KB EAR Audio impressions thread
May 12, 2021 at 6:01 PM Post #1,681 of 2,441
Do you have the code as the discount seems useful?
No special codes, just coupons:
Screenshot_20210512-175853_Samsung Internet.jpg

Two coupons: how the last $10 works is a bit of mystery to me (I was never into it in AE, I do not use the app)

P. S. Again, I was just following on a tip in the TRI thread :)

Last edited:
May 14, 2021 at 3:12 AM Post #1,683 of 2,441
Enjoying my KS1. Took a bit of playing with tips to get the right balance for me. Bass was a bit overwhelming to my tastes with some of my normal choices. BGVP W01 in medium is my tip of choice for the KS1. Normally I would use a L tip.
IMG20210514150800.jpg

May 14, 2021 at 3:45 AM Post #1,684 of 2,441
Enjoying my KS1. Took a bit of playing with tips to get the right balance for me. Bass was a bit overwhelming to my tastes with some of my normal choices. BGVP W01 in medium is my tip of choice for the KS1. Normally I would use a L tip.
Another one that aligns with my experience.

People on FB keep on saying that the bass is muddy/bleeds so much in the midrange. If that is the case? You. have. to. go. one. size. down.

Last edited:
May 14, 2021 at 1:15 PM Post #1,685 of 2,441
Another one that aligns with my experience.

People on FB keep on saying that the bass is muddy/bleeds so much in the midrange. If that is the case? You. have. to. go. one. size. down.
Or use a wider bore tip. People more often berate IEMs without tip rolling. It's more important to invest in good tips than cables because tips will directly impact how you hear and perceive the sound.

I'd rather pay $20 for Azla tips then $100 for adamantisnakium 999N Litz cable with space crystals.

May 14, 2021 at 1:19 PM Post #1,686 of 2,441
Or use a wider bore tip. People more often berate IEMs without tip rolling. It's more important to invest in good tips than cables because tips will directly impact how you hear and perceive the sound.

I'd rather pay $20 for Azla tips then $100 for adamantisnakium 999N Litz cable with space crystals.
Dont forget about soaking the cables in oil!

1621012683939.png

Since oil will make the cables more slippery, the electric signals will flow much smoother and that will tame the treble and also increase the soundstage 10x! :joy:

May 14, 2021 at 2:02 PM Post #1,687 of 2,441

Since oil will make the cables more slippery, the electric signals will flow much smoother and that will tame the treble and also increase the soundstage 10x! :joy:
SNAKE OIL would be much better! I bet it would increase the soundstage 50x!!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: LOL

Last edited:
May 14, 2021 at 2:12 PM Post #1,688 of 2,441

1621012683939.png

Hahahaha! Yes how can I forget the oils, after all, the true sonic power lies in the oil.

When one soaks silver cables in oil, it's lustre increases and that in turn leads to enhances treble and also leads to more airy sound. 😂

May 14, 2021 at 10:49 PM Post #1,690 of 2,441

1621012683939.png

I've seen a recent IEM, the catears MIA (https://hifigo.com/blogs/news/cat-ear-audio-mia-latest-iem-announced), this is stated: "All products including the cable, connectors, and driver unit undergo a patented three-stage cryogenic treatment to ensure the best quality."

This is called "freeze in". Burning in is passe.

May 14, 2021 at 11:12 PM Post #1,691 of 2,441
I've seen a recent IEM, the catears MIA (https://hifigo.com/blogs/news/cat-ear-audio-mia-latest-iem-announced), this is stated: "All products including the cable, connectors, and driver unit undergo a patented three-stage cryogenic treatment to ensure the best quality."

This is called "freeze in". Burning in is passe.
Some irony is that both cryogenic treatment of metals and oil soaking have their documented advantages.

The cryogenic treatment can decrease the number of defects (annealing) thus potentially improving conductivity and decreasung scattering/interference.

The oil treatment was actually developed in 1950-ies to protect wires from oxidation by filling the cracks and minimizing interactions with oxygen and other environmental agents.

As well, 7N copper is definitely better than 5N.

Then the key question: iare these potential improvements any noticeable for the sound and other important parameters to justify the price difference.

With the good documented evidence (or lack of any) - it is everyone's own decision in a free market - caveat emperor:)

Last edited:
May 15, 2021 at 4:35 AM Post #1,692 of 2,441
Anyone here that uses Tokopedia and is familiar with the store? Is it legit? Cause if it, then they have a Neon for sale (pre-order)...

About ~60 USD... Not sure if the price is inflated.

1621067702949.png

Last edited:
May 15, 2021 at 7:45 AM Post #1,693 of 2,441
Anyone here that uses Tokopedia and is familiar with the store? Is it legit? Cause if it, then they have a Neon for sale (pre-order)...

About ~60 USD... Not sure if the price is inflated.

1621067702949.png
I'd say wait for it to come usual AliExpress/Shoppee/KBEar authorized channels. You will get a better deal.

May 15, 2021 at 8:28 AM Post #1,694 of 2,441
I'd say wait for it to come usual AliExpress/Shoppee/KBEar authorized channels. You will get a better deal.
Sorry for the bad communication.

As a matter of fact, I can't order from Tokopedia because I'm from the PH 😝

I was just speculating if this is the retail price of the Neon.

Last edited:
May 16, 2021 at 12:11 PM Post #1,695 of 2,441

Man, i tried evrrything to tame muddy KS1, tips/cables, burn-in, impedance adjustment.
nope. Not working. It’s bloody muddy even after 100 hours of burn in. So I have to conclude KS1 is a failure to me.

It is very unique basshead muddy IEM that can overshadow Male voice and traffic BGM altogether. That Jam makes Male voice perfectly opaque and “indistinguishable” even from audiophile standard of hearing. This indicates KS1 has no separation capability. Not a recommendable IEM. If for a basshead, I’d pick TRN MT1.

Afterall, KS1 is an E grade IEM to me.
I haven’t gave up KS series , so KS2 is coming today though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back