Post #6,312 of 10,023
Wow! At first glance they looked like some different types of syrup were poured into a mold but I see now how the colors are integral to the earcups. Nice.

Nov 8, 2021 at 2:37 PM Post #6,313 of 10,023
did anyone notice those black/karelian birch is a DYNAMIC Rognir not a Planar Magnetic Rognir?
1636400416345.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back