Keep my Verite Open or sell for Arya SE?
May 31, 2022 at 8:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Guinibee

100+ Head-Fier
Hey all!

I have a Verite Open that I really like, but I also have a pair of Atriums and prefer those. I just noticed that headphones.com has the Arya Stealth on sale for $1299 new. I could probably get $1800+ for the VO so I figured maybe sell the VO, grab an Arya, pocket the difference? This also gets me a planar to pair with my Atrium.

How's the Arya compare to the VO? Are there many QC issues these days with Arya Stealth?

May 31, 2022 at 9:03 AM Post #2 of 11
The Arya doesn't really compare with the Verite for tonality, timbre, and overall naturalness. But for certain genres, it's a great headphone.

Soundstage is fairly wide and it really disappears on your head, something the Verite never does.

May 31, 2022 at 9:07 AM Post #3 of 11
The Arya doesn't really compare with the Verite for tonality, timbre, and overall naturalness. But for certain genres, it's a great headphone.

Soundstage is fairly wide and it really disappears on your head, something the Verite never does.
Ok nice! The Atrium also has a great stage, that's why I figured I'd pair VO and Atrium. I'm leaning towards keeping my VO, but was wondering what the community thought.

Also would be a bit of a hassle to sell these... Seems like the higher end headphones are not selling very fast lately.

May 31, 2022 at 9:08 AM Post #4 of 11
It seems your interest in Arya was only sparked by the sale so I wouldn't recommend selling your Verite just to get that on a whim. I would recommend holding on to your Verite since you only just gotten the Atrium. Despite both being ZMF and warm sounding they are actually very different sounding and your preference may change if given more time.

May 31, 2022 at 9:10 AM Post #5 of 11
I wouldn't give up a VO for the Arya. But if you do, Apos is giving a free Flow cable with purchase.

May 31, 2022 at 12:52 PM Post #6 of 11
It seems your interest in Arya was only sparked by the sale so I wouldn't recommend selling your Verite just to get that on a whim. I would recommend holding on to your Verite since you only just gotten the Atrium. Despite both being ZMF and warm sounding they are actually very different sounding and your preference may change if given more time.
Yeah that's a good point and I noticed this as well. They sound quite different. VO is almost like how I remember my Focal Clear sounding, but a warmer more detailed version. Atrium is quite unique. More spacious and nutty bass.

I think the two pair well together, that's why I got them both. Only issue I have with VO is it's used. Got it from someone who got it from someone else. They're from 2019. I am not sure how close to the original VO these are, like how used the driver is. The wood has a few marks, but not that bad. I suppose I could always reach out to ZMF to see what they can do to help. Big plus is the service you get with ZMF!

May 31, 2022 at 1:41 PM Post #7 of 11
Get an HE6SE V2. If you have enough amp, it will be a nice compliment to your other cans. $599 to $699 plus shipping and import duties. I haven't heard the Arya but from what I read the HE6SE will stomp it flat.

May 31, 2022 at 1:56 PM Post #8 of 11
Get an HE6SE V2. If you have enough amp, it will be a nice compliment to your other cans. $599 to $699 plus shipping and import duties. I haven't heard the Arya but from what I read the HE6SE will stomp it flat.
Good call, I've heard it's pretty solid too. I have a Jotunheim 2 and a Quicksilver head amp. Both of those are quite powerful so should be able to power it. Only thing... I've heard that QC from Adorama is a bit questionable for those headphones. Is that true?

May 31, 2022 at 1:58 PM Post #9 of 11
Good call, I've heard it's pretty solid too. I have a Jotunheim 2 and a Quicksilver head amp. Both of those are quite powerful so should be able to power it. Only thing... I've heard that QC from Adorama is a bit questionable for those headphones. Is that true?
Oh wait, that was MY Quicksilver! Yeah, should be powerful enough for the HE6SE--there are some listed here in Classifieds, one with the grill mod and one without.

May 31, 2022 at 3:04 PM Post #10 of 11
You need about 10W at 50 ohms to be able to drive them unquestionably well. It's not a firm figure but it's what I can tell based on my amp and what I'm reading from other guys.

Adorama doesn't make them, Hifiman packages for them. If you buy directly from Hifiman you will probably get an Adorama box. Hifiman QC is a problem but they will replace them if you complain... hopefully you won't have to.

May 31, 2022 at 4:58 PM Post #11 of 11
Oh wait, that was MY Quicksilver! Yeah, should be powerful enough for the HE6SE--there are some listed here in Classifieds, one with the grill mod and one without.
LOL sure is! Absolutely love this amp man! Powers both ZMFs so well! Such a good sound!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back