KEF new headphones!
May 8, 2013 at 4:46 AM Post #76 of 685
too bad. by the way, i got the d340 and absolutely hate them. all about treble, no sub bass at all. i return them today. not to mention that these are huge!

May 8, 2013 at 9:03 AM Post #77 of 685
Quote:
too bad. by the way, i got the d340 and absolutely hate them. all about treble, no sub bass at all. i return them today. not to mention that these are huge!

D340 are not bassy headphones.  I did not find the treble to be above average.  In fact, I like them more than Sony 1R.  What sources did you use?  Are you playing low bitrate MP3s?

May 8, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #78 of 685
itunes store 256 kbit aac straight out of e7 on macbook and iphone 5. my sources and material are good enough for high end ciem, so it should be just right for midfi headphones.

May 13, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #81 of 685
not yet, but i gave them a listen at the high end show in munich last weekend. all i can say, that these are best built headphones i have ever seen and the most comfortable also. too bad, that for soundimpressions it was to loud at the show.

May 13, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #82 of 685
Quote:
not yet, but i gave them a listen at the high end show in munich last weekend. all i can say, that these are best built headphones i have ever seen and the most comfortable also. too bad, that for soundimpressions it was to loud at the show.

That sounds promising.

The images shown on their website does make them looks like plastic, but from some of the actual product photos, it looks like they really are metal. Is that really so?

May 28, 2013 at 5:53 PM Post #86 of 685
Quote:
KEF is a chinese owned company and produces most speakers in China, including the LS50. I don't think the country of origin determines the quality these days.

true... but all the development & design for Speakers is still done in UK.... just down the road from me in Maidstone, where KEF built its worldwide reputation for quality hi-end equipment, credit where credit is due.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back