Keep ATH-A900's after getting AD2000's?
May 17, 2008 at 2:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Fetou

100+ Head-Fier
Right now I have a set of A900s directly connected to my X-Fi. If I get the AD2000's, is there any reason not to sell the A900s? I never travel with them, so I don't need to cancel a huge amount of sound.

I do game competitively however, and I've heard that closed headphones can be preferable for gaming. Which headphone would be better at positioning? Would the amount of sound leaked etc. harm precision?

If there is a really good reason to keep these, I will. I would love to get some extra money towards the purchase of the AD2k's though.

May 17, 2008 at 3:54 PM Post #2 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fetou /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Right now I have a set of A900s directly connected to my X-Fi. If I get the AD2000's, is there any reason not to sell the A900s? I never travel with them, so I don't need to cancel a huge amount of sound.

I do game competitively however, and I've heard that closed headphones can be preferable for gaming. Which headphone would be better at positioning? Would the amount of sound leaked etc. harm precision?

If there is a really good reason to keep these, I will. I would love to get some extra money towards the purchase of the AD2k's though.

Unless you are going to LAN parties in which closed headphones would be better, the AD2k's will own the A900.

May 17, 2008 at 4:34 PM Post #4 of 7
So pretty much would you say in a quiet environment open headphones are just as good as closed headphones at precision sound gaming? I'm talking about hearing footsteps and small movements crucial in competitive play for positioning. If the only real difference is isolation, I think I should sell these A900's.

May 17, 2008 at 6:52 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fetou /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Closed headphones are nice at lans because they help cancel out some of the noise from the environment. If you're not going to travel with them, it'll just come down to your preference. More a question of are the AD2k's worth what you paid/are the A900s worth it, to you, to keep even after owning AD2ks.

I've no clue on which has better positioning for gaming.

May 18, 2008 at 12:05 AM Post #7 of 7
Anybody have any info on which would be better for positioning in games? If the AD2k is just as good, consider these A900s sold
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for the info so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back