Ke$ha, this passes for music these days?
Jan 12, 2010 at 11:52 PM Post #46 of 63
Worse, everyone knows Thriller the album by Michael Jackson and Quincy Jones, right?

The 25th anniversary edition has a new take on 'Beat It' with vocals by Fergie of the Black Eyed Peas and a distorted guitar. Now the Black Eyed Peas are O.K., especially for their earlier work but why in heavens name commit sacrilige on one of the best pop songs ever? What where they thinking?! MJ was one of the best in those days and Quincy Jones accompagnied him with great artists like Van Halen. That track is just perfect! I am very happy not to posses that Thriller edition.

Jan 13, 2010 at 12:18 AM Post #47 of 63
i hate this song

but i gotta admit, a lot of top 40 music (including this one) is quite catchy =D

and to the person posting up savage garden... HEY, I LIKE THEM

lol

Jan 13, 2010 at 12:31 AM Post #48 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Foshizzle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just saw her on Conan O' Brien and she was acting drunk or something, looked her up on youtube and it just got worse.

Was that the show with Robin Tunney? I am sorry but I was too distracted by Robin's clip to bother with Ke$ha.

Jan 13, 2010 at 12:51 AM Post #50 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by soundboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Was that the show with Robin Tunney? I am sorry but I was too distracted by Robin's clip to bother with Ke$ha.

I believe it was, Robin was indeed looking stunning.

Jan 13, 2010 at 1:01 AM Post #51 of 63
Quote:

In that case, I can say the Beatles, Metallica and Eagles are all utter garbage, and their music offends me, so be it, I don't care. Would you like this to go on?

Although I'm not the person you were responding to, I'm not sure why anyone would really care. Any artist with national/international name recognition will have some haters who think their music is garbage. I'm sure there are people who think the Beatles are garbage. I like the Beatles, but it doesn't really bother me if they have haters.

My beef is that there ARE a TON of immensely talented artists that can't make it anymore because nobody wants to back an artist that isn't a safe bet (i.e. has mass appeal). I think a lot of the historical greats would never have gotten signed in today's climate.

Jan 13, 2010 at 1:02 AM Post #52 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
. Ke$ha is far better than anything popular in Korea, Japan, or Taiwan.

With respect (as you are a local in Korea), I simply must disagree.
Off the top of my head (from a foreigners perspective of course).

This is sticking to the complete mainstream
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

I'm going to go ahead and say that Kpop and Jpop is some of the best overproduced "visual package only" tripe (although I think Utada is legitimately an artist) on the planet and is much better than what is popular in many, many countries, particularly the stuff pumped out by Big Bang in Korea.

The difference between Jpop, Kpop and American pop is that there's actually decent music disguised behind awful singers out there whereas western pop is tired and old and is the same thing recycled since 2001.

Heck, for the sake of it here's a song designed to advertise a cellphone comercial from Korea which is better than stuff on mainstream radio here (ignoring Australia's Triple J which is legitimately an excellent station that plays good accessible music).

Now, if you're used to the whole plastic surgery, pump out a good song with an awful group thing from Korea (which I am sure you are), it must get old fast. Is it better than what is heard on the radio in america and Australia? Absolutely. Here's my impression of 90% of australian radio: "Deep" piano songs (Overusing the chord progressions I-V-vi-IV for example) and pop songs that rely on sexual innuendos to be popular with the 14 yearold girl demographic.

At least I can get to more than 5 pop artists whose music I can respect (if I cant respect them) from Japan/Korea alone, and yet I would honestly not get higher than 3 in the past 10 years for australia if I stuck to total mainstream.

90s pop music in australia and america was so much better than the 00s and to be honest, I think korea and japan have got it down to an artform

Here's a song from one of the bigger Australian groups at the moment, and I am pretty sure this song in particular was a big hit.

Frankly you sell your country's pop-industry short.

Pop music is dead and asia is it's last hope (and yes, I'm aware some of the korean stuff I linked had some dodgy innuendo).

:dons flame suit:

Jan 13, 2010 at 2:25 AM Post #53 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by ph0rk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Chances are if the kids today like something and you can't stand it, you're too old.

It is just a thinly veiled outcry about the younger types staying off your lawn.

I guess I've been too old for a few years now.

On an unrelated note, I can't wait to graduate High School this year. It's definitely going to be way different to be out of the house when I head out to attend Michigan Tech.

Jan 13, 2010 at 2:31 AM Post #54 of 63
Quote:

Chances are if the kids today like something and you can't stand it, you're too old.

It is just a thinly veiled outcry about the younger types staying off your lawn.

I've been this way since I was 14. I guess I was pretty much born old :/

Jan 13, 2010 at 2:38 AM Post #55 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by nealric /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been this way since I was 14. I guess I was pretty much born old :/

me too
bigsmile_face.gif
For me at least, I consider music "good" if it has one or all of these characteristics: 1.Talented musicians( how well the play a certain instrument), 2. Well written or thought out lyrics(are they singing about dancing at a club or are they actually putting thought and time into what there writing about), and 3. Vocals(Do you like or dislike the lead singers voice or singing style). LadaGaGA and Ke$ha, etc. don't express any of the above characteristics of "good" music in my book.

Jan 13, 2010 at 2:50 AM Post #56 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3602 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In that case, I can say the Beatles, Metallica and Eagles are all utter garbage, and their music offends me, so be it, I don't care. Would you like this to go on?

Yeah, you can say that as much as you like. But make your own thread about it, okay? This thread is obviously about how the guy doesn't like Kesha. So, if you're going to be offended by people not liking her, and whatnot, than why did you click on this thread in the first place? That's like going to some KKK forums, and than getting pissed because they're being racist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back