KB EAR Audio impressions thread
May 16, 2021 at 12:18 PM Post #1,696 of 2,441
Anyone here that uses Tokopedia and is familiar with the store? Is it legit? Cause if it, then they have a Neon for sale (pre-order)...

About ~60 USD... Not sure if the price is inflated.

1621067702949.png
Omg whatšŸ˜³ Am I day dreaming?
Those bullets battle ground is $15-30USD at most.

May 16, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #1,697 of 2,441
Man, i tried evrrything to tame muddy KS1, tips/cables, burn-in, impedance adjustment.
nope. Not working. Itā€™s bloody muddy even after 100 hours of burn in. So I have to conclude KS1 is a failure to me.

It is very unique basshead muddy IEM that can overshadow Male voice and traffic BGM altogether. That Jam makes Male voice perfectly opaque and ā€œindistinguishableā€ even from audiophile standard of hearing. This indicates KS1 has no separation capability. Not a recommendable IEM. If for a basshead, Iā€™d pick TRN MT1.

Afterall, KS1 is an E grade IEM to me.
I havenā€™t gave up KS series , so KS2 is coming today though.
I guess PEQ with some modding can save it, if you really want to make it work. It's probably the grills which is causing this. That's sad to hear that they're not working for you.

I've finally managed to get max out of EDX by using some PEQ. They're now serious IEMs especially that XUN bass is so soothing along with silky smooth treble. If you have EDX, I'd say you try the EQ settings shared here. It's very surprising how KZ is not utilizing the full potential of their IEMs. Or maybe that's what they want to do in first place - https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bes...s-sharing-reference-list.805930/post-16355941

Even KS2 is somewhat similar to KS1 so if I'd be you I won't keep my hopes up.

Edit - Added link to the post.

Last edited:
May 16, 2021 at 12:25 PM Post #1,698 of 2,441
I guess PEQ with some modding can save it, if you really want to make it work. It's probably the grills which is causing this. That's sad to hear that they're not working for you.

Even KS2 is somewhat similar to KS1 so if I'd be you I won't keep my hopes up.
Thanks, but PEQ is not my options. But that grill part actually makes sense! Same situation to Moondrop Aria. I may simply do a surgery to remove that grill!

May 16, 2021 at 8:35 PM Post #1,699 of 2,441
Man, i tried evrrything to tame muddy KS1, tips/cables, burn-in, impedance adjustment.
nope. Not working. Itā€™s bloody muddy even after 100 hours of burn in. So I have to conclude KS1 is a failure to me.

It is very unique basshead muddy IEM that can overshadow Male voice and traffic BGM altogether. That Jam makes Male voice perfectly opaque and ā€œindistinguishableā€ even from audiophile standard of hearing. This indicates KS1 has no separation capability. Not a recommendable IEM. If for a basshead, Iā€™d pick TRN MT1.

Afterall, KS1 is an E grade IEM to me.
I havenā€™t gave up KS series , so KS2 is coming today though.

Maybe a change of eartips to something wide bore eg Tenmark Whirlwinds, will help depress the bass boom. Or a bright source.

May 16, 2021 at 10:18 PM Post #1,700 of 2,441
Maybe a change of eartips to something wide bore eg Tenmark Whirlwinds, will help depress the bass boom. Or a bright source.
Haha believe me, I have all kinds of ear tips, couple of hundreds of them. The wide bore didnā€™t work either, so last resort is to tear off the acoustic filter, which workedāœŒļø

May 17, 2021 at 2:55 AM Post #1,701 of 2,441
TRI Starshine looks so awesome!! :wink:
@ChrisOc
ChrisOc 2_å‰Æęœ¬.jpg

May 17, 2021 at 7:49 PM Post #1,704 of 2,441
Using Knowles 29689 BA unit imported from the United States is the biggest feature of Neon. Do you like its look? Describe its look with three words!
šŸ˜†

24.jpg
How about frequency measurement?

May 17, 2021 at 9:45 PM Post #1,706 of 2,441
May 18, 2021 at 12:07 AM Post #1,707 of 2,441
The frequency responses chart of Neon.

P.S.
Iā€™m receiving Believe tomorrow!
I always regret that I didnt buy Believe before it became hard to be found in Aliexpress. It must be a good addition to your list.
Just out of curiousity, the order of IEMs in your signature is the order you prefer? or rank of performance?

May 18, 2021 at 1:34 AM Post #1,708 of 2,441
May 18, 2021 at 1:35 AM Post #1,709 of 2,441

Users who are viewing this thread

Back