Keep B&O A8 or get PK2??
Jun 18, 2008 at 7:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

coolchu001

100+ Head-Fier
I just got a pair of B&O a week ago and I have been listening to them for quite some time now. These sound pretty good and sound is clear. However, I can still return these...

I have been reading about the Yuin earphones and it seems that the PK2 is an awesome pair of earphones.

Has anyone listened to both of these before?

Also I don't really mind the bland look (yeah...the A8 looks a million times more expensive) of the PK2, but how is the quality?? I want something that will last for at least a year or so. Have anyone had these PK2 for a long period of time?

Jun 18, 2008 at 11:36 AM Post #2 of 7
With good care, Yuin can last much more than a year. The most important thing about them is to take care of the cable. If you like you music to be warm and lively, PK2 is a good choice (cheaper too). You should also look into the new OK2/3 as some reviews said they are even better than the old PK series.

Jun 18, 2008 at 11:48 AM Post #3 of 7
coolchu001:

I have the B&O, PK2 and PK3. Sound-wise, I prefer the Yuins to the B&O hands down. To me, the PK3 sounds better than the A8. Comfort-wise, I prefer ear buds, unless you really like the ear loops on the B&O

Yuins are a breed apart as they provide a fairly accurate sound for the money. There are many earphones in this price range that may boost the bass or treble and therefore have the "wow" effect when you first try them on, but on further listening, you might be straining to try and hear vocals or some other detail.

To me, the PK2 has more detail than the PK3, but the PK3 has a little more kick in the bass department that makes listening to, say Rap or Trance, more fun. Both the PK2 and PK3 have more detail and low end oomph than the A8.

The downsides to the Yuins - they will never be sold in an Apple store because they look rather ordinary, but to me that's a bonus as it deters theft.

Jun 18, 2008 at 5:27 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by trickywombat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
coolchu001:

I have the B&O, PK2 and PK3. Sound-wise, I prefer the Yuins to the B&O hands down. To me, the PK3 sounds better than the A8. Comfort-wise, I prefer ear buds, unless you really like the ear loops on the B&O

Yuins are a breed apart as they provide a fairly accurate sound for the money. There are many earphones in this price range that may boost the bass or treble and therefore have the "wow" effect when you first try them on, but on further listening, you might be straining to try and hear vocals or some other detail.

To me, the PK2 has more detail than the PK3, but the PK3 has a little more kick in the bass department that makes listening to, say Rap or Trance, more fun. Both the PK2 and PK3 have more detail and low end oomph than the A8.

The downsides to the Yuins - they will never be sold in an Apple store because they look rather ordinary, but to me that's a bonus as it deters theft.

Thanks for the reply, I think I will return these A8 and get a pair of PK3 since I listen to stuff with bass.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back