Kelly Clarkson...I'm impressed
Feb 4, 2007 at 8:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 107

oak3x

500+ Head-Fier
With a fairly diversifed collection consisting of: Rock, Blues, Jazz, Dance and Instrumental...I appreciate many different types of music.

Two CD's which I am surprisingly impressed with are Kelly Clarkson's "Breakaway" and "Thankful". While being discovered by American Idol has molded a certain image, the truth is this young girl had demonstrated some beautiful vocal work on her two albums.

Wondering if anybody else feels this way?

Feb 4, 2007 at 8:52 PM Post #2 of 107
Haven't heard either album, but loved, yeah, that's right, loved her radio single Since U Been Gone. It's fun punky pop. I like the breathy raspy intro and the screamin' refrain. I bob my head like Red Bulled-out teen girl when I hear it.
If someone doesn't like it - I'm right here.
wink.gif

Feb 4, 2007 at 9:05 PM Post #3 of 107
Kelly Clarkson is one of my guilty pleasures
tongue.gif

Hey, we all have to break down and enjoy some pop every now and then right?

Feb 4, 2007 at 9:25 PM Post #4 of 107
Manufactured pop garbage like the rest of it... that girl would have landed a record deal at a major label regardless if she won American Idol or not, because she has all the qualities of the other major pop artists that give large American labels a run for their money.

Some may argue that she's the "best" of this group of "artists". Fine, and even if she was the "best", what kind of accomplishment is that? How much does the world's skinniest fat person weigh? Probably a hell of a lot more than the guy in good shape does...

Feb 4, 2007 at 9:49 PM Post #5 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Manufactured pop garbage like the rest of it... that girl would have landed a record deal at a major label regardless if she won American Idol or not, because she has all the qualities of the other major pop artists that give large American labels a run for their money.

Some may argue that she's the "best" of this group of "artists". Fine, and even if she was the "best", what kind of accomplishment is that? How much does the world's skinniest fat person weigh? Probably a hell of a lot more than the guy in good shape does...

Knew a close-minded person would surface, it was only a matter of when. Your ignorant response supports the fact that you obviously don't own the CD, yet feel compelled to voice your opinionated thoughts.

I'm sure your CD collection is comprised of only the best music, and those of us who don't own your selected titles are idiots...

Hail to the King...

Feb 4, 2007 at 9:57 PM Post #6 of 107
It's a shame that people can not at least appreciate the talent in music that they dont like.

I can listen and appreciate any style of music done right when even if it's a genre that I dont listen to or prefer.

You may not prefer blues but if you watch SRV play the Guitar and still say that sucks then you are not a music lover. Learn to look at things for what they are and if it doesnt float your boat dont sink someone elses. NO NEED!

Feb 4, 2007 at 10:04 PM Post #7 of 107
I wasn't to thrilled with the first album, but "Breakaway" is very good. Wonderful vocals and thought out catchy tunes. Pop really needs more artist like her.

Feb 4, 2007 at 10:13 PM Post #8 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by oak3x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Knew a close-minded person would surface, it was only a matter of when. Your ignorant response supports the fact that you obviously don't own the CD, yet feel compelled to voice your opinionated thoughts.

I'm sure your CD collection is comprised of only the best music, and those of us who don't own your selected titles are idiots...

Hail to the King...

He's best left ignored. If anything played on the radio gets the slightest ado, he erupts as faithful as a bitter grandma shooing kids off the grass. It's his own, very predictable, MO.

Sometimes it's best to simply acknowledge his über-lord musical taste and move on.

Feb 4, 2007 at 10:20 PM Post #10 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by oak3x /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hail to the King...

LOL

It's Aman... what were you expecting? The guy gets off on pointing out how musically sophisticated he is, and conversely how musically inept you are if you fail to mention something that is in some way related to free jazz.

Feb 4, 2007 at 10:35 PM Post #12 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aman /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do you do this kind of thing in real life? I mean, say you're at a coffee shop or in class. Some stranger within earshot of you makes the fatal mistake of saying, "Radiohead is the best band in the world" or "I like Kelly Clarkson's music."

Are you just waiting to pounce on them and suddenly burst into the conversation dropping knowledge about Boris or Merzbow?

Please tell me you do this. Because that's what I picture in my head and it's awesome.

Feb 4, 2007 at 11:01 PM Post #13 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by trose49 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's a shame that people can not at least appreciate the talent in music that they dont like.

I can listen and appreciate any style of music done right when even if it's a genre that I dont listen to or prefer.

Kelly gets off lightly. Read the hate for rap on here? lol

[size=xx-small]"But since you been gone
I can breathe for the first time
I'm so movin' on, yeah yeah
Thanks to you, now I get what I want
Since you been gone"[/size]

I like all music except for country and dance. Mrvile is right. We all 'feel' pop at some point lol

Feb 4, 2007 at 11:08 PM Post #14 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by trose49 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You may not prefer blues but if you watch SRV play the Guitar and still say that sucks then you are not a music lover. Learn to look at things for what they are and if it doesnt float your boat dont sink someone elses. NO NEED!

Well put my friend...as well as the rest of the responses in this thread. There is music I don't particularly care for, but certainly does not imply that it isn't good or the artist isn't talented.

Music is a form of art, in which different styles appeal to different tastes...

Feb 4, 2007 at 11:22 PM Post #15 of 107
Quote:

that girl would have landed a record deal at a major label regardless if she won American Idol or not, because she has all the qualities of the other major pop artists that give large American labels a run for their money.

Chubby and plain?
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back