KB EAR Audio impressions thread
Dec 14, 2019 at 11:37 AM Post #106 of 2,441
New review on the Tri i4, check it out.

http://audiorealviews.site/index.php/2019/12/14/tri-i4-realview/
DSC00293-scaled.jpg

Dec 15, 2019 at 12:59 AM Post #107 of 2,441
Knight video is out

Porta fi, got the review bang on, on the knight.
I got mine in the lucky bag from EE Audio Store, on AliExpress,bso got them at 10 bucks :).
The bass is tight, but not heavy, sub bass is kinda lost. Vocals were good, and one place i beg to differ with Paul is the treble. These are not so heavy on treble, like the Tin T3. In all, these are good earbuds for the price.

Dec 16, 2019 at 10:45 PM Post #108 of 2,441
Got my hands on a pair of KB Ear Diamond's a few days ago. They are beta's so slightly different from release from what I understand. So far I've very impressed by them. I've only used them for a few hours but the sound is quite good. I look forward to spending more time with them in the coming days and really testing them out. They provide a intimate experience which I appreciate.

Dec 22, 2019 at 11:55 AM Post #114 of 2,441
My thoughts on the KB Ear Knight:

This is a decent budget earbud. For around $12USD, you are getting a unique design and a clear sound.

Bass is light, mids are touch forward and there is a bit of sparkle in the highs. This can get a tad fatiguing after longer use, as it is tuned to be brighter than warm. They can also be sibilant with some songs. Soundstage provides good space.

Build quality is favorable for this price range. They feel easy in the ears regardless if they are worn down or over the ear.

Overall the KB Ear Knight is a different earbud, both in looks and sound tuning. It is for those who enjoy mids and upper range, but are not looking to spend a lot.

P1120049.jpg

P1120050.jpg

P1120052.jpg

--

Dec 22, 2019 at 2:43 PM Post #115 of 2,441
I have been listening to the KB Ear Knight all day today, really am enjoying them listening to this

Dec 30, 2019 at 2:43 PM Post #116 of 2,441
Been listening to the Diamond for the last few days and felt it was time to drop some first impressions.

Packaging/Accessories I'm one of few who actually care about packaging since it sets my first impressions and reflects on the sort of respect a company will give it's products and customers. Doesn't mean it has to be flashy and packed to the gills with stuff, just well thought out. The Diamond fits into that category with an easy to open box that displays most of the included goodies front and centre once opened, except the cable and some extra tips which are tucked inside the case that is protected inside another, smaller cardboard box. You get lots of tips too (2x foam, 2x s/m/l single flange), though they're somewhat redundant. It would have been nice if there was a little more variety in shape/style. Overall a positive unboxing experience.

Build/Comfort The first pictures I saw of the Diamond had me thinking KZ AS10/CCA C16 in terms of shell design. I was fine with that since they fit well and were comfortable, if not a bit bulky. Now that I have the Diamond in hand, the shape is still very KZ-esque, but smaller and not as deep, heavier (metal vs. plastic), and with a nozzle angle that leads to a more natural fit. Minus a few very minor blemishes in the coating on the top of each housing, they look fantastic. The carbon fibre faceplates look excellent and each component part of the build, four in total I think (faceplate, main body, and a two piece nozzle system), fit together tightly and with minimal seams. Only time will tell, but for now the build seems to be rock solid. The stock braided cable is quite nice too, reminding me of those from HiFiHear. It is flexible and light with a useful chin cinch and preformed ear guides, something I always appreciate. Strain relief is lacking completely at the y-split and minimal at the straight jack, but the numerous strands feel durable enough to make this less of a concern than it is on a more traditional cable. Isolation also seems excellent for a dynamic driver only iem, but I'll need to give that a more thorough run down before the final review.

Sound Given the early release content I had read, I had a good idea of what to expect from the Diamond prior to giving it a listen and I wasn't surprised. "Safe" is the word I'd use to describe the tune. Lots of bass that digs very deep and is well textured. Mids that could stand to be a bit more forward but remain clear and coherent. Timbre that comes across accurate-ish, if not a hint light, bright, and dry. Treble that is well extended but rolled off up to giving the Diamond a dry and detailed, but not fatiguing presentation, with just a hint of sparkle. Control could be a touch improved as cymbals display some looseness and splashiness, though it's nothing extreme and well in line with the price tag. Sound stage isn't particularly large or airy with giving off a very much "in-the-head" feel. I'm fine with that if imaging is great, and so far the Diamond seems to be. The small stage does lead to it sounding somewhat congested with busy tracks though, as instrument separation and layering aren't outstanding. With more laid back and chill music full of low and slow basslines, the Diamond is definitely something I could see myself pulling out for long listening sessions.

Final Thoughts So Far While the tune is a bit too bassy and mid-light for my tastes, this is absolutely something I could see the majority eating up since it pairs so well with pop, hip hop, rap, etc. Add to that an attractive design, good ergonomics, and a sub-100 price tag and the Diamond is doing a lot more right than wrong. Looking forward to spending more time with it leading up to the final review.

IMG_2319.JPG IMG_2338.JPG

Dec 31, 2019 at 5:56 AM Post #117 of 2,441
Thank you for your straight impressions on these. I have ordered one, from EE Audio Store on AliExpress, thanks to Belar giving a 'FAN Discounted' price of 70 bucks (Store seems to be running this campaign currently).
The treble not being harsh, is what got me, as am sensitive to treble being overtly sparkly.
Hope i like them, and not be stranded with them.
Thanks again.

Jan 1, 2020 at 2:14 PM Post #118 of 2,441
Thank you for your straight impressions on these. I have ordered one, from EE Audio Store on AliExpress, thanks to Belar giving a 'FAN Discounted' price of 70 bucks (Store seems to be running this campaign currently).
The treble not being harsh, is what got me, as am sensitive to treble being overtly sparkly.
Hope i like them, and not be stranded with them.
Thanks again.

I don't think too many will be disappointed with these. Hope you enjoy them!

Jan 5, 2020 at 5:44 AM Post #120 of 2,441
KBear Diamond Review and unboxing

Order from EE Audio Store and they will offer it to you for $70USD (Contact Belar as very friendly person)

I got the final product from them as to do a review.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back