KB EAR Audio impressions thread
Jul 16, 2021 at 6:29 AM Post #1,846 of 2,441
The Neons with a 30Ω impedance adapter is remarkably good! Very close to the Etymotic sound with greater pinna gain compensation than the stock Neons.

@WendyLi Maybe an upgraded version of the Neon with 45Ω impedance? :wink:

One advantage of the stock tuning of the Neons is that it doesn’t really get shouty, but I think it’s a bit less exciting too.
Haha, a version of the Neon with 45Ω impedance? :wink:

Jul 18, 2021 at 4:47 AM Post #1,847 of 2,441
Tri Starshine,
its clean and humble but offers exceptional mid and treble quality. Though the timbre is a tad metallic or "est"ness is there. but the power requirement is high and if it gets power properly. i am damn sure the mid and treble will be a lot of people's liking list. i wish there would be a tad more bass impact.
headfi tri.jpg

Jul 19, 2021 at 7:11 AM Post #1,850 of 2,441
Snappy!

KBEAR Robin is equipped with 1DD+4BA units per side. What do you think of this black version? :ksc75smile:

#kbear #robin #kbearrobin #hybrids #new #hifi #DD #BA #headphone #earphone #iem #audio #cable #music #musical

6-Robin black.jpg

Jul 19, 2021 at 9:52 AM Post #1,853 of 2,441
KBEAR Robin is equipped with 1DD+4BA units per side. What do you think of this black version? :ksc75smile:

#kbear #robin #kbearrobin #hybrids #new #hifi #DD #BA #headphone #earphone #iem #audio #cable #music #musical

6-Robin black.jpg
Ok so it’s under KBEAR line up!
Drivers?

Jul 19, 2021 at 1:50 PM Post #1,854 of 2,441
Tri Starshine,
its clean and humble but offers exceptional mid and treble quality. Though the timbre is a tad metallic or "est"ness is there. but the power requirement is high and if it gets power properly. i am damn sure the mid and treble will be a lot of people's liking list. i wish there would be a tad more bass impact.
I agree with you the Starshines are clean and (humble? please explain) offers exceptional mid and treble quality. In fact I agree with all your comments, except I differ on the timbre. I think the timbre is absolutely fantastic, listening to them on tracks I have heard over and over again, for me they just sound so realistic, cymbals hits are incredibly real, let alone other instruments.

The bass is beautifully textured, weighted and defined, and makes BA bass sound good, maybe DD bass will give you a tad more bass quantity, but I honestly think the bass is very good quality, if not basshead quantity.

The TRI Starlights are technically the best TRI earphones in the current range but for the fun element, the TRI Starshines are my favourite TRI.

We will hear what the TRI I3 Pros have to offer.....soon?

Jul 19, 2021 at 2:18 PM Post #1,855 of 2,441
Humble refers to, gentle, detailed but no listening fatigue.
Timbre, yes it is in deed a bit different than natural texture. Different doesn't mean bad. And i am saying on basis of my acoustic music career parspective.
Bass, in deed Starshines Achilles hill. Yeah its textured but the definition and weight is not there for me. With final tips it can tickel, but dunu SA6 with all BA, delivers more quantity with control and texture. Tried with a number of source, Plenue R2, cayin iha6+d70s stack, cayin n6ii and sony wm1a.
Am i a basshead? No! But i heared a few better bass under $500 (looking at anew audio xone)

Jul 19, 2021 at 2:33 PM Post #1,856 of 2,441
Humble refers to, gentle, detailed but no listening fatigue.
Timbre, yes it is in deed a bit different than natural texture. Different doesn't mean bad. And i am saying on basis of my acoustic music career parspective.
Bass, in deed Starshines Achilles hill. Yeah its textured but the definition and weight is not there for me. With final tips it can tickel, but dunu SA6 with all BA, delivers more quantity with control and texture. Tried with a number of source, Plenue R2, cayin iha6+d70s stack, cayin n6ii and sony wm1a.
Am i a basshead? No! But i heared a few better bass under $500 (looking at anew audio xone)
I see your point of view, even though I share some of your views, I differ on some, that is perfectly acceptable and as we both know not at all unusual. Where would the audio world be if our views were identical.

The point is that we both enjoy what we like in the Starshines. 🤝

Jul 20, 2021 at 3:07 PM Post #1,859 of 2,441
Haha, a version of the Neon with 45Ω impedance? :wink:
I will try neon with my ER4’s cable which includes imdepance adapter, will report back to see if it’s a good idea or not.

Jul 20, 2021 at 3:08 PM Post #1,860 of 2,441
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back