Kaosun's Vintage CD Player Service Bulletin
Feb 25, 2013 at 1:42 AM Post #106 of 213
Hello Kaosun

I recently got an Aiwa xp-6 without an ac adapter or a manual.  I have been able to listen to it on batteries, since it has the AA adapter but would like to use it on ac power.  I have been unable to find the original adapter so I went to Radio Shack and found one that produced 9v and the appropriate voltage and had a center pin positive.  But the orange ring on the XP-6 would just blink twice and not power on.  What could be the problem? 

Also, any idea where I can get the manual and original adapter?

Thanks

Feb 28, 2013 at 3:18 AM Post #107 of 213
Hi, Kaosun. I recently acquired a Sony D-465 PCDP. The only problem I have noticed is that the Optical/Line out is only giving me analog signal; my DAC/Amp is not picking up digital signal via TOSLINK. Will this be time-consuming or expensive to fix?

Mar 4, 2013 at 12:55 AM Post #110 of 213
You can send your player and adapter here to inspect.
If your adapter is right, there must be something wrong with power circuit.
All problems about your XP6/XP7 can be repaired.

Mar 4, 2013 at 1:00 AM Post #111 of 213
Have you noticed that when you play a disc with batteries, the optical out never red?

As far as I know, the PCDP will open its optical out only when it's powered by external power supply.

Check such conditions at first, otherwise it gets problems.

Mar 4, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #112 of 213
Quote:
Have you noticed that when you play a disc with batteries, the optical out never red?

As far as I know, the PCDP will open its optical out only when it's powered by external power supply.

Check such conditions at first, otherwise it gets problems.

Kaosun, you are correct! I plugged my D-465 into the AC adapter, and I am now getting optical signal. I am disappointed that optical doesn't work from battery power since I have later model PCDPs (D-E775 & D-E700) that can do this, but I am relieved to know that my D-465 is functioning correctly. Thanks for your help!

Mar 25, 2013 at 1:54 AM Post #113 of 213
Hi kouson

Any thoughts on Citizen portable cd players, either the cbm-777 or the cbm-1000?

The cbm-777 was my first player and I'm still impressed by how simple it was to operate, heck it didn't even have a rechargeable battery.

But it finally died (but only after it fell off the workbench) and now Ive bought 3 more all in beautiful shape but all with problems reading the disc.

I also just got a cbm-1000 that seems to be working fine though a bit slow to read the disc.

Anyway, just curious. A fine thing you are doing with this thread.

Best regards

Curt

Apr 17, 2013 at 11:39 PM Post #115 of 213
Hi Kaosun´s

I just purchase a D-202 new in box. However, not working properly, I think is because was a long time without using ... 21 years until it opened.

Anyway, the button of mega bass not work, delayed when read disc but, when reads it does so without problem. No skip, no glitches, nothing! ... works wonderfully.

Another problem, send it engine noise in the output of the headphones.
An example like this page, http://nationalmaclord.web.fc2.com/d-202_repair.html

I have it that problem ...

I have a D-33 which is also malfunctioning. D33 sound better at comparing with D-202

Greetings from Mexico.

Jul 14, 2013 at 11:47 AM Post #116 of 213
Dear kaosun,

I think it's my honor to see u again here!!!
Do you remember jdbbs?
I do admire you once I saw what you had posted there...
Now, I need you help. Could you send me a copy of the datasheet of the mpc1715 chip?
Something has confused me for a long time, I can not figure it out. I need your help...
I wish you can pass my request of adding you as a friend in QQ...

Best wishes...

Sep 4, 2013 at 12:13 PM Post #118 of 213
Hey, the spindle motor of your D-350 has been damaged. You need to have it repalced.
Model Number of that spindle motor is RF-410. You may get it form D-66, D-303, D-515.
A brand new one is almost impossible to find. I hope I can help.

Sep 4, 2013 at 12:13 PM Post #119 of 213
Hey, the spindle motor of your D-350 has been damaged. You need to have it repalced.
Model Number of that spindle motor is RF-410. You may get it form D-66, D-303, D-515.
A brand new one is almost impossible to find. I hope I can help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back