KEF new headphones!
Jun 20, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #166 of 685
Quote:

Well for me it's not about "permission," but buying a new headphone is an investment, and if I don't like it and end up selling it I lose some money. So if I can't hear it in person, at least it would be useful to read other people's reviews, and while graphs obviously don't tell the whole story, at least I can see whether it's the kind of sound signature I would want.

Quite right, and I wasn't referring to you when I made that comment. I just think we all have different tastes and different criteria for what constitutes a good headphone sound. Many of the headphones I ended up loving in the long term were panned by the so called "experts", who probably listened for a couple of hours at most, then moved on to the next item on the agenda.

Jun 20, 2013 at 5:34 PM Post #167 of 685
I'm just waiting until someone compares them to Triple Fi-10s.  Most likely I'll get a set anyway, but I'm curious about comparisons.  Of course what the tester listens to, and through what, will make a difference as well.  

Jun 20, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #168 of 685
Quote:
I'm just waiting until someone compares them to Triple Fi-10s.  Most likely I'll get a set anyway, but I'm curious about comparisons.  Of course what the tester listens to, and through what, will make a difference as well.  

I am very interested in such comparison as well! I owned the TF10 and love them so much, until I lost them a while ago....
frown.gif

The M200 looks interesting indeed, but it is strange that it doesn't get as much coverage as the M500. Looking at mcook1970's review, I guess I might just go to the store and try them out myself.

Jun 21, 2013 at 1:35 PM Post #169 of 685
Guys, I just got them in the mail!!!

My impressions are similar to beagle's. They sound very clear and pretty much neutral, theres just a veeery slight upper bass/ lower mids hump. They do definitely sound different with each track and man, the bass sometimes is out of this world. Isolation is very good also.

Jun 21, 2013 at 4:06 PM Post #174 of 685
Jun 21, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #176 of 685
Ok. First impressions:

Comfort-Wonderful for short listening, but they hurt for longer sessions, just be because they're on ear and they're brand new. Clamp is just right.

Isolation-Nice, no complaints

Build- Nice, wonderful actually.

Concerns- Only one problem, and this will suck for some people, is the microfonics. Rubbing the cord at lower volumes isn't a pleasant exp, and any touch on the headphones will produce some sound. The cord is a little thin.

Sound- I shouldn't write anything on the sound really, its too early. But I guess I could say something. The sound is pretty much neutral, though having a veeeery small bump in the upper bass/lower midrange area. The highs thankfully aren't recessed, and the bass is absolutely perfect quantity wise. Like beagle said, the quantity of bass depends entirely on the recording. Some are bass light, some bass heavy.

Quality wise, I won't give many impressions. I'll say they're very clear and airy sounding (compared to other portables in this price range). The soundstage is pretty damn good for an on ear too.

Only good things! Against the ws99, 1r, etc, well, that'll have to wait for another time.

Jun 21, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #177 of 685
Quote:
Ok. First impressions:

Comfort-Wonderful for short listening, but they hurt for longer sessions, just be because they're on ear and they're brand new. Clamp is just right.

Isolation-Nice, no complaints

Build- Nice, wonderful actually.

Concerns- Only one problem, and this will suck for some people, is the microfonics. Rubbing the cord at lower volumes isn't a pleasant exp, and any touch on the headphones will produce some sound. The cord is a little thin.

Sound- I shouldn't write anything on the sound really, its too early. But I guess I could say something. The sound is pretty much neutral, though having a veeeery small bump in the upper bass/lower midrange area. The highs thankfully aren't recessed, and the bass is absolutely perfect quantity wise. Like beagle said, the quantity of bass depends entirely on the recording. Some are bass light, some bass heavy.

Quality wise, I won't give many impressions. I'll say they're very clear and airy sounding (compared to other portables in this price range). The soundstage is pretty damn good for an on ear too.

Only good things! Against the ws99, 1r, etc, well, that'll have to wait for another time.

Good initial impressions. Can't wait to read how you feel they stack up against the WS99. 
beerchug.gif

Jun 21, 2013 at 5:28 PM Post #178 of 685
Beagle, How do you feel these compare to the Paradigm H15? Thanks. 

Jun 21, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #179 of 685
The H15 is not as neutral as the M500. H15 has a bit of a warm zone in the upper bass/lower midrange (a bit similar to the Yamaha PRO500) and it's treble is rather laid back, in comparison to the M500.

My current three favourite on-ear phones are the H15, M500 and MartinLogan Mikros 90. Three totally different sounds which I all like.

Jun 21, 2013 at 10:39 PM Post #180 of 685
Thanks, I'm probably going to order the Kef.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back