KEF new headphones!
Apr 30, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #47 of 685
And also compared to the AKG K167
smily_headphones1.gif

The entire Tiesto line review is scheduled for release on my YT channel next month.

Apr 30, 2013 at 2:21 PM Post #49 of 685
Eye catching design, i love it. 
I hope they are as good as the speakers. 

Apr 30, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #50 of 685
hope you do a review instead of yet another unboxing vid.

Jeff at TONEAudio will have a full review. I will give my opinion on how it stacks up against others in my collection. Like the Sony 1R as requested. I think seeing the headphones in video will add value to someone's buying decisions. :)

Apr 30, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #53 of 685
May 3, 2013 at 5:01 AM Post #58 of 685
Quote:
Great, how is the isolation and comfort ? Do you like them better than P5 ?

Yes I prefer them to the P5. Isolation is good, the "racetrack" earpads seem to work well. My colleague tried them on and played quite loud it was barely audible. I love the comfort, bizarrely I love when you first put them on and the pads are cold, it then appears that the cushions mold with the heat of your ears and it feels all cosey. My only gripe is that if you bend over to get something from the floor, they will fall off your head!

May 3, 2013 at 11:12 AM Post #59 of 685
Quote:
Yes I prefer them to the P5. Isolation is good, the "racetrack" earpads seem to work well. My colleague tried them on and played quite loud it was barely audible. I love the comfort, bizarrely I love when you first put them on and the pads are cold, it then appears that the cushions mold with the heat of your ears and it feels all cosey. My only gripe is that if you bend over to get something from the floor, they will fall off your head!

Don't like the idea of them falling off if tipping head down! Don't sound like a great idea for "on the go".

May 3, 2013 at 12:53 PM Post #60 of 685
Quote:
Don't like the idea of them falling off if tipping head down! Don't sound like a great idea for "on the go".

Agreed.

I have the P5s and admit that they are not that great sonically. However, they are quite adequate for portable use. I mean, there's no way the P5s could fall off my head (in any situation!) and their passive noise canceling capabilities are very handy on crowded streets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back