Kelly Clarkson...I'm impressed
Feb 5, 2007 at 9:36 PM Post #76 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by trose49 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Morph I like to see you dance around on stage and (lip sync) or sing for 2 and half hours under hot lights in front of thousands of people and be entertaining.

It does take talent! look up the word!

the potential or factual ability to perform a skill better than most people.

She has a talent to sing.
Also used jocularly, as: He has a talent for getting into trouble.[/bold]

I don't think you want to see me dance around and sing on stage! but for 2.5 million I'll do it!!
biggrin.gif
Hell for a free Orpheus system I'll do it!!!
biggrin.gif
LOL!

Morph AKA the "HYPE-MAN, Mr. Crowd Control.." LOL!!

I watched Ice-T train a bunch of NYC prep school kids to do it,.. it can't be that hard!! LOL!

Feb 5, 2007 at 9:37 PM Post #77 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by trose49 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Morph I like to see you dance around on stage and (lip sync) or sing for 2 and half hours under hot lights in front of thousands of people and be entertaining.[/bold]

I don't think that type of talent means much in a message board dedicated to the music itself.

Feb 5, 2007 at 9:39 PM Post #78 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morph201 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Britney (and Madonna for that matter) can't sing, can't dance...

Britney and Madonna can't dance?
blink.gif
So acording to you who can dance?

Feb 5, 2007 at 9:45 PM Post #79 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsaavedra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
blink.gif

Fred Astaire!
27664.jpg

Complete with elitist japanese obi strip!

Feb 5, 2007 at 9:49 PM Post #80 of 107
Quote:

blink.gif

Who can dance? Let's see.. I enjoy watching Missey Elliot dance; Beyonce is always nice to look at (although she annoys the hell out of me).. christina aguilera can not only dance but she can SING! (ALL CAPS!)..a beautiful and strong voice! Way back in the 'ol days Janet Jackson was nice to watch dance... And let's not forget Chakira!! WOW!
blink.gif
how does she move her hips like that! (the hips don't lie!) I NEVER EVER get chills like that watching Britney or Madonna "try" to dance...

Feb 5, 2007 at 9:53 PM Post #82 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morph201 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Who can dance? Let's see.. I enjoy watching Missey Elliot dance; Beyonce is always nice to look at (although she annoys the hell out of me).. christina aguilera can not only dance but she can SING! (ALL CAPS!)..a beautiful and strong voice! Way back in the 'ol days Janet Jackson was nice to watch dance... And let's not forget Chakira!! WOW!
blink.gif
how does she move her hips like that! I NEVER EVER get chills like that watching Britney or Madonna "try" to dance...

My question was rhetorical. I agree Shakira can certainly dance, as well as Michael Jackson, but I would say, as well as Madonna and Britney, imho.

Beyonce I don't think can dance as well, and I don't think Christina can dance as well either, at least not as well as Britney or Madonna, even though Christina certainly has a much more powerful and beautiful voice compared to them.

Feb 5, 2007 at 9:54 PM Post #83 of 107
Quote:

My question was rethorical. I agree Shakira can certainly dance, as well as Michael Jackson, but I would say, as well as Madonna and Britney, imho.

Beyonce I don't think can dance as well, and I don't think Christina can dance as well either, at least not as well as Britney or Madonna, even though Christina certainly has a much more powerful and beautiful voice compared to them.

yep, Christina's voice is about Mariah Carey's level I'd say. Whitney still kills all the other contemporary divas tho!

Feb 5, 2007 at 9:56 PM Post #85 of 107
Rhetorical or not, I thought it would be fun to list some people... Obviously, that's only my opinion, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. So, I am NOT trying to come across as that being the end all be all of talented dancers.... Although I think Shakira comes VERY close... man I get chills just thinking about that!
wink.gif

Feb 6, 2007 at 1:10 AM Post #86 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yep, Christina's voice is about Mariah Carey's level I'd say. Whitney still kills all the other contemporary divas tho!

The pre-drug pre Bobby Whitney YES!

Christina is on that level though. Listen to "A Voice with-in"

AMY LEE (evanescense) is also amazing but a completely different style but WOW! Listen to anywhere but home (live in paris) CHILLS MAN!

Feb 6, 2007 at 1:15 AM Post #87 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would be very assertive in suggesting that you won't make a good producer if you don't find music enjoyable.

whoops I think you took it the wrong way... What you said above was exactly what I meant lol. I was thinking why you are so demanding, but then thats your career- if you backed some half-assed production or gave into whatever mediocre listening habits you'd totally fall apart personally and professionally.

cheers..

Feb 6, 2007 at 1:23 AM Post #88 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... You remind me of a freshman...

i could not agree more. suddenly your brain learns how to learn and you feel like you've unlocked the key to the world and all of a sudden everything is clear. but there is no clear like the real world post college when you learn that half of what you learned was bogus.

Feb 6, 2007 at 2:38 AM Post #89 of 107
Aman: You have presented a false dilema, that great vocal abilities cannot go with mainstream appeal.

You're saying how if a vocalist (or artist) is sign to a major label, doesn't present him/herself with the starving artist schtick or mix around in the indie scene (too-cool-for-major-audience-recognition), it would mean that he/she is not talented.

I don't think many of us hear follow your logic too well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back