Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Jan 12, 2018 at 8:44 AM Post #1,547 of 10,023
Hello everyone,

The Kennerton Magister (about $ 900), an electrodynamic headphone, back closed, was removed from the Kennerton site.

It seems that this headphone is now replaced by a new version, both improved and cheaper (at least in Europe: price of the new headphone 700 euros (all tax includ) versus 920 Euros including tax for the former Magister). Its name: the Magister Pro.
(see photo Below)

517811Magisterpro.jpg

This is an improved version of the old Magister on several points:
Replacement of fragile plastic parts, either with better parts, plastic or brass parts; two types of pads come with the headphones (leather pads and velvet pads): the velvet pads would give a more balanced sound (FR less rising) and would be more comfortable than the leather pads.
Cups of different internal and external design are made of Sappeli wood.

You can also see this video (in French) showing the details and new features of this new headphone as well as images showing how to loosen the clamping of the headphone without breaking the arch, if the clamping of this headphone was to be found too strong.

Jan 15, 2018 at 8:37 AM Post #1,548 of 10,023
I am curious about the Vali, but stock appears to be limited on the Kennerton site. Do they still make the polished wood version, or other types of wood? I only see the natural wood version. Also, what is usual turn around time for shipment to the US? I don't think there are any US dealers so it looks like a direct order is the only option.
Yes, right now there is only natural wood version available.

Jan 16, 2018 at 1:39 AM Post #1,551 of 10,023
To LaCuffia: the Vali is a fabulous headphone. I'd get it in whatever format. I'll be getting a second pair, when funds permit. Enjoy...

Hello everyone,

Hi Andrew (@Arcamera) :)

Yes, the Vali (like the Odin) are some "super headphones" giving a lot of fun.

Some are even fans !

From 17 to 50 yo, or even more, these headphones make wreaking havoc in hearts.

"Odin, if not nothing!" is what we sometimes read on the French forum TN.
http://www.tellementnomade.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=11426&start=1275

"The Vali is fabulous; I want to have two": thats what we're currently reading on Head-Fi.

"I am 17 years old, the chosen one of my heart is the Odin and I dream to have one (after listening to other TOTL headphones of other brands)": that's what we read recently on the thread Kennerton on the French forum HCFR (in the process of exceeding the Stax thread of the same forum)
http://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum/...rton-fischer-audio-inside-t30059943-7875.html

These are youth headphones, made for young people (under 55 yo :beyersmile:); the older ones will buy Stax SR-009, Susvara or Utopia!

Have a good day.

Eric

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2018 at 5:07 AM Post #1,552 of 10,023
Jan 23, 2018 at 9:19 AM Post #1,553 of 10,023
Recently we found a beautiful, extremely rare and expensive Pale Moon Ebony plank, and decided to give it a go.
So here it is, Pale Moon Ebony Odin, only 3 pcs are made.

odin-ebony-9-900x900.jpg

(Photo is a bit more pinkish than it is in real world)

Pale Moon Ebony, also known as Black and White Ebony comes mostly from Laos, although the trees may be found in other parts of southeastern Asia. Extremely rare and exotic wood and I doubt we will ever have another opportunity to work with it :) It is known for its richly variegated coloration mixing vivid white with darkest black streaks. It is a very hard and dense wood and it took a lot of effort to manufacture.

Also, you may have noticed several differences in the photo above. And indeed, wood is not the only one:

- This 3 pcs have unique serial numbers: 01/03, 02/03 and 03/03
- New wider headband with soft filling and better leather
- Custom 6.3" litz cable included by default

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2018 at 5:05 PM Post #1,554 of 10,023
Recently we found a beautiful, extremely rare and expensive Pale Moon Ebony plank, and decided to give it a go.
So here it is, Pale Moon Ebony Odin, only 3 pcs are made.

(Photo is a bit more pinkish than it is in real world)

Pale Moon Ebony, also known as Black and White Ebony comes mostly from Laos, although the trees may be found in other parts of southeastern Asia. Extremely rare and exotic wood and I doubt we will ever have another opportunity to work with it :) It is known for its richly variegated coloration mixing vivid white with darkest black streaks. It is a very hard and dense wood and it took a lot of effort to manufacture.

Also, you may have noticed several differences in the photo above. And indeed, wood is not the only one:

- This 3 pcs have unique serial numbers: 01/03, 02/03 and 03/03
- New wider headband with soft filling and better leather
- Custom 6.3" litz cable included by default

Splendid, really splendid! :)

but 50,000 dollars (*), wow!

Too bad that this beautiful (and precious) essence of lunar ebony wood is not accessible to your future flagship, the Kennerton Tror: it would have been an exceptional headphone, both for its sound quality and beauty!

Maybe one day ? :beyersmile:

(*) the price, per m2, of lunar ebony (parquet floor)

Note, for more infos: see also: http://player.ru/showthread.php?t=142284&page=103&p=2389597&viewfull=1#post2389597

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2018 at 6:51 PM Post #1,555 of 10,023
Rectification: $2,990 only this very exclusive serie (3 copies) of this Odin mk2 in moon-pale ebony wood (rare and expensive), and not $50,000! :beyersmile:

with the custom Litz cable (by default) (sold otherwise $390, retail)
and with an improve secondary suspension headband, wider, padded, more comfortable (like the famous Kekennerton headband V2 in France).

https://kennerton.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=135

Superb ! :)

10058614.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2018 at 9:43 AM Post #1,557 of 10,023
Vali is on Massdrop, so who wanted it - it is your chance. This time however it is the usual silver version, not black.
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/kennerton-vali-exclusive-massdrop-edition

Also here is newest review on it from Headphonics: https://headfonics.com/2018/01/kennerton-vali-review/

I'm trying to order the custom litz cable from kennerton website but they do not appear to ship to Singapore (I cannot choose the country), and neither is Kennerton responding to email queries regarding this (sent to info@kennerton.com)
Yes, we have a partner in Singapore, that's why we do not have shipping available. However, they do not have cables in stock right now. Sorry for the inconvenience, I'll pm to you tomorrow with details

Jan 26, 2018 at 12:33 PM Post #1,560 of 10,023
Hello everyone,

A New Hope, for the Kennerton Odin !

The Odin is heavy: 678 g (without the wire) for my version (with the improved secondary head-band)

The prototype of the Tror is much lighter (200 g less: 470 g, be the weight of a Stax SR-009 without the wire), and this can be felt on the head.

The fault of this overweight is partly in relation with the heavy external grids in chevron (in zinc) of the Odin.

One hope, the future external grids of the Odin could be in a new material: result: 100 g less for the Odin! :)

662120DSC0006bb.jpg

My Odin mk2 wooden in Karelian Birch with the improved secondary head-band : 678 g

332621DSC0027bb.jpg

Kennerton Tror (prototype) : only 470 g ! (200 g less than the Odin mk2)

18012606353223553815505515.jpg

max_audiomaster Testing a new composite grill. Minus 100 grams (for the Kennerton Odin)

EDIT: See also, in French, this retrospective of Odin headphones between the first production (from June 2015) and the very last (from January 2018):

http://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum/post179447740.html#p179447740

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back