KB EAR Audio impressions thread
Dec 4, 2020 at 10:54 PM Post #721 of 2,441
Hi friends, KB EAR Audio impressions thread will hold a draw activity for our headfi followers during 12.12! Detailed information will be kept updated! Please follow up! :beerchug:

jumping headfi.jpeg

Dec 4, 2020 at 11:10 PM Post #722 of 2,441
Hi friends, KB EAR Audio impressions thread will hold a draw activity for our headfi followers during 12.12! Detailed information will be kept updated! Please follow up! :beerchug:

jumping headfi.jpeg

I have a request. Please do not make Facebook required for the draw. For example, “go to Facebook and follow us”, or “Like our post on Facebook”. Because not everyone in the world uses Facebook!

Dec 5, 2020 at 12:39 AM Post #725 of 2,441
Took delivery of my Lark, Rhyme and Through cables yesterday, still burning in. Initial impression of Lark - neutral / balanced signature with perhaps a slight treble lift. I ditched the supplied cable immediately. Very nice packaging and case. Lots of tips. I used some generic foam tips.

Using the 2.5mm balanced output from a Fiio BTR5, I notice a very clean, slightly dry sound with a less than average note weight. The bass is very quick with minimal rumble, rolling off towards the sub bass region. It is present when called for but allows the rest of the range to come forward. Mid range is clear with no discernible colouration. Treble is at the upper limit of being comfortable for me but transparent with impressive separation and air. Soundstage is wider than average but not particularly high or deep.

I tried the Rhyme first but the treble was little too crisp. The Through gave me a smoother but still clear sound. For fun I tried a Satin Audio Athena 8 wire SPC and was surprised by the Lark's ability to provide a blacker background, more defined attack and decay and a sweeter female vocal.

At first listen this reminded me of the ER4XR or perhaps the Cayin YB04. Not bad company to keep!

Dec 5, 2020 at 12:54 AM Post #726 of 2,441
Took delivery of my Lark, Rhyme and Through cables yesterday, still burning in. Initial impression of Lark - neutral / balanced signature with perhaps a slight treble lift. I ditched the supplied cable immediately. Very nice packaging and case. Lots of tips. I used some generic foam tips.

Using the 2.5mm balanced output from a Fiio BTR5, I notice a very clean, slightly dry sound with a less than average note weight. The bass is very quick with minimal rumble, rolling off towards the sub bass region. It is present when called for but allows the rest of the range to come forward. Mid range is clear with no discernible colouration. Treble is at the upper limit of being comfortable for me but transparent with impressive separation and air. Soundstage is wider than average but not particularly high or deep.

I tried the Rhyme first but the treble was little too crisp. The Through gave me a smoother but still clear sound. For fun I tried a Satin Audio Athena 8 wire SPC and was surprised by the Lark's ability to provide a blacker background, more defined attack and decay and a sweeter female vocal.

At first listen this reminded me of the ER4XR or perhaps the Cayin YB04. Not bad company to keep!

Thanks for the impressions. Is yours the 4 Khz version of the Lark, which we shall christian as L4RK? Or the retuned version?

I foresee there's gonna be a lot of confusion when impressions and reviews come out cause from what I know, the 2 versions look identical externally.

Dec 5, 2020 at 1:10 AM Post #727 of 2,441
Thanks for the impressions. Is yours the 4 Khz version of the Lark, which we shall christian as L4RK? Or the retuned version?

I foresee there's gonna be a lot of confusion when impressions and reviews come out cause from what I know, the 2 versions look identical externally.
I was told by @WendyLi that my version is the retuned version. I don't know if there is any packaging or contents that differ between the two? I suspect not.

Dec 5, 2020 at 10:40 AM Post #728 of 2,441
Extract from product description on Amazon:

Technical Parameters
Model: KBEAR Believe
Unit: pure beryllium diaphragm dynamic driver (imported from Japan)
That's assuring. Thank you.

Dec 5, 2020 at 10:50 PM Post #729 of 2,441
anyone could compare this to the newest IEM by NF Audio NM2+?

Dec 5, 2020 at 11:50 PM Post #730 of 2,441

jumping headfi.jpeg
Who shall I follow? Is it possible to provide links here? Kind of new to this page....

Dec 5, 2020 at 11:52 PM Post #731 of 2,441
Dec 6, 2020 at 12:12 AM Post #732 of 2,441
Dec 6, 2020 at 8:28 PM Post #735 of 2,441
Just received my BE-LIEVE .. are people just using the included tips & cables initially? Any other tips/cables recommendations. What is the recommended typical break-in period for these .. 100 hours?

kbear.jpg

Thanks!
Wide consensus ear tips so far is the original spiral dots. As for break-in it's dependant , I see your desktop amp...break -in should be faster😆

Users who are viewing this thread

Back