Kaosun's Vintage CD Player Service Bulletin
Nov 30, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #98 of 213
I recently have a Sony D-50 Discman. It is a very nice vintage guy but does not work. It have a very durable design (metalic case and cover). I am trying to restore it and looking for its Service Manual and Schematic Diagram.

Thanks for your help and if you could share the Service Manual and Schematic Diagram.

Dec 5, 2012 at 2:34 PM Post #99 of 213
Hi Kaosun, I have a Vintage (1988) Kenwood DPC-77 Portable Compact Disc Player. The player starts when I plug it in, and then it blinks "0" and flashes "batt." It also gives off a slight burning electrical smell. I'm the original owner. Any idea if it can be repaired or what it's worth as-is and/or repaired? Because otherwise it's in nice shape.

Here's a link to pictures: http://www.tumblr.com/blog/possessionsandparaphernalia

Thanks!

Dec 29, 2012 at 4:13 AM Post #100 of 213
I cannt see your pics in your link but I know the DPC77.
It's necessary to replace all capacitors inside of the player, then inspect its circuit and laser.
You can try if you can.
If you need help from me, you can contact me.
Basically it can be repaired. 

Dec 29, 2012 at 4:18 AM Post #101 of 213
The teeth of the gears on the laser should broken; it happens commonly on every D50.
Dampers broken.  
I have all documents you need but its circuit is durable, so basically service manual doesnt work.
Contact me if need any help.

Jan 16, 2013 at 12:19 PM Post #103 of 213
Hi.  I have a Sony Discman D-9 manufacture date Sept 1989 that is having issues with the headphone output.  The right channel of the headphone output is quiet/almost silent.  The line out is fine for both channels.  I am assuming it is most likely due to the output capacitors for the headphone output.  Can you help me locate output caps for the headphone output channels (both Left and Right)?

Thanks! 

Feb 16, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #104 of 213
Hello Koasun...
I got Sony D303 and D555.  The D303 has skipping problem and the D555 it turns on but it doesn't play (obtical lens issue?).

I wonder you can fix it?
Are you in US or outside of US?

Thanks.

Feb 20, 2013 at 5:03 AM Post #105 of 213
hello i like to ask you how to adjust the laser unit from my denon dcp-150
can i do this by turning vr501 .
laser is working see red dot olso it goes up and dow but the cd don,t wan,t to turn
thanks for help sorry for my englisch
Bart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back