KB EAR Audio impressions thread
Aug 2, 2021 at 3:46 AM Post #1,891 of 2,441
The first half sentence is an ancient poem from the Han Dynasty, about 1800 years ago. Cultural differences caused misunderstandings and lost the original poetry after being translated into English. Sorry for the mistakes.
Hehe... But a "cultural difference/misunderstanding" is not the same thing as a transparent mistake, is iit?

The most wondrous thing of all for me is how supposedly wonky translations can lead directly to an 'accidental' poetry more poetical than the submitted original text!

Sadly, in this case, Kbear's lines didn't have that 'happy accident' !

Aug 2, 2021 at 6:05 AM Post #1,892 of 2,441
The first half sentence is an ancient poem from the Han Dynasty, about 1800 years ago. Cultural differences caused misunderstandings and lost the original poetry after being translated into English. Sorry for the mistakes.
Perhaps with a little imagination it may be interpreted as the meeting of Qian (Heaven) and K'un (Earth).

Aug 2, 2021 at 7:50 AM Post #1,893 of 2,441
This poem must have been properly translated by scholars before. Also citing an original could have been a good idea.

Sharing cultural heritage is an important responsibility along "opening up" and building into the World - 带一路.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2021 at 9:32 AM Post #1,894 of 2,441
Hi! Sorry but i am confused by this message! It's from WendyLi? Or "American Spirit"? Can you explain?
Sorry I mixed reply in one comment🥺

I agreed to your English translation citing part and rest was addressed to Wendy

Aug 2, 2021 at 9:44 AM Post #1,895 of 2,441
I guess the gale poetry is this
Original: with description
李世民

疾风知劲草,板荡识诚臣。

勇夫安识义,智者必怀仁。

疾风知劲草:在猛烈的大风中,可看出什么样的草是强劲的。比喻意志坚定,经得起考验。

DeepL:
Li Shimin

The wind is strong, and the board is honest.

A brave man knows righteousness, and a wise man must have benevolence.

Description:
The strong wind knows the strong grass: In the fierce wind, one can see what kind of grass is strong. It is a metaphor for a strong will that can stand the test.

I like Gale better than simple wind, as 疾風 has more of gust nuance than a simple wind. DeepL lost the “草” grass part, “Gale knows the strong grass” from the poetry context makes sense now👍 Great poetry metaphors “Gale” to a Brave Man; “Board” to A Wise Man, then citing each elements’ virtue.

Hope Robin has strong will that can stand the tests😁

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2021 at 12:16 PM Post #1,896 of 2,441
Hope Robin has strong will that can stand the tests
Addition with permission of @AmericanSpirit?

I could not resist after your wonderful distinction between wind and gale.

Hope Robin has strong will that can withstand the tests of the gale and sing his merry song when the wind dies down.....

Aug 2, 2021 at 1:31 PM Post #1,897 of 2,441
Addition with permission of @AmericanSpirit?

I could not resist after your wonderful distinction between wind and gale.

Hope Robin has strong will that can withstand the tests of the gale and sing his merry song when the wind dies down.....
Here we go native speaker’s editorial😁 My english is still second language and I think I’m not at the level of quoting literatures, great addition!

Aug 2, 2021 at 1:48 PM Post #1,898 of 2,441

I like Gale better than simple wind, as 疾風 has more of gust nuance than a simple wind. DeepL lost the “草” grass part, “Gale knows the strong grass” from the poetry context makes sense now👍 Great poetry metaphors “Gale” to a Brave Man; “Board” to A Wise Man, then citing each elements’ virtue.

This is really poetic and enlightening/insightful, thank you!

Aug 3, 2021 at 2:45 AM Post #1,899 of 2,441

Wow~ what a great translation:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Aug 3, 2021 at 4:23 AM Post #1,900 of 2,441
Hi everyone

Grace Series have been updated today. Here comes the new Grace named Grace-C. Grace-C is 2 core 6N single copper silver-plated +4N Pure copper silver-plated mixed cable. And now there are two cables in Grace Series : Grace-C and Grace-S.

Grace-C has some differences with Grace-S in sound. Grace-S is more biased towards high resolution while Grace-C is warmer, both of them are great choice , tell me what kind of sound you like.

图片1.png

Grace-S : https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...exp_id=c5044033-3501-4958-b0e2-ce7558604f43-0

Grace-C : https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...exp_id=13d0e02f-4a08-469d-af93-2ac59364b6d1-3

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2021 at 4:53 PM Post #1,901 of 2,441
The Robins arrived earlier today.

20210803_205150.jpg

Initial impressions:

Small and cute packaging. Nice small case, with a good selection of accessories. However, apart from the silicone ear tips on the ear pieces, I did not get additional ear tips, but I suspect this is to do with mine being a review unit.

I like the clarity of the tuning. However, with the only tips in the box being the silicone tips, the treble had a bit of a glare and the sub-bass was missing. This, of course, might change with burn-in.

I changed the tips to the TRI Starlights blue foam tips and I got very good dose of sub-bass and the glare of the treble toned down considerably.

Early days but I think these are very very good IEMs and very good value for money.

Aug 4, 2021 at 1:56 AM Post #1,902 of 2,441
Hi everyone

Grace Series have been updated today. Here comes the new Grace named Grace-C. Grace-C is 2 core 6N single copper silver-plated +4N Pure copper silver-plated mixed cable. And now there are two cables in Grace Series : Grace-C and Grace-S.

Grace-C has some differences with Grace-S in sound. Grace-S is more biased towards high resolution while Grace-C is warmer, both of them are great choice , tell me what kind of sound you like.

图片1.png

Grace-S : https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...exp_id=c5044033-3501-4958-b0e2-ce7558604f43-0

Grace-C : https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...exp_id=13d0e02f-4a08-469d-af93-2ac59364b6d1-3
The links have been updated.

Aug 5, 2021 at 4:25 AM Post #1,904 of 2,441
Can you find the differences between i3 and i3 pro ?

Very difficult to tell. I cannot tell the difference or differences between the two sets. I struggle but if I were to guess which is which set, I will try two ways:

If each photograph has one of each model's ear piece, then I would say, the original on the left and the pro on the right on all three photographs.

If the photographs are a set of the same model in each, I would say, top and bottom photos are original I3s and middle photo is of the pro I3s.

Wild guesses. 😁

Aug 5, 2021 at 4:39 AM Post #1,905 of 2,441
Hi my friends,

Recently Robin have received many praises, and we plan to do a Giveaway activity for Robin. But this time things will be different, we hope you guys to make rules for the lottery, then we will pick one and finish it.

Don't worry about your ideal will be missed, we will take all the good ideas into consideration because we will hold more Giveaway activity in the future. Come on and make rules.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back