KEF M500/M200 Impressions Thread
Apr 25, 2014 at 8:04 PM Post #901 of 1,358

Apart from the 7550 being more balanced, they should hold their own very well, particularly in the mids and highs.

The M200's bass is a tad overdone and benefits from a light seal (or front vent mod). They won't beat the 7550 in that regard.

For those who think the bass is too much, why don't you just use an EQ to tone down the bass? Yes, I'm a newbie, so might be a stupid q.

Apr 25, 2014 at 8:16 PM Post #902 of 1,358

For those who think the bass is too much, why don't you just use an EQ to tone down the bass? Yes, I'm a newbie, so might be a stupid q.

I'm mainly using them out of an iphone with the standard music app so EQ control is rough at best.  Also I found the EQing it down decreases the slam/impact/quality as well as the overall level of bass so that's another annoyance.

I think some are just against EQ in general also.  But those are my reasons and part of why my M200s are probably going back or onto FS.

Apr 26, 2014 at 12:52 AM Post #903 of 1,358

Not a stupid question at all. My main reason being that I use my IEMs with different sources, which all have varying implementations of EQ (and some none at all). So if an issue can be resolved by a simple mod of the earphone itself, I prefer that solution, since it gives me a consistant result across all sources.

That said, I'm not opposed to EQ, for those cases where it's the only feasible solution.

May 1, 2014 at 1:35 PM Post #904 of 1,358
Hi there,

When changing my ear buds to Comply Foam ones (which are very tight) I noticed that for one of my KEF 200 earphones this
metal cylinders pushes inwards.. the other one is alright, it seems you can just push it back and forth, not sure if intended.

However, it's very annoying since it's hard to put earbuds onto it and also hard to get out again - does anyone know how to fix this or had the same issue?

May 2, 2014 at 1:01 PM Post #905 of 1,358
@Metalomaniac, I'm using vmoda bliss tips (large, clear), and loving them on the m200's (and on my h200's for that matter). $5 for 4 pairs. Really comfortable. Great seal. Beautiful sound!

Shipping is $5 to Maryland, so $10 for me.  I ordered them anyway; curious to see if they sound better than stock.

May 8, 2014 at 8:57 AM Post #906 of 1,358
Just got my M500's in Sydney today. I'm chuffed. The build quality is phenomenal. Brushed steel look. It's actually made of aluminium. Discreet and futuristic looking at the same time. They're about the most comfy hp's I've put on (lightweight, low clamping force, very soft earpads).

The sound- well worth the money in itself. The highs are well defined and quite airy for a closed can. The lows are equally well defined and punch well.

These are a real work of art. . I love em
beyersmile.png

May 16, 2014 at 2:52 PM Post #908 of 1,358
  Shipping is $5 to Maryland, so $10 for me.  I ordered them anyway; curious to see if they sound better than stock.

I got the V-Moda Bliss 3.0 tips and they are indeed better than stock.  Thanks, Waynes World!

May 16, 2014 at 6:55 PM Post #909 of 1,358
  I got the V-Moda Bliss 3.0 tips and they are indeed better than stock.  Thanks, Waynes World!

Cool! I find those tips to work very well on a few different iems. They are inexpensive, soft, comfy and provide a good seal.

But it looks like we're now both interested in those spirals for the M200's!

May 28, 2014 at 2:49 PM Post #910 of 1,358
I like the V-Moda Bliss 3.0 tips, but I think they seal too well so the bass is too strong and there isn't enough air in the sound.  Any other tip recommendations?

Aug 23, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #912 of 1,358
I didn't like the case that came with the M500, because it seemed that it almost required marring the bead-blasted aluminum earpieces when folding them in because they can easily scrape against each other. Here's an alternative: the GOcase F2 Headphone Case. Price is $59.95. You can get it from Amazon or directly from GOcase.  

Fits the M500 perfectly when the earpieces are rotated to be flat (not folded in). The cable will fit in the removable zippered case that velcros to the case.  A bonus is that my Meridian Explorer (with cable and the supplied sleeve) fits between the earpieces, as you can see in the third picture. Much nicer and higher-quality solution than the KEF case, IMHO. You don't have to change the sizing of the headphone when putting it in the case and there's no risk of metal-metal contact. Easier to carry, too, because it's flatter than the KEF case and has a handle, as you can see in the fourth picture (which is from GOcase's site).

Aug 27, 2014 at 12:07 AM Post #915 of 1,358
Crazy! They retail at 350 and 250 $CAN respectively.
I wasn't interested at all by the M200. Now I'm am!

Stupid good deals. And costco is great with returns if required as well.

I particularly like the m500's - more people should have them :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back